Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Excited to run my first half here! Newbie question...what ya wearin'? I know there's a ton of time, but I'm already stocking up on my potentially outfits for running. I want comfort and breathability but also Disney-theme. There's 2 of us running so wanna do a pair of characters and also wine and dine theme....

I'm also a newbie and super excited about the costumes. I'm looking at Pinterest a lot. I will do a pair for the 10K and then something solo for the half.

BFF and I were discussing costumes the other day and I think we've got our ideas under wraps. We do have some things to pick up and finalize, but plenty of time to do that! :)

What happens at the after party? Dd is doing the challenge so she has a ticket. My younger daughter and I do not as we are doing the 10k. We have no park tickets for this trip. Does one need park admission to get into the after party or does the ticket cover that? Is it worth buying two more after party tickets.

What happens at the after party? Dd is doing the challenge so she has a ticket. My younger daughter and I do not as we are doing the 10k. We have no park tickets for this trip. Does one need park admission to get into the after party or does the ticket cover that? Is it worth buying two more after party tickets.
It’s basically like EMH at Epcot. Some rides are open, food and drinks, and just runners hanging out. They do have some special meet and greets usually too. The party ticket covers admission.

Interested in your 2 Course Challenge fueling thoughts.

We arrive Friday morning and will hit the expo first thing, or right after dropping bags at the resort. After that we'll likely go to MK to see the Halloween decorations. For the rest of the day we'll probably eat or rest at the resort.

I typically don't do anything special for a 10k. But eating afterward can sometimes be difficult. Marathon weekend 2019 I did the 10k and just didn't feel like eating much afterward. Going into a half marathon I would often have a larger carb meal at lunch time. Not wanting to eat after a 10k and needing to eat to refuel and prep for the half have me thinking what to do. I suppose the easy answer is 'shovel it down and deal with it'....

Any thoughts?

When do they usually release the course maps? I'm curious to see if there will be any changes to the half and maybe a return to previous route for the 10k.

We arrive Friday morning and will hit the expo first thing, or right after dropping bags at the resort. After that we'll likely go to MK to see the Halloween decorations. For the rest of the day we'll probably eat or rest at the resort.

I typically don't do anything special for a 10k. But eating afterward can sometimes be difficult. Marathon weekend 2019 I did the 10k and just didn't feel like eating much afterward. Going into a half marathon I would often have a larger carb meal at lunch time. Not wanting to eat after a 10k and needing to eat to refuel and prep for the half have me thinking what to do. I suppose the easy answer is 'shovel it down and deal with it'....

Any thoughts?
You don't really need to eat ahead of a half marathon. This would, however, become a problem the day before a marathon. For that, I would force myself to snack all day long rather than trying to eat a larger meal.

Any thoughts?
I've had where I don't feel like eating after a race (especially with Florida humidity), but with the half the next day you'll want to "just deal with it" and get something down. You don't need to do huge meals between. I usually bring some snack carb foods I know are easy to eat and run on the next day and then just do quick service pasta or carb type foods versus an ADR.

You don't really need to eat ahead of a half marathon. This would, however, become a problem the day before a marathon. For that, I would force myself to snack all day long rather than trying to eat a larger meal.
I do or I'll be weak if I run a half. I have to eat lunch, dinner and some sort of pre-race breakfast or I'll be running on low energy. I know everyone is different, but I would assume most people need to eat something before the half (especially after doing the 10k)?!?

Also, this year you can enter the park for the party at 5PM. In years past you had to wait till 8PM. Well worth the $85! I will likely skip a general ticket for that day and rest up after the race and get ready for the party to begin at 5!

Also, this year you can enter the park for the party at 5PM. In years past you had to wait till 8PM. Well worth the $85! I will likely skip a general ticket for that day and rest up after the race and get ready for the party to begin at 5!
Yes, this is enticing. Actually a decent deal and I could get a little park fix! I wonder if the ticket would allow fast passes?

I do or I'll be weak if I run a half. I have to eat lunch, dinner and some sort of pre-race breakfast or I'll be running on low energy. I know everyone is different, but I would assume most people need to eat something before the half (especially after doing the 10k)?!?
Sorry - I should have been more specific. What I meant is that you don't really need to focus on eating, as in "carb loading", before a half marathon. Yes, I recommend eating the day before a half marathon. Just eat what you would normally eat on a normal day.

Just registered DH and myself for the 2 course challenge! We just did the Star Wars Half and LOVED it! Can't wait for this event!

I was just looking at the proof of time info and one thing I read said that the race has to be accredited by USATF but another thing on the runDisney website didn’t mention that. Is the POT any timed race ?

Last edited:
I was just looking at the proof of time info and one thing I read said that the race has to be accredited by USATF but another thing on the runDisney website didn’t mention that. Is the POT any timed race ?

At least in the past it didn't need to be USATF certified. Just a chip timed race where results are available online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter