Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

How soon is too soon to think about costuming? I have a vision I could not execute for Marathon weekend and think my odds are not higher now, but am I just going to torture myself making terrible looking tanks?
I had a few ideas pre theme announcement.... post theme announcement my sister and I are fairly certain on our idea and I have a few ideas for the 5K if I don’t just rewear 2017’s Rapunzel outfit

How soon is too soon to think about costuming? I have a vision I could not execute for Marathon weekend and think my odds are not higher now, but am I just going to torture myself making terrible looking tanks?

I started brainstorming possible ideas for costumes as soon as I signed up! Now I think I have narrowed it down to what I want to do and have started just poking around online to see how difficult it will be to find the pieces for it. I'll probably actually start putting together all of the pieces later on in the summer before the school year starts up again and my focus has to go back to teaching.

I'll be running solo in the challenge... I'm not sure if I should costume or not! Also, for some reason food and wine is a pretty hard theme for me.

Maybe I'll just get a colonial outfit and stick with that. What would Paul Revere wear while warning the colonists?

When do they announce next years dates/any guess on when it'll be? Me and my fiancé want to run the 2020 Wine and Dine on our Honeymoon (we met at the last Avengers race) but we don't want to book the weekend of the race for our wedding. Do y'all think October 24 or 31 is more likely to be the weekend of the race? Thanks!!

When do they announce next years dates/any guess on when it'll be? Me and my fiancé want to run the 2020 Wine and Dine on our Honeymoon (we met at the last Avengers race) but we don't want to book the weekend of the race for our wedding. Do y'all think October 24 or 31 is more likely to be the weekend of the race? Thanks!!
Definitely won’t be the 24th. It will either be over Halloween or move back to the following weekend 5-8th.

Definitely won’t be the 24th. It will either be over Halloween or move back to the following weekend 5-8th.

Have they ever done W&D over Halloween weekend? That would be our preference, but that seems like it would be too much going on at once!

UPDATE: Never mind! Just looked it up on Athlinks. The first two years it was at the beginning of October! In 2014 and 2015, Halloween fell on a Friday and Saturday respectively, and the race was held the next weekend. I expect the same for 2020. Bummer.

Last edited:
Have they ever done W&D over Halloween weekend? That would be our preference, but that seems like it would be too much going on at once!
The very first Wine and Dine half was held in early October. That was also the start of Food and Wine. Now Food and Wine starts at the end of August. 5th year of the event was the November 8th weekend. During the first year the 5K was Halloween themed, then went to Christmas theme, and now its Fall themed.

Just hoping the medals are awesome and geared more toward the anniversary than the hosts of each run. But we've got months before finding any of that out.

Hi guys.
Wine&Dine will be my first rundisney event. And my first running outside Brazil.
This year.. Wine&Dine Challenge... Maybe Dopey Challenge in 2021.

One question: Anyone knows if bus transportation will works to go to the run? Or i need to take a uber?
I will stay on All Star Music.
tks!

Hi guys.
Wine&Dine will be my first rundisney event. And my first running outside Brazil.
This year.. Wine&Dine Challenge... Maybe Dopey Challenge in 2021.

One question: Anyone knows if bus transportation will works to go to the run? Or i need to take a uber?
I will stay on All Star Music.
tks!
There are buses from all Star music to the races.

Buses go to and from all resorts for races and expo.
Guests doing race retreat at the marathon weekend can us the monaural to get from EPCOT to MK
Guests staying at MK resorts during wine and dine 10K and half can use the monorail and walk to the start since it begins in the MK parking lot.

its going to be real interesting to see if it’s the 5K course from Rivals Run and the 10k course from Rivals/Last Year with all the announced Epcot construction starting the week after Labor Day along with all the current TTC construction and the fact that the 3 other parks have Extra Extra Magic Hours (especially Studios with its 6am opening)

its going to be real interesting to see if it’s the 5K course from Rivals Run and the 10k course from Rivals/Last Year with all the announced Epcot construction starting the week after Labor Day along with all the current TTC construction and the fact that the 3 other parks have Extra Extra Magic Hours (especially Studios with its 6am opening)

I was just thinking about this! Hopefully if they change the course it will be an upgrade with more park time.

How is training going for everyone? What methods do you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!