***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

View attachment 274066

Just thought I would share what I did with my pins from this trip with my September crew! I pin traded to get a majority of these. I probably purchased about 25 or so.

Love it!! My 5yo got into pin trading this trip... and we did the same board for his! He loves Pluto so that's who he always traded for!

Attachments

• IMG_3424.JPG
    IMG_3424.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 10
Arrived back home late this afternoon...the girls both cried as we prepared to leave :sad: My youngest got home and handed me her Princess Disney ear headband and said "you can have them now because they don't have any magic here (at home)." So true, it seems the magic only lasts for so long!

Fifth trip was fun and fabulous. I reminded the girls how many times we have came in their short lives and that means we will probably go again, thinking May/Sept 2019 when Star Wars Land is complete.

I've been back two days, been sorting through pictures and unpacking. I forgot to ride the E.T ride at Universal but I'm so annoyed at myself for not getting my Rapunzel lantern shot...I cannot believe I forgot to go and get that. :guilty:

I've been back two days, been sorting through pictures and unpacking. I forgot to ride the E.T ride at Universal but I'm so annoyed at myself for not getting my Rapunzel lantern shot...I cannot believe I forgot to go and get that. :guilty:
I agree about the Rapunzel shot totally forgot. Also this is my 3rd day back and training in a new area for work. So I’m having the Disney blues and trying to learn something new. I’m all out of whack.

I've been back two days, been sorting through pictures and unpacking. I forgot to ride the E.T ride at Universal

Well, its easy to miss since its kind of back in its own corner. We rode it "for you" on Sat though!

Have you seen the story about Alex Morgan getting intoxicated at UK pavilion and kicked out? Anyone there that evening? That is such a disappointment, my girls look up to her because they both play soccer. And her sorry, not sorry tweet. Shameful.

I agree about the Rapunzel shot totally forgot. Also this is my 3rd day back and training in a new area for work. So I’m having the Disney blues and trying to learn something new. I’m all out of whack.

Awh I'm about to go back to work tomorrow and I'm just not ready.

Well, its easy to miss since its kind of back in its own corner. We rode it "for you" on Sat though!

Have you seen the story about Alex Morgan getting intoxicated at UK pavilion and kicked out? Anyone there that evening? That is such a disappointment, my girls look up to her because they both play soccer. And her sorry, not sorry tweet. Shameful.

Awh thanks :hug: I was so smug thinking apart from Hulk I'd done all the rides I wanted to (after the pre holiday neck and back pain I had and knowing that the last time I rode Hulk it threw my head around I felt I should skip it, I did fine with all the other rides but I got a bad headache from that one on a good day).

I only just looked into it, that's bad behaviour for inside Disney you'd think you would know not to loose control there even if you were in the pub. Did make it sound like a standard weekend night at a pub though.

So I got 55 autographs 52 signed ( I would have all my pages filled if certain characters didn't share pages or if Pluto didn't write it on the wrong side of the page) and 3 pre signed cards - Jack and Sally and Olaf. I do have the Bon Voyage breakfast card but as they signed in my book I'm not counting that one.
A total of 114 character meets including variations of the same character - Baymax and Star Lord twice (I forgot to get his autograph) and multiple of the fab five after doing the character breakfasts.
18 videos on my Memory Maker
678 photos on my Memory Maker
73.9 GB of photos and videos from my phone, camera and Polaroid Cube + for waterpark video to edit. :rotfl2:

I don't delete pictures on my camera because it can cause an error and corrupt your SD card...my sister found out the hard way with her photography course work and your lucky if you get anything back so I deal with it on my computer so I have plenty of blurred shots to delete.

Oh and my phone company says that with the plan I'm on (using my phone abroad at no extra cost - mainly internet wise) I saved £4,719.75 :rotfl: I was on Disney WiFi a lot of the time so not sure how that works out.

I'm finally getting a free minute to post something since getting back Saturday. My boss said he'd "keep up with it" while I was gone. Yeah. Not so much. :smooth:

We went to Epcot for a couple of hours on our last day. Ugh. Mission Space = waste of time and space (no pun intended). My DS rode it for the first time. "Well that was unimpressive." We did the "less intense" side. The film they use for your "flight" over Earth is awful IMO. Thank goodness it was walk on. I'd have been upset if we had wasted time waiting in line for it. And we were so disappointed in the new Soarin'. Don't get me wrong, the film is absolutely gorgeous. But there was only once when there was any kind of smell (I think it was when you're going over Africa). The huge whale jumped in front of us and I expected a spritz of water or something. Nothing. And the distortion, again, was awful! I expect so much more out of Disney. This wasn't even close to being up to Disney standards. The wait for Spaceship Earth was over 90 minutes. The park is so outdated. We just left and headed home.

Other than Epcot, our trip was AWESOME! The highlight was easily FoP. Absolutely amazing. That, and getting my son to ride RnR (3X!) and 7DMT with me (and enjoying it!), his first time on a roller coaster in years.

I've got one more picture to post. Then I get to start planning for 2021. :laughing:

It's been so much fun interacting with all of you and listening to your stories. I learned so much and it was so helpful in planning my trip. Thanks to you all. I'm gonna miss this thread.

I'm finally getting a free minute to post something since getting back Saturday. My boss said he'd "keep up with it" while I was gone. Yeah. Not so much. :smooth:

We went to Epcot for a couple of hours on our last day. Ugh. Mission Space = waste of time and space (no pun intended). My DS rode it for the first time. "Well that was unimpressive." We did the "less intense" side. The film they use for your "flight" over Earth is awful IMO. Thank goodness it was walk on. I'd have been upset if we had wasted time waiting in line for it. And we were so disappointed in the new Soarin'. Don't get me wrong, the film is absolutely gorgeous. But there was only once when there was any kind of smell (I think it was when you're going over Africa). The huge whale jumped in front of us and I expected a spritz of water or something. Nothing. And the distortion, again, was awful! I expect so much more out of Disney. This wasn't even close to being up to Disney standards. The wait for Spaceship Earth was over 90 minutes. The park is so outdated. We just left and headed home.

Other than Epcot, our trip was AWESOME! The highlight was easily FoP. Absolutely amazing. That, and getting my son to ride RnR (3X!) and 7DMT with me (and enjoying it!), his first time on a roller coaster in years.

I've got one more picture to post. Then I get to start planning for 2021. :laughing:

It's been so much fun interacting with all of you and listening to your stories. I learned so much and it was so helpful in planning my trip. Thanks to you all. I'm gonna miss this thread.

I did Mission Space Orange because I had heard how the green one had turned out......never again. I could feel the force of the movement pull on my neck and it felt so weird and uncomfortable. The two other girls in my group moved over to the other queue line bit so I had a whole thing to myself so I manned a trip to Mars solo :rotfl:.

I didn't enjoy Soarin' the screen distortion made me feel ill, I wasn't that fussed by the ride before so I know I won't bother again.
I had the same trouble with the Harry Potter forbidden journey as well. I think my eye sight has changed and I had tired eyes so it made the screen worse for me since the last time I did it.

I enjoyed FOP, a little blurry so next time I'll wear my glasses, I had trouble focusing on the things on the screen but the ride itself was fun. I thought the smells were overpowering though.

I will miss this and the MNSSHP party threads I've been involved with, I too am planning a return for 2021. I will be going in the Spring though because I want to add a short cruise in there and can't be having any of this Autumn/Fall hurricane nonsense.

Edit: Now I have a trip report to write.

I'm with you guys. We're planning/hoping to go in January/February of 2021. It all depends on finances.

Been back a week already!! Feels like we've been back for years already. I think the jetlag has finally passed.

It was waayy too hot!! Are highs of 90+ degrees and awful humidity normal for September or was it because of Irma?

When I first booked it said the average temps for September were lower 80's. I think the extremely hot days were a fluke and not necessarily from Irma, but it is Florida. Even the CM's were saying it has never been that hot so late in the season. Our next trip will be a little later so it's not hot and they have Christmas decorations. EPCOT was our last day and it was OK but we were all exhausted by then. My 20 month old loved the kitchen drummers, he waved at them the whole time they were playing. One of them gave him a set of drum sticks! The wife liked that I got the Disney Dining plan and the family loved the Mickey Waffles! I realize a few planning mistakes I made this time so it's a lesson learned for next trip.

The current path of Nate has it going right over my house, but it's not going to be that bad when it arrives.

Been back a week already!! Feels like we've been back for years already. I think the jetlag has finally passed.

It was waayy too hot!! Are highs of 90+ degrees and awful humidity normal for September or was it because of Irma?

I lived in Florida for a couple of years. Unless it's Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb just plan on it being hot and muggy. And even then, you can't rule it out. One of my favorite stories is the first December I lived there I was sitting in a Long John Silver's having lunch in my shorts and t-shirt. I noticed a nativity scene in the corner and thought "Well, that's odd." Then I realized Christmas was in 2 weeks! :laughing:

Our next trip will be a little later so it's not hot and they have Christmas decorations.

We love Disney at Christmas! The decorations, the music, the characters in their Christmas best, the weather's perfect...love it!

Hope you guys don't get that much from Nate. Gosh, y'all have had enough rain the last couple of months!

We haven't even been back a week and we miss it already! :sad:

The weather has been hot & humid like it was this year all 4 of our Sept trips!!!

Oh man, I miss this thread. I joined April, it just isn't as fun there. No activity and the person who started in seems to have deserted it. It was fun following along with all of you, I hope I catch some of you in he future on onther trips.:sad::wave2:

Wait until it gets a little closer then things will start heating up! enjoy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!