Official Upcoming RunDisney DISMeets Thread

@Keels now that plans are in place please add me (+1) to the HH meet-up post 10K marathon weekend. In addition although we won't make the whole DATW the 8th we'll plan on meeting up in one country or another that day.

Event-Icons-WDW_200x200.png

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
** FULL INFORMATION INCLUDING MAPS HERE!!!**

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 4-5 am and POST - until 7am (FYI the buses do not start running back to the hotels until ~7am)
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @Pluto0809, @missjackiemcg, @baxter24, @michigandergirl

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:30-4:30 am and POST - until 7am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy +1, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Simba's Girl +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @missjackiemcg, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @DVCFan1994

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 8:30am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @NurseRunner, @canglim52

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 12pm; POST-POST - until they kick us out of the parking lot
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below); POST-POST - table outside the parking lot beer truck
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger; POST-POST Meet-Up: @Keels & @FFigawi
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279 , @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @JClimacus, @sourire, @Mimsy Borogove, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @canglim52, @DVCFan1994

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Half Marathon Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: 2 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi & @Keels
More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @courtneybeth +1, @FelisLachesis +1, @Anisum +1, @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama (?), @mrsg00fy, @drummerwife +1, @jmasgat , @BikeFan, @Dis5150, @TeeterTots +1, @PCFriar80, @sourire, @Nole95 +1, @michigandergirl

Official 2018 "Drinking Around the World"
Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 8
Meet-Up Time: 11:30 a.m.
Meet-Up Location: Beer Cart at Canada (Which is dumb, because EVERYONE knows you start in Mexico, but it's not my meet-up so ... #RespectYourElders)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi
More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress ...
Attendees: @Keels, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @mrsg00fy, @croach, Princess KP, @Dis5150 +1

@Keels please put me down for the four race pre-meets. I will be +1 for the 5K as I am running with my daughter. This is so organized!

It appears as though I'm going to be out and about at the parks on the 5th and may be able to skip out for a while and hit the meetup at HH. This far out it's hard to tell whether my social anxiety will get the better of me, but you can put me down (in pencil). I'd love to meet everyone but I'm not good at things like interacting with people, talking to people, functioning like a normal human being, etc. so I can't be 100% sure I won't flake out.

It appears as though I'm going to be out and about at the parks on the 5th and may be able to skip out for a while and hit the meetup at HH. This far out it's hard to tell whether my social anxiety will get the better of me, but you can put me down (in pencil). I'd love to meet everyone but I'm not good at things like interacting with people, talking to people, functioning like a normal human being, etc. so I can't be 100% sure I won't flake out.

OMG - YAY!!!!!!!!!! Please come say Hi - and if you want, I'll make small talk for you so you just have to sit there and try to remember who everyone is!!

OK!! I think I've got everyone RSVP'd for Marathon Weekend meets ... PLEASE check and make sure to see if I'm missing anyone! Since there are so many of us, the RSVP list will be important to tag or message everyone if there are changes, updates, etc.

******* FOR MARATHON WEEKEND EVENTS HOSTED BY @Keels & @FFigawi *******

If you are planning to attend either the Hurricane Hannah's Happy Hour (man, I love alliteration!) on Friday afternoon or DAWT on Monday - or are even THINKING about attending, I encourage you to RSVP! If you don't show? No biggie.

I'm bringing some gifties - buttons to represent your "Resort Squad" according to @rteetz's spreadsheet on the Marathon Weekend Thread to the HHHH and personalized "Official DIS DATW" Lanyards for the Monday DATW and I'd rather have leftovers than not enough.

OK!! I think I've got everyone RSVP'd for Marathon Weekend meets ... PLEASE check and make sure to see if I'm missing anyone! Since there are so many of us, the RSVP list will be important to tag or message everyone if there are changes, updates, etc.

******* FOR MARATHON WEEKEND EVENTS HOSTED BY @Keels & @FFigawi *******

If you are planning to attend either the Hurricane Hannah's Happy Hour (man, I love alliteration!) on Friday afternoon or DAWT on Monday - or are even THINKING about attending, I encourage you to RSVP! If you don't show? No biggie.

I'm bringing some gifties - buttons to represent your "Resort Squad" according to @rteetz's spreadsheet on the Marathon Weekend Thread to the HHHH and personalized "Official DIS DATW" Lanyards for the Monday DATW and I'd rather have leftovers than not enough.
You can add me. Looks like I will be in Epcot that day so I could very well make my way over to Hurricane Hannah's. Hopefully I do.

OK, you got me with that alliteration!!! :) I really wanted to come, but wasn't sure if I should as it's my first runDisney event and I don't want to feel like a party crasher. BUT, I think it sounds like so much fun and will really try to make it for the Happy Hour!!! plus 1, my husband, if that's OK.

Thanks, @Keels!!

@Keels you can put me down a maybe for Hannahs meetup. Not sure I will be able to get there in time since I'm arriving that day but I'm going to try. Thanks!

Last edited:
I’m RSVP-ing for the post 5k meet-up. I will also swing by The HH meet-up on the 5th, but I’m going to be beyond fashionably late because my Frozen fast-pass is from 2:15-3:15.

@Keels okay, so put me down for the pre 5k and pre 10k meet up (I'll be doing Race Retreat for the half and full). I've just realised I have no plans on Monday, so depending on how I feel post-Dopey, I could be up for the DATW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter