Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I was watching a Disney Food Blog video for Food and Wine and now I'm thoroughly frightened of the weekend crowds at Epcot. Glad I extended my stay to include Monday.
These are pictures from Tuesday in 2016 after the race (so not Monday but probably similar) starting at right before 11:00am to around 2:00pm. The first picture was the Chew booth that didn't open on time so that line grew & sucked, but other lines were either really short or nonexistant even or even if there was a line they moved pretty fast, Just thought I'd share :) to say Monday I bet won't be as bad as the video you saw!
View attachment 254217

Attachments

• nov20161429.jpg
    nov20161429.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
These are pictures from Tuesday in 2016 after the race (so not Monday but probably similar) starting at right before 11:00am to around 2:00pm. The first picture was the Chew booth that didn't open on time so that line grew & sucked, but other lines were either really short or nonexistant even or even if there was a line they moved pretty fast, Just thought I'd share :) to say Monday I bet won't be as bad as the video you saw!
View attachment 254217

Thanks for the pics. I'm looking forward to see how it's all set up. Guessing it's similar to Flower and Garden booths. Which reminds me of another reason to skip Saturday night - sloppy drunk people. It was kind of disappointing to see so many way too intoxicated people wondering World Showcase(don't @ me). :)

Yeah - it's really similar to Flower & Garden, except more booths. Like I wanna say twice as many? This year was my only Flower & Garden experience and we didn't hang much because it was so dang hot, so I can't really give a true comparison.

But yeah - Saturday night is kind of an all-in or bail type of deal.

Saturdays are ok if you get there at 11AM and finish by 1PM.

While I'll eat dinner on Saturday in EPCOT - I go in and leave.

I also find that if you go in knowing a place is going to be crowded (i.e. Friday and Saturday Nights at EPCOT) - you are less disappointed about it.

<- Resident F&W Expert (I've been going since year 1 - only missing a couple years in High School and my Freshman Year of college)

I arrive on Halloween so we are going to do the party at MK that night (no park ticket that day) and then Wed do Epcot & F&W for morning and lunch (y'all have convinced me that's a good idea.) Check out Pandora at night.
And then we've done all the non-race things I desperately wanted to get done prior to Expo day. I think that's what I've settled on.
Thursday we'll do more MK and expo
Race days we'll play by ear...save for some fun brunch reservations :)
I'm thinking about doing a Minnie Van the morning after the 10k to get us from WL to the Rapunzel breakfast at the Boardwalk.

Now WHERE ARE MY MEDALS!!!!

Saturdays are ok if you get there at 11AM and finish by 1PM.

While I'll eat dinner on Saturday in EPCOT - I go in and leave.

I also find that if you go in knowing a place is going to be crowded (i.e. Friday and Saturday Nights at EPCOT) - you are less disappointed about it.

<- Resident F&W Expert (I've been going since year 1 - only missing a couple years in High School and my Freshman Year of college)

Remind me to bug you as we get closer about any "can't miss" items :)
Unless you already have opinions on this year's menu.

Yeah - it's really similar to Flower & Garden, except more booths. Like I wanna say twice as many? This year was my only Flower & Garden experience and we didn't hang much because it was so dang hot, so I can't really give a true comparison.

But yeah - Saturday night is kind of an all-in or bail type of deal.

Yeah I'm not anti-having a good time(I'm looking forward to some of the adult beverage selections). Just kind of sad to see people passed out and stumbling around a theme park. But like you guys said - Saturday night so you know what you're getting. Heck Disney courts the crowd so can't complain too much.

I arrive on Halloween so we are going to do the party at MK that night (no park ticket that day) and then Wed do Epcot & F&W for morning and lunch (y'all have convinced me that's a good idea.) Check out Pandora at night.
And then we've done all the non-race things I desperately wanted to get done prior to Expo day. I think that's what I've settled on.
Thursday we'll do more MK and expo
Race days we'll play by ear...save for some fun brunch reservations :)
I'm thinking about doing a Minnie Van the morning after the 10k to get us from WL to the Rapunzel breakfast at the Boardwalk.

Now WHERE ARE MY MEDALS!!!!

That sounds like some good planning. I wish I was there in time for a Halloween party. They sound like fun.

Yeah I'm not anti-having a good time(I'm looking forward to some of the adult beverage selections). Just kind of sad to see people passed out and stumbling around a theme park. But like you guys said - Saturday night so you know what you're getting. Heck Disney courts the crowd so can't complain too much.

That sounds like some good planning. I wish I was there in time for a Halloween party. They sound like fun.

The Halloween party is soooooo expensive compared to even the next day or earlier in the season. But my daughter's 5th birthday is actual Halloween so I just had to! :)

Remind me to bug you as we get closer about any "can't miss" items :)
Unless you already have opinions on this year's menu.

I went to the Tables in Wonderland Preview on the 15th - the best new item was definitely the Corned Beef w/ Crisp Potatoes and Blonde Ale Cheese Sauce...I totally ate 3 of those. I haven't gone through the returning items yet.

I'm @Dis_Yoda's Second in Command ... every year from 1999 to 2017, only missing 2003 & 2004.

I think 2003/2004 are the years I missed too! I think I missed 2001 as well.

If y'all are in command of this ship, then I'm like a junior scout. I went one time and still think about the beef skewer from Patagonia.

That is a good skewer! I personally crave the Onion Tart from the Flower & Garden Festival regularly. I know I could make something similar at home but I'm lazy.

First stop is always France for escargot. ALWAYS. Also, a slush. Because ... well, duh.

You can keep the escargot ;) That duck dish they had last year though was yum! I love the slush!

If y'all are in command of this ship, then I'm like a junior scout. I went one time and still think about the beef skewer from Patagonia.

I like to go with Wildnerness Explorer earning our Eat and Drink all the things badge. Caw Caw Rawr. :)

You can keep the escargot ;) That duck dish they had last year though was yum! I love the slush!

I don't eat any cooked fish - so you can have all that!

That duck was DREAMY. I love all duck, honestly. My favorite Orlando restaurant Dexter's does a pressed duck and brie sandwich that is TO. DIE. FOR.

I went to the Tables in Wonderland Preview on the 15th - the best new item was definitely the Corned Beef w/ Crisp Potatoes and Blonde Ale Cheese Sauce...I totally ate 3 of those. I haven't gone through the returning items yet.

I think 2003/2004 are the years I missed too! I think I missed 2001 as well.

That is a good skewer! I personally crave the Onion Tart from the Flower & Garden Festival regularly. I know I could make something similar at home but I'm lazy.

Did you happen to try the cheese dip with bread in ireland...that perked my ears up when I read about it.
Ok, so I'm for sure trying your rec.

I like to go with Wildnerness Explorer earning our Eat and Drink all the things badge. Caw Caw Rawr. :)
il_570xN.315768326.jpg

This year was my only Flower & Garden experience and we didn't hang much because it was so dang hot,
I am trying to understand how weather will feel at the beginning of November during the runs... Stats don't really help. I am used to cooler climate at home. I usually go to WDW in August and have gone once mid-April to the Flower and Garden.

Would you say that typically November is cooler and less humid than April?

And I am now really looking forward to the After-race party to discover Wine and Dine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts