Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Ok, I have be warned. I'll be in Florida in August this year and will need to keep training for the WnD challenge... If I survive August, November should be a breeze :rolleyes2
Great question! As a child I was there during February break and I remember wearing winter coats! I was most recently there in July 2014 and December 2015 and it was hot both times. Hoping for some nice and cool weather in november but will plan on running easy to not pass out.

I went one time and still think about the beef skewer from Patagonia.

That beef skewer is freaking amazing!

First stop is always France for escargot. ALWAYS. Also, a slush. Because ... well, duh.

No escargot for me, but I'll take an extra slush in it's place! Slushies are life!

I went to the Tables in Wonderland Preview on the 15th - the best new item was definitely the Corned Beef w/ Crisp Potatoes and Blonde Ale Cheese Sauce...I totally ate 3 of those. I haven't gone through the returning items yet.

How does it compare to the Corned Beef dish at Flower & Garden? I really enjoyed that one so my interest is definitely peeked.

I like your thinking ... I'm working on these lanyards for the meet-up, but maybe I need to change the wording a bit:

View attachment 254234

So fun!

Chances of being able to book ANYTHING this morning are low. Everything is coming back as unavailable. I'm call foul on WDW IT!

I didn't have the Corned Beef dish at Flower & Garden (I had too many burnt end hashes and onion tarts! ) But can you really go wrong with potato chip nachos?

You have a good point my friend! ;) The one at F&G was delish, as was the blood orange cider. I kind of think corned beef is golden too so I have this on my list for F&W!

Chances of being able to book ANYTHING this morning are low. Everything is coming back as unavailable. I'm call foul on WDW IT!

This happens a lot. I remember one year I had to make like 10 different calls over the course of the day to get everything I wanted.

I"m sorry for the frustration you all have!

November can be the exactly the same as August!

Yeah I feel like all the times I have been in November, especially early November it’s it or miss. Can be hot still and more commonly cooler but still gets pretty warm.

More of a reason to beat the sunrise to the finish

Hubs and I just got the last two challenge bibs (at a discount, I might add... yay me) with one of the travel groups. Unexpected November trip coming up, in the middle of marathon training anyway, might as well come home with some amazing bling! Now, I'm ready to see the medals and course (HA!)... any chance we get Pandora? hmmmm

I am trying to understand how weather will feel at the beginning of November during the runs... Stats don't really help. I am used to cooler climate at home. I usually go to WDW in August and have gone once mid-April to the Flower and Garden.

Would you say that typically November is cooler and less humid than April?

Ok, I have be warned. I'll be in Florida in August this year and will need to keep training for the WnD challenge... If I survive August, November should be a breeze :rolleyes2

Central Floridian here: April and early Nov. are generally very similar and both are definitely better than August. Cold fronts can and do happen in early Nov., so that's always a possibility, but generally we're looking at highs in the mid-80s, overnight lows (race start time) in the 60s. Compared to Aug. where lows never drop below mid-70s and highs are in the high-90s with heat indexes well over 100.

I was able to swap over my reservation to a magic holiday's one. Not much of a discount but saved 50 dollars, so I'll take it! That'll go straight to my food & wine budget. Anyone know if I'll be able to use my time from the 10k as POT for the Princess 1/2 marathon? They said november but I'm not sure there was a specific date.

I was able to swap over my reservation to a magic holiday's one. Not much of a discount but saved 50 dollars, so I'll take it! That'll go straight to my food & wine budget. Anyone know if I'll be able to use my time from the 10k as POT for the Princess 1/2 marathon? They said november but I'm not sure there was a specific date.

Yay for saving some cash! As long as you can submit it before the POT date then you can use it. I don't know what the Princess date is this year since I'm not running. :(

YES YOU CAN! Just make sure you submit it right away since the cutoff comes up pretty soon after W&D race weekend.
From rundisney page...
  • If proof of time is not provided by November 14, 2017, data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral.

And speaking of the magic holiday discounts, I came up with nada. I posted in the discount resort thread, but back when I booked our hotel for this trip I almost booked Beach Club at a price that felt a little higher than I wanted. But decided to try out WL because it was in line with what I wanted to pay for a deluxe for this trip. And then I was gonna switch (or keep WL) with a Fall discount. Well, no luck unless I upgraded my room category by A LOT. So now I'm just thinking of it like I got my Fall discount by booking WL to begin with. Justification!
Figures that although I'm bombarded with discount codes all the time for the wrong time of year, my time comes around and the pickings are sparse.

YES YOU CAN! Just make sure you submit it right away since the cutoff comes up pretty soon after W&D race weekend.
From rundisney page...
  • If proof of time is not provided by November 14, 2017, data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral.
Thank you! I'll submit as soon as I get home! I signed up for a local 10k (Cow Harbor) in September just in case.

Last edited:
And speaking of the magic holiday discounts, I came up with nada. I posted in the discount resort thread, but back when I booked our hotel for this trip I almost booked Beach Club at a price that felt a little higher than I wanted. But decided to try out WL because it was in line with what I wanted to pay for a deluxe for this trip. And then I was gonna switch (or keep WL) with a Fall discount. Well, no luck unless I upgraded my room category by A LOT. So now I'm just thinking of it like I got my Fall discount by booking WL to begin with. Justification!
Figures that although I'm bombarded with discount codes all the time for the wrong time of year, my time comes around and the pickings are sparse.

I waited too long to apply the discount and ended up switching my first hotel (Pop to ASMusic) to save over $100 for 3 night. My second resort is POR and we were only able to save 50 total. Not what I was looking for but it'll make do. That'll pay for the Rivers of Lights dining package at Tiffins. Would have upgraded to a deluxe if the price was right but there was next to nothing left that I liked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter