Official Wine & Dine 2018

Well...nice to finally return to the boards! I ran the January 2017 5K (first time! first 5k!), but last August I went in for some surgery and...things got...complicated, shall we say. I managed to recover over time and I've been trying to get back to my old running ways (and distances!) since then. I'm relieved to find that, while I'm not where I was last summer, I'm much better than I thought.

So I signed up for the Wine & Dine 5K today...and as an added bonus, my daughter insisted on signing up with me! She's not a runner herself, but she says she's going to work hard between now and then to toughen up. Given that she works at Universal's Harry Potter land, I'm sure she's got tough legs and feet already! I'm so stoked to getting back into this!

So, a couple weeks ago, I told my husband I have a hard time getting motivated to train for anything but runDisney. I've run the Princess Half once, and the Glass Slipper/Fairy Tale Challenge twice. He said, registration for Wine and Dine is coming up, why don't you do that?

So I'm in for the 2 course challenge! I'm excited for a new course!

2 questions:
1. When do after party tickets go on sale? (Or does someone have one they'd like to sell if that's allowed?)
2. Is there a race retreat option normally for this race? I didn't see one listed.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Historically does the challenge sell out before the half?
This past year, no. When I looked in June, the only one available was the Challenge. I think in July or August they opened up more slots for the half so I was able to switch.

Does anyone know if the Princess half Marathon and the 10K have a similar route to the wine dine?

My main goal was to see where the races end up and it looks like both the half and 10k ended in Epcot. We want to rent dvc so wanted to know which hotels to ask for.

Just so you know there is almost no availability for that weekend for DVC anywhere even right now 8 months out. I just signed up and was not entirely surprised since marathon weekend is the same way, but I always plan that 11 months out. You might be able to get a 1 bedroom at Saratoga or Old Key West, but probably that's it.

Jennifer

Just so you know there is almost no availability for that weekend for DVC anywhere even right now 8 months out. I just signed up and was not entirely surprised since marathon weekend is the same way, but I always plan that 11 months out. You might be able to get a 1 bedroom at Saratoga or Old Key West, but probably that's it.

Jennifer
I’m talking about the princess in February. They just opened reservations for that. I gave up on wine and dine since I just found out I’ll be doing physical therapy on my knees.

Convinced the other half to go back to Disney yet again in October for our honeymoon and what do you know there’s another run Disney event, must be fate.....

Spent about an hour googling to find info on the half then realised all the answers,as ever would be provided by the good people of the disboards, you’ve done all the work for me!

Good to be back, looking forward to this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!