***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Thanks so much, I think we will go ahead and keep a HS day. I’m sure my Star Wars fanatic won’t mind riding Star Tours more than once:)

Do we know yet if this new ride in Toy Story Land is going to be pooh size friendly? The latest trend with Flight of Passage and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train seems to indicate that Disney is headed down a path of no longer being plus size friendly. I really hope that the new rides coming out are not going to follow suit.
It’s hard to really know for sure until it opens. It looks a little better than mine train though.

Can someone explain soft openings and how they work? and if they could be possible for first week of May?
Soft openings are typically random and luck of the draw unless they do a scheduled soft opening which is usually for AP and DVC. First week of May is unlikely for soft openings with a grand opening in late June.

No I’m not kidding. If Disney really wanted to this could have been open in 2017. This isn’t Pandora or Star Wars it’s a kiddie land. Disney inflates their construction schedules.

Was Pandora any reason why they may not have wanted this one to open last year? Let it have its own time in the sun (and maybe avoid the inevitable comparisons to the theming and detail of Pandora)?

Was Pandora any reason why they may not have wanted this one to open last year? Let it have its own time in the sun (and maybe avoid the inevitable comparisons to the theming and detail of Pandora)?
Well Pandora certainly had its own issues in delays and budget overruns. I’m sure they definitely wanted pandora to have the spotlight especially due to how much it cost. With comparing the two though Toy Story Land could have been completed in less time than it ended up taking of Disney out their mind to it.

Do we know yet if this new ride in Toy Story Land is going to be pooh size friendly? The latest trend with Flight of Passage and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train seems to indicate that Disney is headed down a path of no longer being plus size friendly. I really hope that the new rides coming out are not going to follow suit.
well, it's a family coaster with a height requirement of 38" just like 7DMT so my guess is the seats are made to accommodate children as well as adults so you would just have to try it and see.

Trying to answer your question seriously as far as Pandora, everyone at AK of course wanted to be in Pandora that day. Disney limited folks entering Pandora so it would not be swamped with people in every available space. The line to enter AK in the morning was not horribly bad at 6:10AM for a 7AM EMH. We had FPs for FOP at 11AM and decided to do the rest of AK while everyone else went to Pandora. Which worked great in the morning.

:wizard:

I know this isn't TSL related, but I would love your tips for Pandora, going in June.

How do soft openings work? We will be there a June 13-22, right before opening and are DVC members.
If they do scheduled soft openings for AP and DVC they will send out a sign up.

If not any soft openings would be random and luck of the draw.

The following has been added to the first page...

Extra Magic Hours

Disney has added Extra Magic Hours to Hollywood Studios during the month of July. Every day in July DHS will have morning Extra Magic Hours from 7AM-8AM. Every Friday DHS will have evening Extra Magic Hours from 10PM to 12AM. Regular hours every day in July will be 8AM to 10PM.

Opening day at Toy Story Land! June 30th, 2018

Hollywood Studios will be open from 8AM-11PM on opening day.

I know this isn't TSL related, but I would love your tips for Pandora, going in June.
Truthfully I do not have anything to offer that has not already been thoroughly discussed in the Official Pandora thread by many others. I only went over opening day weekend on Day #1 and Day #2 (Saturday & Sunday of Memorial Day weekend 2017) which does not reflect very well the sustained Pandora situation that now exists. I would be glad to answer any questions as best I can though!

:wizard:

I think that TSL and Slinky Dog look too cute! In our house house we have more precious memories with Toy Story than Pandora, so that’s why we are looking more forward to TSL than Pandora. Honestly I don’t care if we see Pandora or not, but TSL looks amazing even if they took out some of the extra touches.

I think that TSL and Slinky Dog look too cute! In our house house we have more precious memories with Toy Story than Pandora, so that’s why we are looking more forward to TSL than Pandora. Honestly I don’t care if we see Pandora or not, but TSL looks amazing even if they took out some of the extra touches.

Toy Story is a big deal in my house, too.

Thanks so much, I think we will go ahead and keep a HS day. I’m sure my Star Wars fanatic won’t mind riding Star Tours more than once:)
Probably not, since each ride can be totally different from the one before. This is a quote from Wikipedia:

“The ride sequence is randomized; guests riding Star Tours will experience four out of the thirteen different segments — with some segments offering slight variants — during each journey. This gives Star Toursthe advantage of being both highly repeatable and constantly surprising. Even though guests can experience 96 different journeys, the main priority (delivering the Rebel spy to safety) is accomplished no matter what the sequence is.”

Probably not, since each ride can be totally different from the one before. This is a quote from Wikipedia:

“The ride sequence is randomized; guests riding Star Tours will experience four out of the thirteen different segments — with some segments offering slight variants — during each journey. This gives Star Toursthe advantage of being both highly repeatable and constantly surprising. Even though guests can experience 96 different journeys, the main priority (delivering the Rebel spy to safety) is accomplished no matter what the sequence is.”
Currently each ride is The Last Jedi scenes. They do that while the movie is “fresh” it should change back to randomization soon.

I have weekday select Fla resident AP. Ill be blocked out when TS opens...is there any way to be able to get passholder preview? Would I have to upgrade my pass to non-black out and then be able to sign up for preview? Or can sign up for preview since I am a Pass holder, and buy a one day ticket? thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter