Official Upcoming RunDisney DISMeets Thread

I plan to be at the pre-race meets Marathon Weekend. No specific plans for the post race but we'll see when I finish.

I am so disappointed. Maybe it will storm at home and my flight will get cancelled. Maybe they'll add a later flight. If I can find a way to make it I will.

Event-Icons-WDW_200x200.png

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
** FULL INFORMATION INCLUDING MAPS HERE!!!**

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 4-5 am and POST - until 7am (FYI the buses do not start running back to the hotels until ~7am)
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:30-4:30 am and POST - until 7am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy +1

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 8:30am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 12pm
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Half Marathon Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: 2 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi & @Keels
More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @courtneybeth +1, @FelisLachesis +1, @Anisum +1, @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama (?), @mrsg00fy

Official 2018 "Drinking Around the World"
Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 8
Meet-Up Time: 11:30 a.m.
Meet-Up Location: Beer Cart at Canada (Which is dumb, because EVERYONE knows you start in Mexico, but it's not my meet-up so ... #RespectYourElders)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi
More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress ...
Attendees: @Keels, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @mrsg00fy

I'm hoping to make it to some or all of the pre-race meet-ups. I'd love to make it to the HH HM HH (especially since we are staying at Beach Club) but I think we'll be having family time in the parks then. I'll RSVP if plans looks like they are changing though.

Pre-Race Meets:

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 4-5 am and POST - until 7am (FYI the buses do not start running back to the hotels until ~7am)
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy +1

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @courtneybeth +1, @FelisLachesis +1, @Anisum +1, @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama (?), @mrsg00fy

Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 8
Meet-Up Location: Beer Cart at Canada (Which is dumb, because EVERYONE knows you start in Mexico, but it's not my meet-up so ... #RespectYourElders)
More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress ...

Thanks @Keels for setting this all up! I expect to be at the pre-race meet-ups for WDW Marathon Weekend and the Hurricane Hannah's Happy Hour as well. I'll also have 5-10 people with me at any given event, but I'm not sure who's doing what exactly. I've got 16 friends and family coming down to either run or cheer, and trying to coordinate things is like herding cats!

This is awesome!

For Marathon Weekend 2018

10K pre meet-Me (Heather) and DD (11)
HH-hope to make it in time as our family will be in AK after the race! Probably me and DH (I'm going to have to ask his dis handle so I can tag him)
Marathon-probably DH
DATW-Tentitive me and DH I forget what we had planned that day

3 months to go!!!

@doodah OK with you?

I discussed the W&D meet up with my hubby who would be joining me but I don't know if I want to commit to leaving the park early for it. This is my first time to WDW and I don't know when I will be back.

Pre-Race Meets:

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5

Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 8

You can add me plus 1 (DD27) to all the pre race meet ups, the HH Happy Hour and DATW. :)

I'll be at HH on the 5th! Just a short walk for me from the Dunes Cove Pool at the Villas. Looks like we may need an expansion of Hurricane Hannahs....SRO!

I hope this is the place to RSVP because I will definitely be present at the Pre-Race meet ups, all but the Half for Dopey, as I am running that one with family members. I'll likely stick around until the buses start running after the 5K too :)
Thank you @Keels and @DopeyBadger for the organization!! This is amazing and has me even more excited!!

Last edited:
Count me and DW in for Hurricane Hannah’s on Friday. Had a good time last year.

Can non-runners get into the race meet-up area? If so, we should be groovy for all the pre-race meetups, depending on when we get up. The post-race meetups may disperse before my girl crosses the finish line, but i may hangout to say hi until she gets close. The 5k should be cool, since the buses decide to wait until the race is long over. She's going for completion, not for any sort of PRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!