Official Wine & Dine 2018

So we’re talking about possible fraud from Princess and I just got 4 fraudulent charges on my CC :sad1: Think I jinxed myself! And no, I don’t think it’s actually related.

Just got my schedule for next week fingers crossed at least AP registration is rescheduled till then as I’m off tue, thu, and fri

Unlikely.

“We believe it’s the actual website that we all had to register on to run the race,” Drass said.

One random person who doesn't know much about CC fraud isn't a source. :)

Next time I charge too much to my MagicBand, I’m just going to tell my husband that I was hacked and it was all Active’s fault ... should work!

Awesome. Better than our current method of "what, this old VeraB wallet???"

Saw this morning that TAs can now offer bibs only to DVC APs who have reservations for the weekend.

How does that even make sense? And with DVC it means ONLY those who made reservations at their home resorts at 11 months.

HUGE difference for me if room requirement can be waived for DVC with an existing ressie.

But why would they?

They could get really creative with that ...

So that won’t happen

:rotfl:

From what I read on the RunDisneyrun FB page most of the fraud occurred with the Chase Disney Visas.

And Chase is a HUGE CC "company", so they have cards compromised alllllll the time. They are very good about noticing, notifying, and making their card holders whole.

While I was pumped at the start, after running 13.1 miles at 10:30 pm all I wanted to do was shower and sleep. The last thing I wanted to do was party. :blush:

:)

Not true for me at TOT 2013, but Splash and Dash (W&D2014) was so cold and wet my friend and I just went back to the room.

RunDisney regrets to inform us that they have had to update the update and the people responsible for the update have been updated. Please be sure to update your contact preferences or the updators to the updatees won't be able to update us with the update to the update.

:rotfl:

And those responsible have now been sacked.

I re-read the post on rdr. The DVC reservation just has to be booked with points. You don’t even need to be the DVC owner. Supposedly this will be a new offer for 2019 races and is available for a short time for F&W.

I'm just imagining a Monty Python-ish end credit sequence.

RunDisney regrets to inform us that they have had to update the update and the people responsible for the update have been updated. Please be sure to update your contact preferences or the updators to the updatees won't be able to update us with the update to the update.

My sister was bitten by a mouse once :p

I can’t decide if dh and I should do the 2 course challenge or just the half marathon. We would save around $300 just doing the half marathon. But it would be cool to say we did both and get extra medals.

So we’re talking about possible fraud from Princess and I just got 4 fraudulent charges on my CC :sad1: Think I jinxed myself! And no, I don’t think it’s actually related.

My Disney Visa was compromised yesterday too. And I wasn't even at Princess 2018....those are some crafty thieves.

There was attempted fraud on my United Visa when we were traveling home from Princess weekend!

I checked email upon landing and chase had sent me an alert asking that I confirm a $2200 charge. I called them and they said that someone had attempted to use that card 4x for a $2200 charge for T-Mobile!

Thankfully they declined all charges and sent me a new card.

I'm just imagining a Monty Python-ish end credit sequence.

Of all the posts I've read over the last 2 days regarding the delay in registration, this is hands down my favorite. Hopefully we get some news soon this week, but the speculation posts are definitely interesting.

My Disney Visa was compromised yesterday too. And I wasn't even at Princess 2018....those are some crafty thieves.

My Disney Visa has been compromised a couple of times, last during Marathon Weekend 2017. I talked to the Chase rep at length about how these things happen and they told me that the thieves essentially try small $1 charge authorizations on random card numbers and when they get an authorization, they then start using that card for "real" purchases. Specialty cards like the Disney Visa are even easier for them to identify valid numbers because the first 8 digits of the 16 are fixed, meaning they only have to "guess" 8 numbers to get a valid card.

back to the fraud issue, I didn't register for the Princess half but I was in Disney that weekend, and used my card all over the expo and Disney. And just last weekend, I had fraudulent charges on my Disney visa. hmmmmmm.

I heard that Facebook is trying to buy my office... (the space, not the company ... and technically they're trying to get the landlord to buy out our lease, not actually buy the space).
Oh wait, you meant race rumors ...
Real Estate rumors are fun too.

Does anyone have the active links they had been playing with to view the races? My gut feeling is that tomorrow is the earliest we'll hear anything from RD but I'd be thrilled if we got some news today.

back to the fraud issue, I didn't register for the Princess half but I was in Disney that weekend, and used my card all over the expo and Disney. And just last weekend, I had fraudulent charges on my Disney visa. hmmmmmm.
Curious whether those who have had this experience have that same credit card stored with Active. I know that the earlier article was dubious, but that is a common denominator between race weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter