Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

everytime I’ve done vgt/ogt I’ve always gotten my assignment at 12 days or less. Always seems to be in the afternoon and always on a Tuesday or Thursday. Maybe that will give you hope. I have been doing GTY or OGT the last few cruises and the wait drives me batty. Good luck.
Thanks!!! Can I ask if you felt you got a bad room? I have a GTY 06A so I am expecting an obstructed view Verandah but of course I’d love a higher category to a regular verandah. Feeling anxious that others have been assigned their rooms on the ship and I don’t know if that gives me a better or worse chance to get at least what I booked. since we are not VGT I assume they won’t bump me down to a navigators. Crossing fingers !

Thanks. I know that to be the policy but was wondering if my cruise had got their assignments yet. I asked the poster above as it seems they are probably on my cruise as we leave in 16 days on the Magic. I was just curious as to whether they assign GTY or *GT first. I just got our luggage tags and see a big fat nothing in the room number. Sure hope I get the cabin assignment before then so I can put it on my tags at the port!!

Hey, yep, 11/15 from San Juan on the Magic. Our booking was a regular 10C GTY for a deluxe inside or better. If you search the sailing on facebook you'll find there are two (pretty similar) private groups for that sailing. A large number of the people in that group who were waiting for assignments received them yesterday.

Thanks!!! Can I ask if you felt you got a bad room? I have a GTY 06A so I am expecting an obstructed view Verandah but of course I’d love a higher category to a regular verandah. Feeling anxious that others have been assigned their rooms on the ship and I don’t know if that gives me a better or worse chance to get at least what I booked. since we are not VGT I assume they won’t bump me down to a navigators. Crossing fingers !

ive always been pleased with my room, so far. If you booked a gty 6A, chances are that’s what you’ll get. I’ve gotten my exact catagory everytime.

Hey, yep, 11/15 from San Juan on the Magic. Our booking was a regular 10C GTY for a deluxe inside or better. If you search the sailing on facebook you'll find there are two (pretty similar) private groups for that sailing. A large number of the people in that group who were waiting for assignments received them yesterday.
Thank you!!! I’ll search Facebook for the groups. I appreciate the response!! Have a great cruise!!!

ive always been pleased with my room, so far. If you booked a gty 6A, chances are that’s what you’ll get. I’ve gotten my exact catagory everytime.
Thank you!! Can’t wait to post here when/ if I get my assignment hopefully soon.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C, 7048
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Super happy! Would have loved starboard, but I’m totally good!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 10 am-2 pm
9. What month is your cruise?December

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 6A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C, 5130
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 2 days 😡
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We love the location on the fifth floor and we have a full unobstructed verandah so very happy.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 10 am-2 pm
9. What month is your cruise?November

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 4b
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4b, 8580
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 60
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Seems great to me!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? AM
9. What month is your cruise? January

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 9670
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 48
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? THRILLED!! Definitely what we wanted.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? AM

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 9172
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? happy, exact floor we wanted. I would chose this room if it was available
#6 What ship are you sailing? fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? pm

Last edited:
#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A, 91xx
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Eh. I’m happy about the deck 9 but would have preferred midship. Aft makes me nervous.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 9am and 4pm

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E, 7190
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 56
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy. It is a very big corner room with huge verandah!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime around 11am EST

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C, 2002
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 50
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Mixed feelings, slightly worried about feeling a lot of movement and a lot of reviews talk about this being a noisy location. Excited however because according to reviews this is a slightly larger room due to the curvature of the ship.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime around 10am EST
9. What month is your cruise? March

#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C, 2002
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Mixed feelings, slightly worried about feeling a lot of movement and a lot of reviews talk about this being a noisy location. Excited however because according to reviews this is a slightly larger room due to the curvature of the ship.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime around 10am EST

Woa.
Thanks for posting. I saw this and went to check my DCL account. And we got it too!!
Will post on here later.

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C, 6112
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Unsure - Sailed the Wonder a few times but don't remember where we stayed... This room is AFT and the few reviews about are that is an OK room, good location, low noise... I guess we'll have to wait and see - My main goal was to get a Verandah in decks 5/6 so I'm happy with that.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I'm guessing sometime in the AM.

#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C, 6112
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Unsure - Sailed the Wonder a few times but don't remember where we stayed... This room is AFT and the few reviews about are that is an OK room, good location, low noise... I guess we'll have to wait and see - My main goal was to get a Verandah in decks 5/6 so I'm happy with that.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I'm guessing sometime in the AM.
u can see your previous cabins on your castaway acct

#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C, 2032
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Meh. It's fine. A little concerned about the potential for noise from the nearby elevators, but we were in 2028 on Magic on our last cruise, and I don't remember it being a significant problem.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11A, 7623
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We're happy, we've been in a similar room on both deck 5 and 6 and it was always good.
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Mid-morning
#9. What month is your cruise? March

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!