Official Upcoming RunDisney DISMeets Thread

DW and I are already in for Hurricane Hannahs on Friday.

You can put us down for the pre-race meetups as well. I’m sure we’ll be able to make a couple of them.

When I’m back home and can post from my laptop, I’ll hange the title of this to reflect the RR request!

Put me down for all the Pre-Race meet ups. I'm running all but the half solo so it'll be nice to have people to talk to while we wait...

I'm not great at meeting new people so hopefully I won't chicken out!

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Half Marathon Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: 2 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi & @Keels
More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @courtneybeth +1, @FelisLachesis +1, @Anisum +1, @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama (?), @mrsg00fy, @drummerwife +1, @jmasgat , @BikeFan, @Dis5150, @TeeterTots +1, @PCFriar80, @sourire, @Nole95 +1, @michigandergirl, @Simba's Girl +1, @Barca33Runner, @rteetz

I can't remember if I RSVPed for Hurricane Hanna's, but I thought I did....then I got nervous because I didn't see my name listed, so I figured I better confirm again just in case! :) In fact, we were tentative attendees but I double checked our plans and this will work perfectly for us because we're heading to Epcot that evening!!

@Keels Add me to your list for the HH meet. If buses are timely I should make the pre race meet ups. Also for Monday I will volunteer to be the designated walker for everyone. :lmao: looking forward to this weekend. Been rather busy so have not been on the boards as much as I would like to.

Thank you so much for organizing the Marathon weekend meetups @Keels, @FFigawi and @DopeyBadger! Even though I don't post much on the boards, I've learned so much from everyone here and am excited for my first Dopey challenge. I'm pretty shy in person, but I will try to make most of the pre-race meet ups, with the exception of Marathon day since I have race retreat. Also, if I move some Hollywood Studios fastpasses around, I can probably make the Hurricane Hannah's happy hour so I will RSVP as tentative.

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 12pm; POST-POST - until they kick us out of the parking lot
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below); POST-POST - table outside the parking lot beer truck
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger; POST-POST Meet-Up: @Keels & @FFigawi
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279 , @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @JClimacus, @sourire, @Mimsy Borogove, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @canglim52, @DVCFan1994,@Dopey Devon, @Dopeyintraining +2, @KSellers88, @Baloo in MI

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Official 2018 "Drinking Around the World"
Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 8
Meet-Up Time: 11:30 a.m.
Meet-Up Location: Beer Cart at Canada (Which is dumb, because EVERYONE knows you start in Mexico, but it's not my meet-up so ... #RespectYourElders)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi
More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress ...
Attendees: @Keels, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @mrsg00fy, @croach, Princess KP, @Dis5150 +1

I'm going to try to make it to both the pre-race marathon meet and the DATW meet up. :)

Event-Icons-WDW_200x200.png

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
** FULL INFORMATION INCLUDING MAPS HERE!!!**

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 4-5 am and POST - until 7am (FYI the buses do not start running back to the hotels until ~7am)
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @Pluto0809, @missjackiemcg, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @Dopey Devon, @Dopeyintraining, @Baloo in MI +1

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:30-4:30 am and POST - until 7am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy +1, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Simba's Girl +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @missjackiemcg, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @DVCFan1994, @Dopey Devon, @Dopeyintraining +1, @Baloo in MI

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 8:30am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @NurseRunner, @canglim52, @Dopey Devon, @rootbeerkid, @Baloo in MI

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 12pm; POST-POST - until they kick us out of the parking lot
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below); POST-POST - table outside the parking lot beer truck
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger; POST-POST Meet-Up: @Keels & @FFigawi
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279 , @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @JClimacus, @sourire, @Mimsy Borogove, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @canglim52, @DVCFan1994,@Dopey Devon, @Dopeyintraining +2, @KSellers88, @Baloo in MI

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Half Marathon Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: 2 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi & @Keels
More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @courtneybeth +1, @FelisLachesis +1, @Anisum +1, @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama (?), @mrsg00fy, @drummerwife +1, @jmasgat , @BikeFan, @Dis5150, @TeeterTots +1, @PCFriar80, @sourire, @Nole95 +1, @michigandergirl, @Simba's Girl +1, @Barca33Runner, @rteetz

Official 2018 "Drinking Around the World"
Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 8
Meet-Up Time: 11:30 a.m.
Meet-Up Location: Beer Cart at Canada (Which is dumb, because EVERYONE knows you start in Mexico, but it's not my meet-up so ... #RespectYourElders)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi
More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress ...
Attendees: @Keels, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @mrsg00fy, @croach, Princess KP, @Dis5150 +1
I will do my best to find everybody at the pre race (marathon) meetup! Post race depends on how I feel. If I’m not hobbling or too late I’ll try to find everybody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter