Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

FYI -- Everything is back open as of this morning. 5k, 10k & Half say sold out but once you go to register they are open.

Thank You! I just registered my daughter for the 10K. Credit card went through, and her registration appears along side my registration in runDisney "Your Registrations". Now just have to get the email confirmation.

Update..When I first registered 20 minutes ago, the 10K said sold out so I clicked on the 2 course challenge and then selected the 10K. As of a couple of minutes ago, the 10K does not say sold out and you can just click on the 10K directly. Still shows the half as sold out, but you can get to it by clicking on another distance. Clear as mud??

Last edited:
I feel like last year we knew the themes for each race around this time. Am I way off? I probably am....

But I seem to remember registering for the 5k after learning it was Lady and the Tramp.
Yes and the years before that.... I believe with rivals run registration was in the summer but the rivalries/themes didn’t come out till later

Waited too long to commit to the half. Bummer. And bigger bummer for my friends who now have to split their resort room 3 ways instead of 4. Oops
All events are showing availability tonight. Thought I’d cancel my package for pofq and book direct and use my dvc. Unfortunately dvc is completely sold out. Ah well. Pofq it is.

Managed to register 4 people for the 5k!

EDIT: OK, it seems they're having second thoughts and may prefer the 10k instead. Anyone ever switched races (assuming there's availability)?

EDIT2: Looks like it's not allowed?

"
  • Registrations may be transferred within the same race weekend to a different race distance, as long as the desired race distance is not sold out. Transfers are not allowed for 5Ks and runDisney Kids Races.The Guest must first register for the new event for the transfer to be valid; any difference in registration price for a lesser distance (if any) will be refunded and then a transfer processing fee will be applied."

Last edited:
Excited to run my first half here! Newbie question...what ya wearin'? I know there's a ton of time, but I'm already stocking up on my potentially outfits for running. I want comfort and breathability but also Disney-theme. There's 2 of us running so wanna do a pair of characters and also wine and dine theme....

Looks like the 5k is sold out again.

Currently the event page is showing the 5k available, but when you click through it’s sold out.

When might the medals be released? Dd got her birthday present of the challenge today and she’s anxious to see the medals!

Last year’s was released August 9th
2017 on August 7th
Facebook keeps crashing before I can get it to scroll back to check on 2016
Thanks! I’ll tell her she has a bit of a wait. She’s very happy about her birthday gift and thrilled to be going.

Looks like both 5k and 10k are sold out again. Does anyone have experience with them becoming available again?

thanks.

Looks like both 5k and 10k are sold out again. Does anyone have experience with them becoming available again?

thanks.
I was surprised they came back as it was. I don't expect them to open again however keep watching as they might. Safest bet is charity or TA though.

I keep going back and forth on this race. It's the anniversary year and I'm convinced that it will be Princess & the Frog themed which makes me want to do it... but I've already done all the races at Princess this year AND I'm doing the DLP half to get the Chateau to Castle challenge medal. The grown up part of me is saying that's enough but the runner in me is thinking... WHAT IF TIANA IS ON THE MEDAL!?!?!?

Personal thoughts? Do you all think that it will be Tiana this year? :hyper2:

I keep going back and forth on this race. It's the anniversary year and I'm convinced that it will be Princess & the Frog themed which makes me want to do it... but I've already done all the races at Princess this year AND I'm doing the DLP half to get the Chateau to Castle challenge medal. The grown up part of me is saying that's enough but the runner in me is thinking... WHAT IF TIANA IS ON THE MEDAL!?!?!?

Ever since Tiana wasn’t on a princess medal I’ve thought there is a strong chance she’ll be on a W&D medal both cause it’s not only the 10th anniversary of the half but PatF as well plus there are ties to food in the movie

The first three W&D medals looked like Spaceship Earth. The next six had some variation of Chef Mickey. I tend to lean toward thinking they are going to keep Chef Mickey on the medal.

The 10K or the Challenge medal might well have Tiana though.

Excited to run my first half here! Newbie question...what ya wearin'? I know there's a ton of time, but I'm already stocking up on my potentially outfits for running. I want comfort and breathability but also Disney-theme. There's 2 of us running so wanna do a pair of characters and also wine and dine theme....
I always do a tank and skirt and theme it to a character or ride. I try to put a cleaver quote on the back. I'll come up with something Disney food inspired. Chef any character always goes over well for this weekend.

Some people do elaborate costumes but I like comfort as well as style and tend to build my outfits with off the rack active pieces
10k 2016: I was Princess Ana and had a top from champion + a skort/tank/headband from kohl’s all off the rack
10k 2017: I was Rapunzel with a top from champion embellished with ribbon + home made ‘sparkle’ skort and headband
10k 2018: I was Belle with a yellow active top from a women’s boutique where I altered the sleeves and embellished with active fabric and another home made ‘sparkle’ skort and headband

Have a few characters in mind this year already

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter