Official Upcoming RunDisney DISMeets Thread

I'm pretty sure @DopeyBadger will handle the pre-race Marathon Weekend meets ... I just know it won't be me, since, you know, I don't get to the start area until the last possible minute that I have to be there. Those early mornings are so full of #nope.

Thanks @Keels!

From MK, is it easier to go to BC/YC and walk to Hannah's, or take the monorail to Epcot and walk through that? We have hoppers, so that's not a problem, and we were planning on spending some time in WS after the meetup!

Thanks @Keels!

From MK, is it easier to go to BC/YC and walk to Hannah's, or take the monorail to Epcot and walk through that? We have hoppers, so that's not a problem, and we were planning on spending some time in WS after the meetup!

It's definitely easiest to go straight to BC/YC, but it also depends on what you're in the mood to do! Hurricane Hannah's is right outside Stormalong Bay (underneath the shipwreck slide) on the Boardwalk loop ... so it's just right outside the International Gateway, just about a 2-3 minute walk from there.

@Keels

Great idea!

Milwaukee Marathon Weekend DIS Meet

Meet-Up Date: October 15th, 2017
Meet-Up Time: TBD
Meet-Up Location: TBD
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger
More Info: Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

Attendees:
Signed up

@roxymama - 10k
@DopeyBadger - 10k
@opusone - Half Marathon
@rteetz - 10k
@pixarmom - Half Marathon
@*DisneyDreamer - Half Marathon
DopeyBadgerMom - 10k

Undecided, but has shown interest
@Mimsy Borogove
@WIFriendofFigment - possible dependent on Lakefront
@DisSconnie
@roxyhubby - babysitter dependent
@mateojr 1-mile or 5K, depending on schedules

I'll put together stuff for the 2018 Disney Marathon Weekend pre- and post-race meet ups later today.

@Keels I'm in for HH Marathon Weekend with probably +1. I'm currently not going to be able to make it to DATW but if something changes I'll let you guys know. Really bummed direct flights home leave so early.

Event-Icons-Wine-and-Dine_200x200.png

2017 WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Pre-Party Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Nov. 6
Meet-Up Time: 7 - 8 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @Keels & Friends
More Info: Let's get together for a quick cocktail before the post-party at Epcot. As always, first drink is on your host ... there will also be official DISer "Drinking Around the World" lanyards for all attendees!
Attendees:

I'll be there plus one. It's only right to pre-game for a night of drinking, right?

@Keels

I'm also in for the marathon weekend Hurricane Hannah's meet. My wife and daughter will likely be there as well but I think they might have other plans for the hotel.

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend

I'll have the following sign at all Pre and Post race meetings to aid in finding the location.

DIS.jpg

Pre-Race Meets: TENTATIVE UNTIL FINAL RACE PROGRAM IS RELEASED

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:30-4:30 am and POST - until 6:30am (FYI the buses do not start running back to the hotels until ~6:30am)
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger

5k #2.jpg

Follow the pink line to go from the bus drop off to the meet up location. Black arrow is the path to the corrals. Green arrow is the direction of the race start.

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:30-4:30 am and POST - until 7am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!

10k.jpg

Follow the pink line to go from the bus drop off to the meet up location. Black arrow is the path to the corrals. Green arrow is the direction of the race start.

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 8:30am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)

Half Marathon.jpg

Follow the pink line to go from the bus drop off to the meet up location. Black arrow is the path to the corrals.

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 12pm
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)

Marathon.jpg

Follow the pink line to go from the bus drop off to the meet up location. Black arrow is the path to the corrals.

Once we're inside 2-3 weeks to race day and the corral information is released, I'll compile the DIS List with names, costume, corral, early/late, front/middle/back, expected pace, and when to expect someone at certain milestones by time of day (see attached for example).

Attachments

• Marathon Weekend 2017 - DIS List FINAL 2016_12_31.pdf
    988 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Event-Icons-WDW_200x200.png

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Half Marathon Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: 2 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi & @Keels
More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @courtneybeth +1, @FelisLachesis +1

Official 2018 "Drinking Around the World"
Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 8
Meet-Up Time: 11:30 a.m.
Meet-Up Location: Beer Cart at Canada (Which is dumb, because EVERYONE knows you start in Mexico, but it's not my meet-up so ... #RespectYourElders)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi
More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress ...
Attendees: @Keels, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo
I will definitely be at HH and I'll get back to you about DATW

Has anyone taken this one yet as a party planner? I'm running all three races and will be around if no one else has volunteered. :)
I'm in if you host the meet up for Super Heros.

I'll have the following sign at all Pre and Post race meetings to aid in finding the location.

View attachment 274401

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 4-5 am and POST - until 7am (FYI the buses do not start running back to the hotels until ~7am)

View attachment 274399

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5

View attachment 274400

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6

View attachment 274402

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7

View attachment 274404

Once we're inside 2-3 weeks to race day and the corral information is released, I'll compile the DIS List with names, costume, corral, early/late, front/middle/back, expected pace, and when to expect someone at certain milestones by time of day (see attached for example).
I'll be there every morning :)

@Keels

Great idea!

Milwaukee Marathon Weekend DIS Meet

Meet-Up Date: October 15th, 2017
Meet-Up Time: TBD
Meet-Up Location: TBD
More Info: Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

Attendees:
Signed up

@roxymama - 10k
@DopeyBadger - 10k
@opusone - Half Marathon
@rteetz - 10k
@pixarmom - Half Marathon
@*DisneyDreamer - Half Marathon
DopeyBadgerMom - 10k

Undecided, but has shown interest
@Mimsy Borogove
@WIFriendofFigment - possible dependent on Lakefront
@DisSconnie
@roxyhubby - babysitter dependent
@mateojr 1-mile or 5K, depending on schedules

I'll put together stuff for the 2018 Disney Marathon Weekend pre- and post-race meet ups later today.

I will be at the meet up wherever it is!

View attachment 274401

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 4-5 am and POST - until 7am (FYI the buses do not start running back to the hotels until ~7am)

View attachment 274399

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5

View attachment 274400

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6

View attachment 274402

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7

View attachment 274404

Definitely will try to make most of the pre-race meet ups.

@Keels - Still looking into this - really hoping to meet everyone this year. I am running the half with 3 others (my wife, son and a friend). I am running the full by myself. But we are traveling with a lot of other friends and family, so I have no idea what I can do at this point. For now, I am planning for the pre-race location with 3 others for the half and by myself at the pre-race location for the marathon. I hope to convince the group to also head over to HH for a few drinks on Friday.

I am also going to ask the group about DATW, but most of the group doesn't drink so I have little confidence here.

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Nov. 5
More Info: Let's get together for a quick cocktail before the post-party at Epcot. As always, first drink is on your host ... there will also be official DISer "Drinking Around the World" lanyards for all attendees!
Attendees: @jeanigor +1
Hi,

I already RSVP on the other thread but consolidating the info is a fine idea!

Yes, I’ll be at the Hurricane Hannah's Pre-Party Happy Hour.

Thank you so much for the invite, I am looking forward to meeting DISers that add so much fun to the planning/wait for Disney vacations!

Last edited:

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Nov. 6
Attendees: @jeanigor +1

I'm in!

View attachment 274401

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4

View attachment 274399

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5

View attachment 274400

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6

View attachment 274402

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7

View attachment 274404

I'm in for all four morning meet ups.
Count me +1 (my son) for the 10k.
Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting even mor DIS folks.

Also will attend the Hurricane Hannah meetup on Friday and plan on the DATW.

Thank you all for hosting!

Event-Icons-WDW_200x200.png

Pre-Race Meets:
** FULL INFORMATION INCLUDING MAPS HERE!!!**

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy +1

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Half Marathon Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: 2 p.m.
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi & @Keels
More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @courtneybeth +1, @FelisLachesis +1, @Anisum +1, @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama (?), @mrsg00fy

Official 2018 "Drinking Around the World"
Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 8
Meet-Up Time: 11:30 a.m.
Meet-Up Location: Beer Cart at Canada (Which is dumb, because EVERYONE knows you start in Mexico, but it's not my meet-up so ... #RespectYourElders)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi
More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress ...
Attendees: @Keels, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @mrsg00fy

I’ll try and make the WDW Marathon pre-race meet ups.

Updated to quote WDW meetup.

Last edited:
This is awesome!

For Marathon Weekend 2018

10K pre meet-Me (Heather) and DD (11)
HH-hope to make it in time as our family will be in AK after the race! Probably me and DH (I'm going to have to ask his dis handle so I can tag him)
Marathon-probably DH
DATW-Tentitive me and DH I forget what we had planned that day

3 months to go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter