Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

I found out on Friday that my registrations for the 5k and Challenge had been cancelled by someone- but not by me or my TA! After a few hours on the phone, runDisney let me re-register for free but now I don't have a bib number yet. I'd recommend double checking your account often to make sure nothing has changed!

I found out on Friday that my registrations for the 5k and Challenge had been cancelled by someone- but not by me or my TA! After a few hours on the phone, runDisney let me re-register for free but now I don't have a bib number yet. I'd recommend double checking your account often to make sure nothing has changed!
Like I mentioned earlier I had a registration canceled souring Gaspirilla before but got that felt with swiftly

For this race somehow the birth year of my 10k got changed/entered wrong I’ve sent a message via the support section of the website on Friday and still haven’t received anything
What is the number to call to get it resolved?

What time do we need to be in our corral? This will be my 3rd year yet I don’t remember! Last year I was C and had to jump the gate when I got to it because they were already lining up. This year I’m B so want to make sure I’m there on time!

What time do we need to be in our corral? This will be my 3rd year yet I don’t remember! Last year I was C and had to jump the gate when I got to it because they were already lining up. This year I’m B so want to make sure I’m there on time!
I would say at least 40 minutes before. They start moving those first corrals pretty early.

Corral A for me. Gives me half a chance to make my 0930 ADB at the plaza! Quick thought, don’t know if it’s been mentioned. Plan on getting to your corral quite a bit earlier than the published shutoff. Last year they closed the corrals earlier, forcing people people into lower corrals. This resulted in a lot of people trying to jump the fences and I saw a couple hurt themselves pretty badly. Turn up ten minutes earlier than you originally planned and you won’t have to limp your way around animal kingdom!

I was in E for Princess and there were soooooo many people jumping the fences. Some because the corral had closed and some with later corral assignments who just wanted to start earlier. It was disappointing that the volunteers didn't even say anything to them or try to stop them, they basically just stood there and watched it happen. I saw at least a half dozen people around me in the corral with G or H bibs.

That was a total mess. They eventually stopped the hopping, forcing a bunch of people had to start farther back ... nobody knew the corrals were closing.
I'm hoping for an announcement this time, but not holding my breath.

That was a total mess. They eventually stopped the hopping, forcing a bunch of people had to start farther back ... nobody knew the corrals were closing.
I'm hoping for an announcement this time, but not holding my breath.
They definitely seemed to close them earlier than normal but at the same time Disney always starts moving things earlier than other races. Those in the first couple corrals should get there early. I hated everyone pushing through to try and get to the first corrals last year.

Yeah - it was a pain to see so many people working their way through to get up front, but it was not unique to this race - it seems to happen for all of them now. At least the races on EPcot Center BLVD have the grass median to let those later runners stuck in bathroom lines pass by the corrals to get up front, but I saw many volunteers forcing people back once corral B had advanced into the chute. It is still pretty hit or miss on the volunteers doing anything to those barricade jumpers though. So many people do it in the corrals at MK because the corrals are side by side. I think it is pretty lame, but I'm not going to try and stop anyone. I usually have a snarky comment though.

My outfits are all done, I'm so excited! I'll have ears for two races, but made them as stretchy headbands so hope they work out.

How is everyone else and their race outfits coming along?

My outfits are all done, I'm so excited! I'll have ears for two races, but made them as stretchy headbands so hope they work out.

As usual I am without a costume. I'm very uncreative and waited too long for an etsy seller to make me something custom. Not even bothering to try and piece something together. I'm still working on my daughter's costume for her horse for a 4-H costume contest. That's not going very well.

I'm on the fence about what to wear to the 10K. My Anna costume is my FAVORITE, but I've already worn it to two races. I might re-wear my Rapunzel from Paris, but I'd need to get a new tutu (I ended up hating the one I wore in Paris, it just didn't look good in photos).

I'm almost set for the half. My RBF and I are being provincial Belle (me) and princess Belle (her). I have a blue dress in the mail, already bought a white apron, and am going to Michael's at some point to get a big blue hair bow.

Our MNSSHP costumes are also almost done. I'm being Woody and she's being Buzz.

I'm about halfway there - since the 10K is on the second day of Dia de los Muertos, I had to go with a Miguel costume. So far, my top half is figured out with the tank top and hoodie, but I still need to work on getting my pants and then any accessories/extras. I'd love to do the skeleton face, but I fear that the makeup would run and look a mess by the time I was through with the race.

My "costumes" are all done as well with the exception of me eyeballing a pair of Sparkle athletic shorts. I just can't convince myself to spend $45 on a pair of shorts...that's 22 popcorn bucket refills which is probably how many I'll need for the week we are there. LOL.

Costumes are mostly done. I just have to find a skirt for my Anna costume. I'm using the one I normally wear for my half costume. I was hoping to find a gently used Sparkle Skirt, but haven't had any luck so it looks like I'll be getting something shiny and new.

Costumes are mostly done. I just have to find a skirt for my Anna costume. I'm using the one I normally wear for my half costume. I was hoping to find a gently used Sparkle Skirt, but haven't had any luck so it looks like I'll be getting something shiny and new.
Shiny and new is fun! I sewed a shiny new skirt for the half, it didn't fit at first since it isn't stretchy material and I had to cut it open and add more material.

5K I need to finish my skort then work on my ears/detailing
10K I have a shirt out to get made customized
If the 10K shirt falls through I'll more then likely wear my 5K outfit for the 10K and re-wear my Darkside 2017 10K outfit for the 5K

That is if I'm still running the 10K still haven't heard back about my date of birth issue from RunDisney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter