Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

That 5k medal shaped like a leaf is neat. Almost like it would be a great design for a race that went through a park with lots of trees.
I'm sure once the parks added extra extra magic hours with DAK opening at 7:00am, Run Disney was told no you have to move it to EPCOT, but designs were probably already in place, oh well, still a cool & different medal with the leaf like you said.

I'm sure once the parks added extra extra magic hours with DAK opening at 7:00am, Run Disney was told no you have to move it to EPCOT, but designs were probably already in place, oh well, still a cool & different medal with the leaf like you said.
That’s my theory what country in actual world Showcase do you think the 5k could of been otherwise?

Our family really likes the medals!! Especially the half and challenge. This will be my son's first half, and he's a huge Donald fan and thinks Three Caballeros is a riot -- he's thrilled! 👍😃

Proof of time question that a friend just asked me that I don't know the answer to...

He had selected that he'd be providing a PoT, but now doesn't have one. Is he better off:
1) changing his registration to the estimated time right before the PoT cutoff,
2) submitting a PoT that's just a little too old for the cutoff, or
3) just leaving in his original anticipated pace WITHOUT a PoT?

How is it handled when someone selects a faster pace and ultimately either doesn't submit a time or submits an older one?

Proof of time question that a friend just asked me that I don't know the answer to...

He had selected that he'd be providing a PoT, but now doesn't have one. Is he better off:
1) changing his registration to the estimated time right before the PoT cutoff,
2) submitting a PoT that's just a little too old for the cutoff, or
3) just leaving in his original anticipated pace WITHOUT a PoT?

How is it handled when someone selects a faster pace and ultimately either doesn't submit a time or submits an older one?

Definitely #1. By doing that your friend will most likely be in the massive corral immediately following those with PoT submissions. Going with either #2 or #3 runs the risk of being dropped into the final corral for not following PoT guidelines. My daughter was in the same situation for the marathon at MW this year. Her half marathon didn't turn out as well as hoped and she didn't have a PoT to enter. I changed her registration to the first time estimate not requiring PoT and she landed in the first corral not requiring proof.

Definitely #1. By doing that your friend will most likely be in the massive corral immediately following those with PoT submissions. Going with either #2 or #3 runs the risk of being dropped into the final corral for not following PoT guidelines. My daughter was in the same situation for the marathon at MW this year. Her half marathon didn't turn out as well as hoped and she didn't have a PoT to enter. I changed her registration to the first time estimate not requiring PoT and she landed in the first corral not requiring proof.
That makes perfect sense -- thanks -- I'll let him know! :)

FYI the 10K, half and challenge all opened back up for a period of time today so if you still are looking just keep checking. They are currently sold out again.

FYI the 10K, half and challenge all opened back up for a period of time today so if you still are looking just keep checking. They are currently sold out again.
giphy.gif

So what kind of costume is everyone wearing?!?
I have simple themed ideas for all 3 races. The 5k might be Jungle Bookish, I have two ideas not sure which I'll go with. My 10k idea is not Frozen themed at all. My Half idea is Epcot themed. Basically though I just wear running clothes with stuff I stick on. I want to make some Mickey ears with designs on them for the Half, but I know I couldn't do a headband so thinking as clips maybe.

So what kind of costume is everyone wearing?!?

I've got an idea of a Woody costume that I'm working on putting together - blue sparkle skirt, yellow tank top with cow print vest on top, badge, red bandana around my neck, and the hair clip hat they sell at Hollywood Studios. It looks really good in my head - I'm hoping it turns out as good in real life.

5k - me, my mom, and my daughter are doing Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
10k - IDK yet.
Half Marathon - me, @rteetz, and I still don't know if we have a third for this are doing the Three Caballeros.
I thought we moved it to the 10K and then the half of drinking around the world shirts or whatever.

I thought we moved it to the 10K and then the half of drinking around the world shirts or whatever.
A) They don't sell the World Showcase skirts anymore.
B) You wouldn't wear a World Showcase skirt with us.
C) I want to be dressed up like Donald when I get my Three Caballeros Challenge Medal.
D) You can do whatever you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter