Official Wine & Dine 2018

I was able to easily link my registration. I also decided to buy the participant race weekend jacket while I was at it, and that transaction went smoothly and easily.

The artwork on the emails they've been sending for Wine & Dine has been cute ... I'm hoping the jacket will be kinda similar, but who knows!

I was able to easily link my registration. I also decided to buy the participant race weekend jacket while I was at it, and that transaction went smoothly and easily.

The artwork on the emails they've been sending for Wine & Dine has been cute ... I'm hoping the jacket will be kinda similar, but who knows!
Are jackets only available as a pre-order?

Being as technically challenged as I am, I have a question. Is it required to do the registration linking thing? We only have 1 account for our family of 4, but it's under DH's name. I show up on there, but I don't think I have my own account. I've had no need. After 2 weeks of trying I was just able to score FPs for FOP for our August trip, so I do not want to mess around with anything on there right now and risk doing something to lose those. Does anyone know what will happen if I don't do anything?

Being as technically challenged as I am, I have a question. Is it required to do the registration linking thing? We only have 1 account for our family of 4, but it's under DH's name. I show up on there, but I don't think I have my own account. I've had no need. After 2 weeks of trying I was just able to score FPs for FOP for our August trip, so I do not want to mess around with anything on there right now and risk doing something to lose those. Does anyone know what will happen if I don't do anything?
You can put everyone under the one Disney account, it won't mess up or connect to the MDE FPs at all. The races don't show up in MDE. It is just on RunDisney & your new Manage Account. If you want to update Proof of Time or edit anything you'll need to do it as you can't edit in Active anymore at all.

You can put everyone under the one Disney account, it won't mess up or connect to the MDE FPs at all. The races don't show up in MDE. It is just on RunDisney & your new Manage Account. If you want to update Proof of Time or edit anything you'll need to do it as you can't edit in Active anymore at all.

Oh so 2 people can link their registrations to 1 Disney account? That seems easy easy enough then, LOL!

Random, but I printed the training plan and added dates to it. I noticed it starts a week later than I expected. (Which is kind of nice since we’ll have a killer heat wave and I’m on vacation most of next week...)

More importantly, the Hershey Half is 10/21, which according to my calculations is the date of the last long run before W&D. I’m thinking it’s a sign that I should sign up? I mean I might as well get a medal for that last long run, right?

Are jackets only available as a pre-order?

So my experience has been that to try to GUARANTEE this specific jacket in the size you want, you should preorder.

They have, in the past, had the jacket available at the expo, but availability will depend on how popular the design/style is and how fast they sell!

There are other, different jackets available at the expo also. but the “official” race weekend jacket is one specific design/style.

Last year’s wine and dine jacket didn’t seem as popular and I think many were available at the expo if I recall correctly. In contrast, this year’s marathon jacket was extremely popular... I couldn’t get one at the expo, and only a small number of unpopular sizes were available at the merch tent on the morning of the race. But I think the marathon jacket is always popular.

All that being said... who knows!! Disney may change everything this year. That’s why I say if you really want something, you pre-order.

(I should also note that I pre-ordered a marathon dooney this year and they STILL ran out / didn’t have one reserved for me, despite dozens of them ending up on eBay same day, so.... one never knows.)

Random, but I printed the training plan and added dates to it. I noticed it starts a week later than I expected. (Which is kind of nice since we’ll have a killer heat wave and I’m on vacation most of next week...)

When I added the dates, the plan starts this coming Tuesday. Is that what you got? I wish it had the dates already on it!

So my experience has been that to try to GUARANTEE this specific jacket in the size you want, you should preorder.

They have, in the past, had the jacket available at the expo, but availability will depend on how popular the design/style is and how fast they sell!

There are other, different jackets available at the expo also. but the “official” race weekend jacket is one specific design/style.

Last year’s wine and dine jacket didn’t seem as popular and I think many were available at the expo if I recall correctly. In contrast, this year’s marathon jacket was extremely popular... I couldn’t get one at the expo, and only a small number of unpopular sizes were available at the merch tent on the morning of the race. But I think the marathon jacket is always popular.

All that being said... who knows!! Disney may change everything this year. That’s why I say if you really want something, you pre-order.

(I should also note that I pre-ordered a marathon dooney this year and they STILL ran out / didn’t have one reserved for me, despite dozens of them ending up on eBay same day, so.... one never knows.)
Thanks!
And that's terrible about the Dooney. What's the point of pre-ordering then??

When I added the dates, the plan starts this coming Tuesday. Is that what you got? I wish it had the dates already on it!

Yep, exactly what I got! I miss the dates and the cute theming to the plans. But I guess I'll survive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter