***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Every time I have asked to be seated alone, the CM's have always honored it. Not everyone wants to ride with someone they don't know. I am very tall, and my legs barely fit on 7DMT. I realize the cars are setup different on 7DMT, but if the cars are setup like BTMR, I don't want my legs rubbing up against a stranger.
There is more leg room in this vehicle than 7DMT.

Every time I have asked to be seated alone, the CM's have always honored it. Not everyone wants to ride with someone they don't know. I am very tall, and my legs barely fit on 7DMT. I realize the cars are setup different on 7DMT, but if the cars are setup like BTMR, I don't want my legs rubbing up against a stranger.

I'm not telling you they won't accommodate you. I'm just giving the information that was posted in the queue. I have no idea what the attractions CMs are trained to do.

I've seen some positive Tweets about Toy Story Land. My girls have me get on my computer every night and check for photo updates. They are beyond excited and I'm pretty sure they are going to love it!

View attachment 330811 View attachment 330812 View attachment 330813 View attachment 330814 View attachment 330815
I just want to keep expectations in check. I’m sure kids will love it though. This land is also getting plenty of criticism. Many of the CMs are rating on emotion in that they will be working at TSL, or already work at DHS and are grateful for the opportunity to preview the ride also skewing their rating. I have seen/heard from plenty of CMs that didn’t think it was 8-10/10 territory either.

I just want to keep expectations in check. I’m sure kids will love it though. This land is also getting plenty of criticism. Many of the CMs are rating on emotion in that they will be working at TSL, or already work at DHS and are grateful for the opportunity to preview the ride also skewing their rating. I have seen/heard from plenty of CMs that didn’t think it was 8-10/10 territory either.
I can see that being the case. For me, the ultimate "Thrill Rides" are at my local Six Flags. They have more high speed coasters than one could wish for but nothing else comes close to the amount of fun I have at Disney with my kids. I don't care to ride 7DMT but my kids love it so much I will ride it as many times as they want. Same goes for Barnstormer. I think as a family, we will have a blast in Toy Story Land. The only way we will get an honest review is if we can get one from someone under 10 years old.

Yeah they're basically doing advertising for the new land. No one can say they're being objective about it.

People definitely should have their expectations in check.

I also said don’t expect an elaborate queue.

This is what I expected... I kinda wish I was wrong.

But I'm sure the kiddies will like it, and I say that's a success. Not everything Disney does needs to meet my particular expectations.

My kids will love this! No, don't get too excited, it's just a kiddie coaster and copy of a ride at another park. But it's -- Toy Story! And looks fun to swirl around with the Aliens and slink thru some quick turns and short hills with Slinky Dog! No really, it's not that cool. If someone says they like it they're probably just advertising for Disney.

ROFL. This is the same conversation from the Mine Train all over again.

FWIW, I very much appreciate the keep-it-real reviews/comments. I'm neither a Disney apologist nor a Disney dissenter: I'm a Disney realist. My 16yo and I are going into TSL with the expectation that it will be neat to see something new, SDD might be a fun ride every once in a while (which is exactly how we view 7DMT - not a must-do, but fun to throw in once or twice a year), and if the wait isn't long AS2 might be worth a try. TSL could very well be something we rarely visit after the first time, and that's okay. That's it: if we get that much, I'll be satisfied. :thumbsup2 (Despite really enjoying FOP, we feel the same about Pandora: not something we have to visit every trip, but fun enough when we do visit it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter