Official Wine & Dine 2018

I suspect corral F will take some time to clear out and the remaining corrals will start a few minutes later than planned. Otherwise, Disney is pretty good at starting each group within the defined spacing/timing. As each corral clears out the next corral is already walking up to the start line. I like the way they have the corrals now. Years ago the corrals were one giant line. Those in the back had to walk 3/4 of a mile just to get to the start line.

UPDATE: I emailed rD today and explained that my assigned bib number seems high in relation to the time I submitted. They acknowledged that there was an issue in the new registration system and I will be placed in corral D. I know that they would have fixed it in a few weeks but I’m glad it was resolved now. Happy with their prompt response.
Great news! Just make sure you have that email saved to show at the expo, just in case.

My first DisneyWorld race and just noticed that the course doesn't go through MK, is that normal?
It is for W&D - it hasn't ever gone through MK. Different races have different routes: Jan half and PHM go through MK, but W&D and SW do not.

For those of you regulars at race weekends, can anyone provide a guess as to what time each corral will actually start for the half marathon? Every race I have done (and this is my first runDisney race) it seems to vary from waves every 30 seconds to waiting minutes between corral starts. Thanks!
I started from near the back (but not the very last wave - I think there were 2 more behind me) of F last year and started at 6:03am.

For those who are new to the Giant Corral, this is something rD has been doing for a couple years now - I believe it began with SWDS 2016. Everyone who selected the first finish time that did not require PoT is lumped into one corral, and that giant corral is set off in a bunch of mini-waves. I've been in the Giant Corral for all of those races and how well it works varies. SWDS 2016 was great: it really spread things out well. Marathon Weekend was not particularly great, and PHM was a total cluster, IMO. W&D wasn't so bad last year: I think the smaller overall number of racers in SW and W&D helps a lot.

But in any case.... I'm very happy my cruddy 10K PoT got me into E this time. :)

Hi All,
Is there a link to the elevation charts for the 10K and Half? I could not find anything for 2018.

Thanks In Advance,
Frank

Hi All,
Is there a link to the elevation charts for the 10K and Half? I could not find anything for 2018.

Thanks In Advance,
Frank
They don't seem to have them on the course maps this year. But there really isn't any elevation - WDW is pretty darned flat. The only "elevation" you'll see are on highway overpasses. I don't really know how to interpret this, but my GPS data from last year's half says, "206' Climb, -236' Descend." I have a little Altitude graph that looks like it ranges from 0' to 90'.

Hi All,

Thanks In Advance,
Frank

Maybe this will help? These are from last year. On and off ramps are the only real “hills”. Small climb inside HS during half.

Edit - I guess the 10k isn’t applicable since it’s a different course this year so I took it off.

02AB3471-6320-4887-B9F2-6A1665A86C9A.png

Attachments

• C708845A-3C49-420E-988C-9ED6FBFAAF65.jpeg
    C708845A-3C49-420E-988C-9ED6FBFAAF65.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks for the elevation help. Another question....My understanding is if I buy a memorymaker pass through MDE (My Disney Experience Account) it will be tied to my account and I will get all of my race photos in there. Is that accurate?

Thanks In Advance,
Frank

Thanks. Since the MDE and the RunDisney site are separate accounts. Is there anything I need to do to link my bib to the memorymaker?

On the tracking app, there is a map that shows elevation. You can drag to any point on the map and it will correlate to the elevation chart.
So far, I can only view the 10k. Guessing that is because it is the first race I am doing. Neat little map that shows it in 2D or 3D, and also lets you view in satellite mode so you can find some landmarks.
https://track.rtrt.me/e/WDW-WD-2018#

Reminder that if you are interested in getting to meet some of your fellow DIS’ers or if you’d just like an excuse for an afternoon drink, we are having a meet up at 2:00 Saturday at Hurricane Hannahs. That’s the pool bar at the Beach Club, but you can access it from the walk way that goes around Crescent Lake. Visit for 10 minutes, visit for hour, visit for as long as you like(at some point you’ll just be there by yourself though). @Keels usually puts these things on and buys the first round, but she’s not going to be there so you’re on your own. Just kidding, in her abscence first drink is on me. Hope to see you there!

F8CABFCC-F493-4C85-8C8D-DED010DA16FE.jpeg

Reminder that if you are interested in getting to meet some of your fellow DIS’ers or if you’d just like an excuse for an afternoon drink, we are having a meet up at 2:00 Saturday at Hurricane Hannahs. That’s the pool bar at the Beach Club, but you can access it from the walk way that goes around Crescent Lake. Visit for 10 minutes, visit for hour, visit for as long as you like(at some point you’ll just be there by yourself though). @Keels usually puts these things on and buys the first round, but she’s not going to be there so you’re on your own. Just kidding, in her abscence first drink is on me. Hope to see you there!

View attachment 358855

:scratchin

oooohhh, our day is packed as we fly in Saturday, and have to hurry to the Expo to get our bibs, but if all of that goes faster than planned we may stop by. Staying at Boardwalk, so it's a short walk to meet up.

For those that have used the Galloway pacers. I see the pace chart above that shows overall pace and the run/walk split time, but is there a breakdown of what the run pace is during the run phase?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter