Official Wine & Dine 2018

The official course won't be released until a couple weeks prior to the race, due to heightened security. I would put money on the course being quite similar to the 2017 course, with variance given due to construction progress.

As of the 2017 running, the race now starts at the parking lot for MK (as opposed to WWoS). The finish is still in the standard Epcot parking lot as pretty much all runDisney events end. They prefer you park at the finish line and get bused over to the start (if you are staying at a monorail resort you can walk).

Here is the 2017 course map for reference.:

Thank you so much!! I greatly appreciate this info!!

So, do you feel staying at the Poly is a good choice? It appears the walk to the Start would be about a mile. Any thoughts on doing this versus being bused from another resort? CR is my favorite but there are other properties I wouldn't mind trying.

Thanks again!

My husband and I decided to take my parents and sister to WDW as a Christmas present and ended up booking a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club Villas October 31 through November 4 (because we don't actually do Disney over Christmas because crowds and all that jazz). Genius that I am, I didn't even think about Wine and Dine when I picked out our dates and just realized today that we will be there over that weekend. So that got me thinking... My sister just finished Dopey, I have the Princess Half in a month, my daughter got the idea to train for a 10k so she and my husband have been doing that for a while now and looking for a race, our room is at Beach Club - one of the 3 best Disney resorts for races... It's all aligning as a sign that we should all run, right?

My husband and I decided to take my parents and sister to WDW as a Christmas present and ended up booking a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club Villas October 31 through November 4 (because we don't actually do Disney over Christmas because crowds and all that jazz). Genius that I am, I didn't even think about Wine and Dine when I picked out our dates and just realized today that we will be there over that weekend. So that got me thinking... My sister just finished Dopey, I have the Princess Half in a month, my daughter got the idea to train for a 10k so she and my husband have been doing that for a while now and looking for a race, our room is at Beach Club - one of the 3 best Disney resorts for races... It's all aligning as a sign that we should all run, right?

Yes indeed!!

i am seeing on your timeline that you are nearing your 10th Anniversary trip.....DH and I spent our 10th at DW as well. And our 20th, and our 25th! Such special memories!! Have a wonderful time and next month during your Princess HM!!

Yes indeed!!

i am seeing on your timeline that you are nearing your 10th Anniversary trip.....DH and I spent our 10th at DW as well. And our 20th, and our 25th! Such special memories!! Have a wonderful time and next month during your Princess HM!!
Thank you! We honeymooned there when I was fresh out of college and my husband was in grad school. We barely had any money and did it so cheaply and kept talking about how, once we had been married a while and had more money in the bank, we would come back for an anniversary trip and really do it up right. We are spending two weeks at Beach Club Villas, dining at all of our favorite restaurants, lots of park days as well as a planned day at a water park and plenty of relaxation time. I can't wait!

Thank you! We honeymooned there when I was fresh out of college and my husband was in grad school. We barely had any money and did it so cheaply and kept talking about how, once we had been married a while and had more money in the bank, we would come back for an anniversary trip and really do it up right. We are spending two weeks at Beach Club Villas, dining at all of our favorite restaurants, lots of park days as well as a planned day at a water park and plenty of relaxation time. I can't wait!

Pure magic is what you have planned!! Wooohoooo!! LOVE BCV, park days, restaurants and the water parks! Blizzard Beach is actually my favorite park!! LOVE our water park days. I am super excited for you! Have a wonderful time, I will be thinking of you!! :)

Hi! I am new to the Rundisney experience and plan to run the Challenge in November 2018 at the Disney Wine and Dine event. Am concerned about the races selling out and wanted to get advice on making sure I can register for the 10K and half marathon w/o both races being sold out. Read that you should have an Active account which I have but didn't know if you register from that site or the registration link on the 2018 Disney Wine and Dine half marathon weekend site. Also do you sign up for each race separately or is there a place to sign up for both at once. How quickly do these events sell out? In minutes like trying to get concert tickets to a major concert or hours or days? Any suggestions anyone may have would be very appreciated. I plan on logging in on the day the event opens to register but was concerned about not getting into the races due to their popularity. HELP!

Hi! I am new to the Rundisney experience and plan to run the Challenge in November 2018 at the Disney Wine and Dine event. Am concerned about the races selling out and wanted to get advice on making sure I can register for the 10K and half marathon w/o both races being sold out. Read that you should have an Active account which I have but didn't know if you register from that site or the registration link on the 2018 Disney Wine and Dine half marathon weekend site. Also do you sign up for each race separately or is there a place to sign up for both at once. How quickly do these events sell out? In minutes like trying to get concert tickets to a major concert or hours or days? Any suggestions anyone may have would be very appreciated. I plan on logging in on the day the event opens to register but was concerned about not getting into the races due to their popularity. HELP!

If you are planning the challenge, then you register for that as a single event. It will be clearly labeled as such. That is the ONLY way you will receive the challenge shirt and medal.

The anticipated order of filling is expected to be 10K, 5K, Challenge, Half. I would try to log on via the runDisney link as soon as possible (within an hour or so if possible). Travel Agency Partners are also an option.

Crossing my fingers DH renews AP's, and in the event he does...when exactly do passholders get to try and register early for runDisney events? i.e. public registration for W&D18 is March 13, for passholders it would be?????

Crossing my fingers DH renews AP's, and in the event he does...when exactly do passholders get to try and register early for runDisney events? i.e. public registration for W&D18 is March 13, for passholders it would be?????

I just checked the passholder page and it’s still linking to Star Wars. It’s usually the week before general registration though.

I just checked the passholder page and it’s still linking to Star Wars. It’s usually the week before general registration though.
Thanks! Now I know how quickly to get my DH in gear about his decision!:thanks::sad2:

Congrats on your first post!! You will soon be addicted to the DIS!

It should be interesting to see how the elimination of West coast races impacts the Florida RunDisney races. I have only missed W&D 1 year since it started. The first year I signed up in July and the race was in October. Year 2 about May I believe. I missed year 3 because of moving to the Boston area and starting a new job. Around year 4 started the 30 minutes sell outs that went on for a few years. Last year I almost felt like a fool because I registered right at the tick of noon. I do not believe the Half or Challenge sold out for awhile. Even the 10k lasted quite a long time by W&D standards. I am sure I will at the keyboard at 11:45 hitting refresh. Old habits are hard to break. Still miss the night race!!!!

Lately with regular registration happening on Tuesdays, the DVC/AP registration has been the Thursday before...so a little less than a week beforehand.

I’m not only wondering about sell out time but how much the price will rise as W&D 16,17 and Darkside 18 were all the same but this is the first post CA hiatus registration

Is it too early to be concerned with being out there for only my third half ever alone! Usually my DS is out there (somewhere) on the course , but he can't make it this year. He is my son, my buddy, my competitor, my ankle biter, and my rock on the longer runs. It's "our thing" to do in the family that no one else attempts or tries to weedle in on. Mainly because we started doing mud, obstacle courses together, but somehow built this running notion together. He urges (antagonizes) me to catch up to him during courses, and I urge (antagonize) him right back when we cross (eventually) the finish about the next one. Pride will just not let one or the other pass up a challenge. But back to my question, I just wish I had someone out there.

Well, I’m out.

Just got back from the podiatrist and have surgery scheduled to remove multiple bone spurs from my heel as soon as I get back from running Star Wars. :sad:

I wish everyone the best of luck with getting registered and their training. Hopefully I’ll see you all in 2019!

Well, I’m out.

Just got back from the podiatrist and have surgery scheduled to remove multiple bone spurs from my heel as soon as I get back from running Star Wars. :sad:

I wish everyone the best of luck with getting registered and their training. Hopefully I’ll see you all in 2019!
Glad you have a plan for relief!

Well, I’m out.

:( Sorry to hear that you won't be there, but hopefully the surgery will go well and you'll be back to pain-free running soon!

Well, I’m out.

Sorry to read that. I hope you have a successful surgery and get some relief!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!