Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

How is everyone else and their race outfits coming along?

10K is done. I'm doing vintage Minnie.

I think I've finally decided on the Half Marathon. I think I'm going to do Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer. I've ordered my skirt but I need to make my shirt.

Attachments

• 1571112513333.png
    1571112513333.png
    423 KB · Views: 27

My daughter is running as Figment for the 5k, or at least her version of Figment. I had a Nutty Professor-esque costume but I also have a Kermit shirt I was going to wear to the 10k. Since I’ve decided to skip the 10k I’m sort of torn on what I want to wear. Both have sentimental value to me so it may come down to a coin toss. Or, I may just wear my Nutty Professor-ish costume to MNSSHP on the 1st. Decisions, decisions.

How is everyone else and their race outfits coming along?

For the 10k, my Colette costume from Ratatouille is done.

For the half, I'm still debating how indepth I'll go with the costume as it's probably more similar to disneybounding than a costume at the moment. The plan is to be the brocolli from Kitchen Kabaret and I have the glasses and a brocolli hat made. Still debating making/wearing the pink sleeves.

For the 10k, my Colette costume from Ratatouille is done.

For the half, I'm still debating how indepth I'll go with the costume as it's probably more similar to disneybounding than a costume at the moment. The plan is to be the brocolli from Kitchen Kabaret and I have the glasses and a brocolli hat made. Still debating making/wearing the pink sleeves.
Awesome, I love Kitchen Kabaret. I did Eggplant from Kitchen Kabaret a few years ago (not that elaborate though), I had pink arm sleeves but not ruffled at all.

Did anyone get their party ticket today? Mine didn't come but I saw lots of people on FB got theirs.

Did anyone get their party ticket today? Mine didn't come but I saw lots of people on FB got theirs.

No party ticket for me yet in PA. And I still have to find one for my husband at some point. Competition is fierce right now! So if you need to offload one, I’m your girl! Last year they were still available that weekend. I'm hoping they will be too just in case.

Last edited:
DBF and I are doing the 5k as our first Disney race!

We're staying at OKW- would we be better off driving race morning or using Disney buses?

Also, if anyone has post-race party tickets they won't be using, please let me know!

No ticket yet for DH in Northwest PA. We at least have another week before we leave so I'm not stressing just yet...

DBF and I are doing the 5k as our first Disney race!

We're staying at OKW- would we be better off driving race morning or using Disney buses?
I've always taken the buses race morning and been fine, but not from OKW. I would assume it's just as good there as other resorts. The main difference is you have multiple pick up stops at OKW versus just one so I would just double check it is picking up from all stops and not just the main one. They aren't Disney buses but contract buses & drivers.

It's just two weeks away - I'm getting super excited now!

I'm still debating with myself about whether to stop for a lot of photos along the way. This is going to be my first runDisney event in the USA so not entirely sure what to expect and am partly basing my expectations on the DLP half marathon weekend I did a couple of years ago.

I think my plan might be
5K - enjoy it, take as many photos as I can
10K - again enjoy it and take as many photos as I can
Half - attempt to PR and maybe not take too many photos... (This is purely based on the fact that it looks like temperatures in Orlando might be around 65-70 degrees F that weekend, and I usually train and do races in weather that is 80 degrees F and up, so this might be my one chance to run in cooler weather for a while)

I'll see how things go perhaps!

It's just two weeks away - I'm getting super excited now!

I'm still debating with myself about whether to stop for a lot of photos along the way. This is going to be my first runDisney event in the USA so not entirely sure what to expect and am partly basing my expectations on the DLP half marathon weekend I did a couple of years ago.

I think my plan might be
5K - enjoy it, take as many photos as I can
10K - again enjoy it and take as many photos as I can
Half - attempt to PR and maybe not take too many photos... (This is purely based on the fact that it looks like temperatures in Orlando might be around 65-70 degrees F that weekend, and I usually train and do races in weather that is 80 degrees F and up, so this might be my one chance to run in cooler weather for a while)

I'll see how things go perhaps!
Sounds like a great plan! Character lines can get kindof long depending on your corral/pace but do move fast, probably just like in Paris I'm assuming. Have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter