Official Wine & Dine 2018

I've used the 2016 W&D half training plan for 3 halfs including that first W&D. I knew I was doing the mileage I was supposed to but I thought it was odd that everything seemed off a week compared to what everyone else is doing. I finally remembered to compare the plan I use with the one that on the RD site now. The 1st week is the same otherwise they are different until week 10 when they both have 9.5 miles and match the rest of the way. There's more 3 mile runs instead of 4 and instead of it going 8 to 7 to 9.5 it goes 8 to 3 to 9.5. It'll be good to keep in mind that I don't have to do 7 next weekend after how bad 8 was this morning. The run itself wasn't terrible just the after.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Elvis Stitch is on course during at least one race as he was new for Halloween Party and was already spotted as a resort pop up apparently.... gotta collect on the costumes investment I suppose

I wouldn’t be shocked if Elvis Stitch is on course during at least one race as he was new for Halloween Party and was already spotted as a resort pop up apparently.... gotta collect on the costumes investment I suppose
The costume isn’t new they’ve had him out for special events.

The costume isn’t new they’ve had him out for special events.
Yep, he's definitely been around at least since 2011 (I met him on the Princess Half course that year).

Has the course been released? I was looking around and found this.

upload_2018-8-20_10-45-31.png
Couldn't find a date but I was more concerned about the distance. At Star Wars I ended up running over 14 miles from all the passing. At F&W I will be doing a Dead Last Start, so if this distance is correct I may end up running 15 miles?!?!?

View attachment 345127
Couldn't find a date but I was more concerned about the distance. At Star Wars I ended up running over 14 miles from all the passing. At F&W I will be doing a Dead Last Start, co if this distance is correct I may end up running 15 miles?!?!?
No official course yet but it shouldn’t be too different from last years.

View attachment 345127
Couldn't find a date but I was more concerned about the distance. At Star Wars I ended up running over 14 miles from all the passing. At F&W I will be doing a Dead Last Start, so if this distance is correct I may end up running 15 miles?!?!?

Other than not finishing at the IG that looks a lot like the inaugural W&D course:

upload_2018-8-20_12-58-6.png

You can find last yea'rs course here
This is the same course as the 2018 Star Wars 1/2. Which I didn't really care running past the water treatment facility, but I realize it is hard on Disney to shut down public access roads. Also it got a little annoying how many bottle necks they had especially coming out of HS running along the lake. This time I will go with the flow though and not let it bother me.

I don't expect changes for this year. It is entirely possible to log 14 miles in a WDW half
I will add the link to the map I got. I thought maybe it was an older map but when I zoomed in on HS there was the the new Toy Story Land on the map. I know for certain it is not official though.
Yes I know you can run 14 miles....I've done it too. My point was if this is the 2018 F&W course that someone got a hold of then the distance recorded on the map is already 13.6 miles. That makes the race course an extra 1/2 mile. That coupled with the fact that I will probably add 1.5 miles of weaving to that 13.6 buts me into running 2 miles over. Now I will happily do it because it's Disney and I will be having fun. I just think it is odd to have an extra 1/2 mile tacked onto a race.

Also I realize that the whole thing will likely be moot as this is probably not the course they will use. I am with both of you in that I think will use last years course. Though they do change the course from year to year. Anyway here is the link, seems like a legit website and not just some random blogger.

https://www.halfmarathons.net/course-map-disney-wine-dine-half-marathon/

I will add the link to the map I got. I thought maybe it was an older map but when I zoomed in on HS there was the the new Toy Story Land on the map. I know for certain it is not official though.
Yes I know you can run 14 miles....I've done it too. My point was if this is the 2018 F&W course that someone got a hold of then the distance recorded on the map is already 13.6 miles. That makes the race course an extra 1/2 mile. That coupled with the fact that I will probably add 1.5 miles of weaving to that 13.6 buts me into running 2 miles over. Now I will happily do it because it's Disney and I will be having fun. I just think it is odd to have an extra 1/2 mile tacked onto a race.

Also I realize that the whole thing will likely be moot as this is probably not the course they will use. I am with both of you in that I think will use last years course. Though they do change the course from year to year. Anyway here is the link, seems like a legit website and not just some random blogger.

A little reading would tell you that the site is a fake and the course is completely made up. Not that rD doesn't change their mind at times......

IMG_1093.jpg

This is the same course as the 2018 Star Wars 1/2. Which I didn't really care running past the water treatment facility, but I realize it is hard on Disney to shut down public access roads. Also it got a little annoying how many bottle necks they had especially coming out of HS running along the lake. This time I will go with the flow though and not let it bother me.

That site is not kept up to date and their course maps are wrong a lot. I’ve used it to find potential races and that’s about it. They are overlaying a years old W&D course over 2018 google maps. Of course it’s going to be inaccurate. I use the race’s official website for course info.

I stopped by ESPN last weekend and I would be extremely surprised to see the race start there given the amount of road construction. Stranger things have happened though.

Others have commented already but I would fill fairly certain that Disney wouldn’t certify a course that is a 1/2 mile too long. I would also be surprised if it’s not pretty much the same course as last year.

The race through bear lake rd is the best part, the worst is the poohy smell past the water treatment, the second best is running through pandora when it’s dark out. Enjoy!

Yeah, it was an old map, but someone did mention Toy Story Land. It would be cool to run through there, as I haven't seen it yet. And they need to increase park time on all their courses, but that's an ongoing thing for me. :)

Yeah, it was an old map, but someone did mention Toy Story Land. It would be cool to run through there, as I haven't seen it yet. And they need to increase park time on all their courses, but that's an ongoing thing for me. :)
Running through TSL would be awesome, but it would be so congested, at least it would be where I will be running with the giant masses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!