Official Wine & Dine 2018

Congratulations everyone! party:
I'm enjoying reading all your reports!

I ended up trying the 1/2 and succeeding. After walking around the parks on Saturday, the issue I had been having (hamstring/lower back) was hurting. It hadn't been hurting to just walk (only hurt to run) so this really messed with me. I thought for sure if I tried I'd be bailing out minutes into it, if not seconds. Saturday night I was in the room, sitting on a bag of ice, using Icy Hot all over me and I was just really upset. It finally hit me, if I did try and had to stop right away I'd be ticked off. If I didn't try and never knew how it could have gone, I'd be ticked off. It was a lose/lose there, and best case scenario would be that I could finish. So, when the alarm went off at 2:45 am for some reason I jumped out of bed without thinking about it and just went, albeit totally unprepared. Sitting on the ground while waiting all I could think of was I have no business being here, LOL! Well, I think Disney Magic took over and somehow I managed to run, with some walking, with just manageable pain. It was my worst time for a half, but I was thrilled with it...thrilled that I could do it!

All of our races have been Disney, and Wine and Dine is our favorite. I have been saying next on my list is the venture to Vegas and do the half there, so once I get myself in running shape again that is what I'm looking to, however with W&D fresh in my mind I jut might get sucked back into that. ;)

Congrats!!! My friend ended up not making it for the half due to her foot :( So glad that wasn't you and that you didn't have a miserable time.

Do other race weekend shirts typically have the parks you run thru or is that only on marathon weekend shirts?

Do other race weekend shirts typically have the parks you run thru or is that only on marathon weekend shirts?

In the past all of my I Did It shirts (Princess, W&D and both coasts Star Wars races) have maps on them. And they were all cotton not the tech material.

In the past all of my I Did It shirts (Princess, W&D and both coasts Star Wars races) have maps on them. And they were all cotton not the tech material.

Sorry, didn’t explain myself properly. For marathon weekend, the race shirts they give you have the park icons on the sleeves. I thought for some reason they did this every race weekend?

Sorry, didn’t explain myself properly. For marathon weekend, the race shirts they give you have the park icons on the sleeves. I thought for some reason they did this every race weekend?
Good question. I know they do that with marathon weekend but not sure if that's the norm for others.

Just looking at images online, I don’t see it on last year’s wine and Dine shirts. And Star Wars was short sleeve so probably wouldn’t do it on those.

My post-race weekend fashion. Did something to the tendon in my foot the evening after the 10k (I blame HHHH lol) and now Boot-y and I are going to be good friends for a few weeks. :crutches:

28E328CF-6F2C-49C9-A175-0D2E0C924F1A.jpeg

Oh no! Hope it heals quickly!

Yikes! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Oh no. That stinks. Hope it’s nothing major.

Also you did sign the injury waiver when you got to HH right?

Oh No! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Healing thoughts on the way!

Oh Gosh. That really stinks! I hope you heal quickly!

:sad1: Glad it was AFTER.

Hope it heals quickly...but like your Ariel NB!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! :grouphug:

@Mickey Momma Unfortunately it was after the 10k but before the half. And of course I did the half in pain because I make good decisions! :thumbsup2 Lol

@croach As the official HHHH host, all medical bills will be sent to you. Now to sneak some elective surgery into those bills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!