Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B, 6099
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 49
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Really happy. We're as mid as we could get for an 11B. Happy to be on deck 6.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 10am. I knew lots of rooms were getting assigned today so I was checking pretty obsessively lol
#9. What month is your cruise? March

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B, 6099
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Really happy. We're as mid as we could get for an 11B. Happy to be on deck 6.
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 10am. I knew lots of rooms were getting assigned today so I was checking pretty obsessively lol

Cool..Glad you finally got it as well...Our cabins are close to each other.. I'm 6112
I'll say hi if I run into you on the hallway... 49 days!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A GTY

#2. What category and room # did you get? Stateroom #5124, which is a Category 5C

#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 58 days prior to sail date

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We feel great about it! I think this room perhaps doesn't get booked because it's pretty close to a public area - the Buena Vista Theater and youth clubs - on Deck 5. Some people might presume this to be a noisy location without much privacy. We are totally fine with being close to those amenities, and also to the aft staircase. I do like a starboard room, but we'll be totally fine on the port side.

#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

#6 What ship are you sailing? Disney Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I'm not totally sure; I noticed around 10:00 or 11:00am ET

9. What month is your cruise? February 2020

#2. What category and room # did you get? Stateroom #5124, which is a Category 5C

#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 58 days prior to sail date

#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We feel great about it! I think this room perhaps doesn't get booked because it's pretty close to a public area - the Buena Vista Theater and youth clubs - on Deck 5. Some people might presume this to be a noisy location without much privacy. We are totally fine with being close to those amenities, and also to the aft staircase. I do like a starboard room, but we'll be totally fine on the port side.

8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? I'm not totally sure; I noticed around 10:00 or 11:00am ET

Ooops posted twice. Sorry!

Last edited:

You will love this room. Open balcony and the location is wonderful. We were in 5130 on Magic recently and I love love love AFT Deck 5. Very quiet and So easy and quick to get to all the restaurants for dinner and a quick aft ride to Cabanas and the drink station!! and I loved walking right over for a movie in my Jammies. You’ll want popcorn though!! Enjoy. That a nice little upgrade from the navigator verandah!

You will love this room. Open balcony and the location is wonderful. We were in 5130 on Magic recently and I love love love AFT Deck 5. Very quiet and So easy and quick to get to all the restaurants for dinner and a quick aft ride to Cabanas and the drink station!! and I loved walking right over for a movie in my Jammies. You’ll want popcorn though!! Enjoy. That a nice little upgrade from the navigator verandah!

We are super excited about the upgrade! We love aft locations, and I agree that the location on deck 5 will be super convenient to the movie theater. I'm glad to hear someone else likes this location!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C and 9B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C 2630 and 9B 2612
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not happy at all.
#5 If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We did and they are not close to each other, hence my disappointment. I do think that we just fell into a glitch. The website was horrible when booking. No idea how at the same price point we ended up in 2 different categories.
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 11am
#9. What month is your cruise? February

Last edited:

Can you contact DCL to see if there are any closer rooms? It my understanding that you can call if its GTY and ask or change categories if available. If its the other discount categories, I think you get what you get.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C and 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11C 2630 and 11B 2612
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Not happy at all.
#5 If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We did and they are not close to each other, hence my disappointment. Dad in one cabin with kids and Mom 12 cabins away with kids. Probably our last DCL.

Are you sure you got an 11b? There are none on deck 2. If you booked an 11cgty and an 11b gty there’s no way you’d even be on the same deck let alone close together.

#5 If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We did and they are not close to each other, hence my disappointment. Dad in one cabin with kids and Mom 12 cabins away with kids. Probably our last DCL.
2630 and 2612 are oceanview 9C , not inside which you booked. You were upgraded to a cat 9C.

Your other option is to book with actual cabin numbers. When you book GTY or *GT with multiple cabins - ESPECIALLY if you book different categories - you accept that they may be nowhere near each other. 12 cabins is really not that much - though admittedly enough it could well be different muster stations. (Though to be fair you could have cabins side by side that are different stations, so...)

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book?
9C
#2. What category and room # did you get?
9B, 2060
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 55ish
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
Happy. No difference between a 9C and a 9A as far as I can tell...and we are midship which is nice.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Prior to 2pm

Hope this is the right thread! Our rate was GTY, so here goes:
#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 2045, a 10B Deluxe Inside
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very pleased -- I was anticipating a standard inside room, so the deluxe with a split-bath is nice.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime before noon.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 57
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location?
Happy. We got exactly what we wanted!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening. Saw it at 8:48pm
#9. What month is your cruise? April

Patiently awaiting our room assignment for our trip on May 16th. Is it sad I check it everyday? I'm so subscribing to this to see what everyone gets.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT with restrictions
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5B #7102
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are happy! The info said it was a GTY with restrictions and obstructions. This verandah cabin looks like it is clear of obstructions!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure
9. What month is your cruise? Feb 2020

Patiently awaiting our room assignment for our trip on May 16th. Is it sad I check it everyday? I'm so subscribing to this to see what everyone gets.

I can tell you almost down to the minute when our room was assigned I was checking so often. Once others in our group start getting assignments I was refreshing over and over.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 6A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5B 6082
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We had been looking forward to an aft verandah and prefer to stay further aft in general, so midship is a little disappointing. We've never stayed on the port side, so that will be new. The biggest upsides are the plexiglass verandah—we've never tried the white wall and didn't know how that would work out for us—and that they gave us a cabin with the pull-down bunk, which my son prefers but we might not have gotten because there are three of us.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon or evening
9. What month is your cruise? April

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5B 9670
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 60
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I couldn't be happier to get this bigger AFT room! However, I'm going to be super sad if my cruise gets cancelled. It will be salt in the wound knowing I would have had this amazing room.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? May

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter