***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

I am so bummed that we leave on the 23rd and will miss it! I guess they really aren't going to do a preview for DVC and Passholders? I was really hoping, but it seems unlikely at this point since they haven't announced it.

Will they be doing unannounced soft openings for this soon do you think? My colleague is there this week so I am wondering on his behalf really.

I remember being lucky enough to get into New Fantasyland prior to official opening. No announcements or signposting, you just wandered in and not many people seemed to know about it so there were no queues!

Will they be doing unannounced soft openings for this soon do you think? My colleague is there this week so I am wondering on his behalf really.

I remember being lucky enough to get into New Fantasyland prior to official opening. No announcements or signposting, you just wandered in and not many people seemed to know about it so there were no queues!
Not this week. Far too early.

Trying to decide if we should go to opening day. June 30 is our first day (this trip) at WDW. What is opening day in a new land like? Anyone know? I understand it will be crowded, but will it be so crowded that it is no fun? We do not have FPs ATM, so unless something opens up, we would not be riding the new rides. Just wondering if opening day is worth the "hassle"? Also, is there exclusive merchandise for that day? We have APs (not Fl residents/no black out dates) and will be back in Sept, just trying to see what to expect if we decided to go on June 30. Or would July 1 be any better? Or just wait until Sept? Sorry for so many questions!

Trying to decide if we should go to opening day. June 30 is our first day (this trip) at WDW. What is opening day in a new land like? Anyone know? I understand it will be crowded, but will it be so crowded that it is no fun? We do not have FPs ATM, so unless something opens up, we would not be riding the new rides. Just wondering if opening day is worth the "hassle"? Also, is there exclusive merchandise for that day? We have APs (not Fl residents/no black out dates) and will be back in Sept, just trying to see what to expect if we decided to go on June 30. Or would July 1 be any better? Or just wait until Sept? Sorry for so many questions!
this has been discussed on this thread a couple of times. It will be very very busy and crowded. Depending on the time you arrive you might not even have access to the land since it is likely it will close due to capacity at some point through out the morning.
Just as a reference, Pandora closed within the first hour of the land opening and people lined up for hours outside of the land (but still inside AK) to be able to just go in. Many here are planning on arriving at DHS by 6am.
There will likely be exclusive merchandise, lines for that might be long as well but the merchandise should last all day.
July 1st shouldn't be a lot different, I think that it will be crowded for the entire Summer season.
Now it depends on what you can tolerate in terms of crowds, I actually enjoy the pandemonium and the craziness that comes with it. Nothing like being in a new land that has been anticipated for a while but we are all different

this has been discussed on this thread a couple of times. It will be very very busy and crowded. Depending on the time you arrive you might not even have access to the land since it is likely it will close due to capacity at some point through out the morning.
Just as a reference, Pandora closed within the first hour of the land opening and people lined up for hours outside of the land (but still inside AK) to be able to just go in. Many here are planning on arriving at DHS by 6am.
There will likely be exclusive merchandise, lines for that might be long as well but the merchandise should last all day.
July 1st shouldn't be a lot different, I think that it will be crowded for the entire Summer season.
Now it depends on what you can tolerate in terms of crowds, I actually enjoy the pandemonium and the craziness that comes with it. Nothing like being in a new land that has been anticipated for a while but we are all different

Thank you for the reply. :)

We're there before and after that date and we are not touching it until extra magic morning hours on Monday and Tuesday and then we have FPs. Hoping for a little extra breathing room at other parks over the weekend.

We're there before and after that date and we are not touching it until extra magic morning hours on Monday and Tuesday and then we have FPs. Hoping for a little extra breathing room at other parks over the weekend.

Yes, that's another thing I was wondering....I wonder if the other parks will be a lot less crowded since everyone else will be at HS?? I hope so!

Well due to a glitch with my FILs MDE accounts (he needed to have them merged because he created a new account while he still had an old account) we ended up losing ALL of the FPs we had booked for the TSL rides during the first week of July! They managed to keep his ticket and his room reservations all linked (they were on the old account) but dropped every one of his FPs including 1 for SlinkyDog and one for Saucers. We managed to rebook him on the saucers on the last day, but at the same time we are scheduled to do the SD coaster. I'm hopeful for same day FPs for him once we get there. I'm so mad about them all being dropped like that.

Well due to a glitch with my FILs MDE accounts (he needed to have them merged because he created a new account while he still had an old account) we ended up losing ALL of the FPs we had booked for the TSL rides during the first week of July! They managed to keep his ticket and his room reservations all linked (they were on the old account) but dropped every one of his FPs including 1 for SlinkyDog and one for Saucers. We managed to rebook him on the saucers on the last day, but at the same time we are scheduled to do the SD coaster. I'm hopeful for same day FPs for him once we get there. I'm so mad about them all being dropped like that.
In the past for me if the system dropped them, IT will recover them by giving you an open ended time.

Quick question about opening day....we do have FPs for the new rides in TSL, but we were not planning on camping out ahead of our FP time of 9:00. Is there a chance we will not be admitted (i.e. they close the park) even though we have FPs? I guess what I am asking is do we need to camp out or arrive wayyyyy early even though we have FPs for TSL?

Quick question about opening day....we do have FPs for the new rides in TSL, but we were not planning on camping out ahead of our FP time of 9:00. Is there a chance we will not be admitted (i.e. they close the park) even though we have FPs? I guess what I am asking is do we need to camp out or arrive wayyyyy early even though we have FPs for TSL?
If they follow the same process as they did for Pandora, people with FPs will be admitted into TSL at the beginning of their FP time window. For Pandora, there was a standby line for people who did not have FPs to wait for entry into the new land, and a separate line for folks entering at their FP time. Once in, you could stay there as long as you wished. I would imagine that if the entire park closed to capacity, FP holders would still be admitted.

If they follow the same process as they did for Pandora, people with FPs will be admitted into TSL at the beginning of their FP time window. For Pandora, there was a standby line for people who did not have FPs to wait for entry into the new land, and a separate line for folks entering at their FP time. Once in, you could stay there as long as you wished. I would imagine that if the entire park closed to capacity, FP holders would still be admitted.

Toy story mania should count for this too you think? It is our Day 1 so didn't get the new rides until later in week. But have TSM on the 30th.

Toy story mania should count for this too you think? It is our Day 1 so didn't get the new rides until later in week. But have TSM on the 30th.
TBH I haven't paid any attention to TSM - I'm assuming its entrance will be within TSL when TSL opens? If so, I'd think TSM FPs would allow entry into TSL ahead of standby.

The park won't close.

It's a good bet the land will likely close and a line will form for entrance for the first couple days. You'll be allowed in with a FP.

I wouldn't get there super early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter