Official Wine & Dine 2018

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by afan, Nov 15, 2017.

1. RunDisney Crazy

RunDisney Crazy Mouseketeer

And we WAIT. I've got my trip all planned out and it's based on what was supposed to be going down.

I would love a night race, but that would throw a wrench into my already laid out plans for this year. If you're going to make a change, why wait til it's time to register.

I ran the last ToT, at night, awesome. Everyone is awake, jacked up, running through the parks at night, after party til like 330 in the morning, nothing like it. I do like the set up now as well, party the night of, just wish you could
    get into Epcot earlier without a day pass and wish it lasted til 2AM.

So, change to a night race. Make it different, stand out, but just down mess with it this year. Unless,,,,, I can get into the after party at say 4PM......

daisyray4 likes this.
  2. Sean74

Sean74 Earning My Ears

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

No dates showing in the countdown at my end:
    upload_2018-3-13_11-51-50.png

Not everyone - I was falling asleep in my corral! ;) No more night races for me.

5. RunDisney Crazy

RunDisney Crazy Mouseketeer

Interesting story!

Falling asleep?! Do you get to see fireworks?

6. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. RnbwSktles

RnbwSktles DIS Veteran

8. GreatLakes

GreatLakes DIS Veteran

What a terrible article. There is no attribution and they used the term "hacked" incorrectly. If the fraud was perpetrated after the trip and they registered months in advance what makes them think the breach was done on the registration site? The mainstream press just outright sucks at reporting about technology including fraud.

Notice the actual details in a good article about a breech:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/05/credit-card-breach-at-kmart-stores-again/

9. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

BarbieGal457 likes this.
  10. SheHulk

SheHulk Smashing runDisney events

I thought that too. If everybody is traveling through Orlando and Disney World, and the fraud happened right after that, why would you blame the registration which happened so long ago? Because that’s one of the victims’ opinions? But I can still imagine runDisney just not wanting the pr hassle and changing due to perception. And it’s better optics for Disney to just let people think it’s Active, because if it’s not, the other thing they have in common is traveling to Disney World and that doesn’t look good.

BarbieGal457 and daisyray4 like this.
  11. cavepig

cavepig DIS Veteran

People registered for Princess a long time ago and many other people have registered for races via acitve, the credit card fraud being linked to only Princess registrations makes no sense to me and I doubt that's the reason for Wine & Dine's delay personally.

daisyray4, Ariel484 and rteetz like this.
  12. Keels

Keels The Official Keels of RunDisney

Next time I charge too much to my MagicBand, I’m just going to tell my husband that I was hacked and it was all Active’s fault ... should work!

13. UNCBear24

UNCBear24 Mouseketeer

I wouldn't count on it ever going back to a night race, so no worries!

PrincessV likes this.
  14. OlieRow

OlieRow Earning My Ears

Doubtful. If so, I think runDisney would have acknowledged the fraud.

From what I've seen here, it seems like previous holds on registration have been for changes to race weekend -- either adding a challenge like prior F&W or cancellation like Light Side. Going to night race would be a change but why would that be last minute and the reported reasons for abandoning the night race have been listed before. Seems unlikely. I'm trying to think of other changes they come up but most of them would make sense to start in January. Something like a 5k/10k/half challenge or multiple race weekend challenge wouldn't make since to announce now with 2 of the weekends already done and a 3rd coming up so soon.

daisyray4 likes this.
  15. AFwifelife

AFwifelife DIS Veteran

My new theory is that they are going to try to reward those with travel packages by giving them first access to bibs then the rest can fight for what’s left. Saw this morning that TAs can now offer bibs only to DVC APs who have reservations for the weekend.

Which would suck for me. I’m an AP but we mostly stay at Shades and already have a condo lined up for Marathon Weekend.

daisyray4 and lovingeire like this.
  16. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

Wow! Where did you see this. I'm AP and DVC and already have a DVC ressie for Wine & Dine Half weekend. Off to see if Acclaim can do my race registration only.....

17. AFwifelife

AFwifelife DIS Veteran

Saw it on FB/ rundisneyrun. They have group sales through a different TA and they opened up the bib only option this morning.

18. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

That would make sense if the races were selling out in minutes after registration goes active but since the additions of more races that doesn't happen any more. It's no reward if it's possible to register easily.

daisyray4 likes this.
  19. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

Ok. Thanks. If Acclaim can't do it, I'll check out the other TA. I'm a member of the rundisneyrun group.

20. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

I received a letter from a TA I used in the past (Acclaim) on this...

AP Passholders added benefits:
    • Can buy races ( with no park tickets ) early
    • Can buy Discount ( no active fee ) Race bibs
    • Can buy Race bibs that can be canceled (small fee)
    • Can buy Discount hotel rooms
    • Everyone in room is waived from buying park tickets , but
    • Can Buy Discount park tickets for non AP guests in room

rteetz likes this.
  21. AFwifelife

AFwifelife DIS Veteran

Still would lock more into an actual vacation than just the race. Especially right now with the limited communication, there are definitely more going the TA route to maleness sure they are registered.