Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Welcome to running the right coast!

Much like Disneyland is more consolidated than Walt Disney World, the runDisney events follow similar use of space. Whereas DLR races have security, bag check and runner staging in one small area with a short walk to the corrals, WDW takes "advantage" of their space and has a long trek (think a mile at minimum) from security until your corral.

If they use the Magic Kingdom parking lot for the start like SWDS, I seem to remember that everything was more "packed" together. Still plenty of space but you don't have that long walk from the Epcot parking lot to the corrals. It was nice to not make the trek in the dark. :)

@jeanigor Also make sure to budget a little more time for the expo than you would at DL. Mostly for transportation to and from the expo (as opposed to the short walk at DL) and also its a bit more spread out amongst multiple building at Espn WWOS.

We've done AllStar Sports several times. I like the hoops section be we are close to the parking lot and the surfs up pool. The race transportation is on the right side of the building if you're facing the front of the resort. The buses line up in the turnaround just before the lobby awning entrance. We did the football section as well, and it was considered preferred on the end towards the lobby. But hoops is quiet and on the right side of the resort for runners. Let me know if any other thoughts!

It seems that during race weekends, most areas are quiet past 9:00. I have stayed at All star sports (acutally tried to shorten it until I came up as a bad word) multiple times for races and the only time I had issue was when I was on the bottom floor facing in toward the "football field" so I always request one facing out. The perk of staying at this one is that its the first stop. During the dopey 2 years ago, I stayed at movies and it took forever for buses to get to us as they were all stopping at sports, then music, then us... so by the time it got to us, there were almost no available seats.... Last year though it seemed they did better at breaking the all starts up and sending extra buses for the resort specific location as I was able to get right on and off. :)

Welcome to running the right coast!

Hahaha, we will see about that. ;)

Thanks everyone. I don't think I can wrap my head around the distances between all the parks, and my husband was not happy to hear we have to get up earlier than we are used to for DLRs. but I am super excited for this trip and this race. Now if only I can stick to my training plan.....

Hi, I'm Jenna. First time posting on here. First time going to WDW. Doing the Lumiere Challenge. Getting my Coast to Coast. I've only ever done runs at Disneyland. Aside from having to get up what seems like soooooo much earlier to make it on time, is there anything important I should know?
Read the official race weekend guide when it comes out. Then read it again! It really has a TON of important info in it and will help you figure out all the intricacies of race weekend. :thumbsup2

How busy can we expect the Expo to be on the Thursday? Around noon?
With the expo opening at 10am, 12 might not be too bad. Not empty - probably plenty busy - but better than at opening.

I noticed they have dates on the November calendar for ROL dining package but when I try to make a reservation nothing is available or it says call Disney Dining. Any one tried to make reservations for this yet?

I noticed they have dates on the November calendar for ROL dining package but when I try to make a reservation nothing is available or it says call Disney Dining. Any one tried to make reservations for this yet?

Disney Dining has been running about a day or two behind in being able to book specialty dining packages like this - the calendar will show the dates as blue and available, but when you go to make a reservation it will say to contact Disney Dining. You might try again tomorrow if the dates just showed up today.

Also, they've been tweaking park hours at Animal Kingdom in the past week (pushing closing back an hour or two), so I imagine that has some impact as well.

Disney Dining has been running about a day or two behind in being able to book specialty dining packages like this - the calendar will show the dates as blue and available, but when you go to make a reservation it will say to contact Disney Dining. You might try again tomorrow if the dates just showed up today.

Also, they've been tweaking park hours at Animal Kingdom in the past week (pushing closing back an hour or two), so I imagine that has some impact as well.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Hello All! Hope everyone is well and getting their training in. Seems the run is right around the corner. Because of work I haven't been able to keep up to date on the forums so I apologize if I am asking something someone already shared but as I crazily just signed up for the challenge (switched from just the half to the challenge) I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the corrals for the 10k from last year by chance. I can find the corrals for the half but since I have a meeting at 9am the morning of the 10k I'm trying to see when I might actual start. As long as I can start before or on 630 at the latest I'll be fine so just wondering. TIA!

Hello All! Hope everyone is well and getting their training in. Seems the run is right around the corner. Because of work I haven't been able to keep up to date on the forums so I apologize if I am asking something someone already shared but as I crazily just signed up for the challenge (switched from just the half to the challenge) I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the corrals for the 10k from last year by chance. I can find the corrals for the half but since I have a meeting at 9am the morning of the 10k I'm trying to see when I might actual start. As long as I can start before or on 630 at the latest I'll be fine so just wondering. TIA!
Sorry - they don't post 5K or 10K corral breakdowns, so there isn't one to share. The race starts at 5:30am and it generally takes about an hour to get all the corrals through the start, so figure the very last corral starts around 6:30. It's always possible to have delays for a variety of reasons, but it's probably safe to assume you'll start by 6:30.

Sorry - they don't post 5K or 10K corral breakdowns, so there isn't one to share. The race starts at 5:30am and it generally takes about an hour to get all the corrals through the start, so figure the very last corral starts around 6:30. It's always possible to have delays for a variety of reasons, but it's probably safe to assume you'll start by 6:30.

Thanks! That explains why I can find past 10k corrals for Jan, Feb and May (the Tink) but nothing else :) I used my time from my 2016 Princess 10K for the half registration so hopefully I'm not in the last corral :)

2 years ago, I signed up for one of the 10k's super late and was in the last corral... I was home (I live an hour from disney) by 9:15

So now you have me questioning my finish time :P I am going to have to go stalk run disney for something other than races opening!!! LOL but I am sure you will be fine on time :)

I'm sure you are right. I just went and looked and even with my 2nd ever 10K at the Princess run I took an hour and 26 mins and finished at 8:26am. And for some reason I'm remembering a start time of 630am vs 530am. And I'm confident I didn't have to wait an hour and half to start :D And that was with no PoT so was in the last corral.

I crazily just signed up for the challenge (switched from just the half to the challenge) I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the corrals for the 10k from last year by chance. I can find the corrals for the half but since I have a meeting at 9am the morning of the 10k I'm trying to see when I might actual start. As long as I can start before or on 630 at the latest I'll be fine so just wondering. TIA!

2 years ago, I signed up for one of the 10k's super late and was in the last corral... I was home (I live an hour from disney) by 9:15

And that was with no PoT so was in the last corral.

I signed up for 2016 Avengers after the PoT date had passed. I entered my PoT anyway. It still landed me in the later corrals, not where my PoT should have placed me. Your mileage may vary.

Is there a breakdown from last years race of the corals? Hearing the POT vs no POT is making me nervous. Just kind of curious where I'll be with an 11:30/12 minute pace.

Is there a breakdown from last years race of the corals? Hearing the POT vs no POT is making me nervous. Just kind of curious where I'll be with an 11:30/12 minute pace.

img_6903.jpg

img_3578.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!