***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Welp we got back late last night to our house (sometime after 11pm). What a busy trip we had (most steps walked in one day was nearly 31,000 for me). I'll be starting a trip report here very soon so I'll post the link to it here.

We got very lucky with rain. Only rained on us personally on Friday the 8th and about 1 1/2hrs on Thursday the 14th (though it did rain out/storm out Fantasmic! which was rained out for us the last time we went in 2011....I guess I'll have to wait some more years to see it :sad:). We did get to see the Star Wars show that night however even with the rain over but the lightning in the distance.

It was pretty hot for about 3 days in a row (heat index at least one of those days was 105 but the other two days were probably about the same heat index).

We did have to become flexible and switch up some plans due to the hurricane but somehow I planned our Universal days for Sunday the 10th and Monday the 11th so I didn't lose out on our FPs or 2 other ADRs. We were supposed to come back around 1pm Central time on Sunday the 17th but extended to come back at 10pm on Monday the 18th. We only needed to make up 1 day at Universal-which we had a 3-day park to park pass (we made the decision to go straight there from the airport instead of doing Disney Springs on arrival day) and then used our last day (which was yesterday) for Disney Springs and a tiny bit of monorail resort hopping.

We don't have another tripped planned at the moment but I do know my husband liked the idea of sometime in the future doing a Food & Wine centered trip (not actually planned but just an idea). We did do some tastings of the offerings and he found that he really enjoyed more than he thought trying out booths.

Anyways super excited for you all going here soon!!

I'm sat waiting for food at Skipper Canteen. Day one, having a great time, getting through rides quicker than planned - I did plan worst case senario.

Jungle Cruise is still down thanks to Irma the CM said Friday - I think this friday but might have been next Fri. My brains a little frazzled from the heat/humidity, was doing ok until I was waiting for the parade.
We did Jungle Cruise on Saturday the 9th as a walk on. Had a funny (ok funny to me) skipper-sad that was the only time we got to go on it.

We ate at Skipper Canteen (I swear it wasn't planned to go on Jungle cruise that day and also have an ADR for the themed restaurant lol). Enjoyed the food-the seating inside not so much only because my husband and I were seated and then a family of 4 were seated a bit after us...the tables were inches apart and their conversation made it nearly impossible for us to have our own conversation. I'd go again but if not busy (which it wasn't too busy then) I'd see if I could request a slightly better seating area.

I'll say WDW got up running very fast after the hurricane but there is still down trees and whatnot. We saw a downed tree in MK one day, one in AK the other day and also if you ride the railroad you'll see chopped up trees and whatnot as well as on the Liberty Square Riverboat (as far as in the woods and whatnot) which is why those were delayed in reopening (still see the down trees and debris but they've cleared it enough for those two things to run). I do hope they get Jungle Cruise up and running for you!!

As far as the heat I'd say 90% of the time we just drank water. We had beer late in the day, we did do a stop in Nomad Louge as the sun was starting to set and soda only something like twice otherwise it was water water water. We didn't find the taste of the water to be all that bad and plenty of quick service places had courtesy cups. If you're in MK walk through the shops on your way in or out if you can to get some A/C and take a small break if you can and do an inside show to get a break from the heat.

I'm exhausted but what an amazing day! Started with waking up at 2am for the day. Then got the girls up at 410am. Eek. I was worried about waking the 2 year old when I really should have been worried about waking the 4 year old.

Fast forward to our flight. Our girls were a dream. Thanks to the snack and 10,000 things I packed to keep them busy. But there was one mom that was not so lucky. Her little one was hysterically screaming. So I went up to her and asked if she needed anything. She needed Motrin which I of course had. Along with everything else. Well it worked and it must have given me some good pixie karma.

We had just sat down at the contempo after a very long day. A woman came up to me and asked if I was just arriving. I said yes. She handed me her popcorn bucket so I can get the refills and said it had some fast passes in it! I love all the families who just want others to have a great time and I will be paying it forward when we leave.

So now I'm sitting here in the dark, waiting for the hallowishes to start so I can watch from the balcony while the little ones (and my husband too for that matter) are out cold.

Well today is going wrong. The bus to Hollywood Studios was meant to be 7:15am, the board wasn't on. It turned up at 7:48, at HS and asked about getting to the Boardwalk and they directed me to the friendship boat. My reservation was two minutes ago and no boat in sight. :sad:

Edit: I'm on a boat now.

Last edited:
Woops double post.

I'm off to Blizzard Beach after for the morning and lunch so if I don't make ij to opening there it won't be so bad.

Last edited:
Yesterday was such a great day. Had a wonderful lunch experience doing the Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining Lunch at Morimoto Asia. The only issue was it ended up being 3 hours instead of 2 that I budgeted for and I was late for all the rest of my plans for the Day. It was fine though I adjust and got to do mostly everything I wanted at AK and AKL. I even rode FOP last night with a 60 min wait eventhough it was projected at 100!
I loved AKL Jambo house and didn't want to leave this morning. Just checked into CSR my room was actually ready right after 11am. Taking some time to relax and then heading to Epcot and Magic Kingdom for the rest of the night.

Just finished my time at Blizzard Beach heading to HS in a bit. Not busy really.

I did Summit Plummet :eek: went down at 40mph. It hurt though the force of the water moved me to the side.

Just having lunch, ended up with two drinks as I changed my flavor and it didn't delete. I got it refund and still got two drinks. When I was out the counter the CM said do you want fries, we don't have the chips and I said yes. Then he gave me chips and they are so stale. I can't be bothered to go back again.

Just going tnm be like that all day I feel. :rolleyes2
Edit:
It really is I opened my wrap before eating and found the had given me a chicken one not the veggie one.

Last edited:
Just finished my time at Blizzard Beach heading to HS in a bit. Not busy really.

I did Summit Plummet :eek: went down at 40mph. It hurt though the force of the water moved me to the side.

Just having lunch, ended up with two drinks as I changed my flavor and it didn't delete. I got it refund and still got two drinks. When I was out the counter the CM said do you want fries, we don't have the chips and I said yes. Then he gave me chips and they are so stale. I can't be bothered to go back again.

Just going tnm be like that all day I feel. :rolleyes2
Edit:
It really is I opened my wrap before eating and found the had given me a chicken one not the veggie one.
Hope your day gets better.

Loving all the trip reports! :love:Although I'm an October now after Irma, I feel like this is where all my peeps are! I've been busy rebuilding our trip and I'm enjoying reading about everyone's trips! Today I got great news when Disney's Guest Services called me about my email to them, and they gave us back our free dining for our trip!!! So excited and grateful! Finally feeling good about our rescheduled trip, that it's almost back to what it was. Dreading the higher crowds but excited to just go! Redoing the countdown has been weird :crazy2: But keep up the reports, I'm loving living vicariously through you all haha!

:faint:
Aside from falling over the top of the ring in the lazy river bit and taking in a bit of water :crazy2::rotfl:

Today has improved thank you!
Wow your day has been something!! Glad it has improved, it seems like your day was just a tad off kilter. I have to say I'm in awe of you doing Summit Plummet! :scared::faint: Hope tomorrow is great for you!!!

:faint:
Wow your day has been something!! Glad it has improved, it seems like your day was just a tad off kilter. I have to say I'm in awe of you doing Summit Plummet! :scared::faint: Hope tomorrow is great for you!!!

I missed two fastpasses and my other one went down so I did Star Tours which was my first one. I have a full HS later and these were 2nd rides so not concerned.

Proud but it was once and done. As I sat in the ride ready to go I thought...why did I do this...Had my eyes closed for most of it and then a face full of water as I got to the bottom. That happened on the other rides and I swear that didn't happen last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter