offsite non-featured EVC rental - how far in advance to set up meeting time?

peg2001

<font color=FF6600>Can drive DH away with a banana
Just curious about people's experience with needing to set up a time to meet the EVC rental company when renting offsite from a non-featured vendor. I reserved online about 7 weeks in advance of my trip and got an email the same day asking for me to call and set up a specific meeting time ASAP as they were "booking up quickly" which I thought was a bit weird.

Just curious about people's experience with needing to set up a time to meet the EVC rental company when renting offsite from a non-featured vendor. I reserved online about 7 weeks in advance of my trip and got an email the same day asking for me to call and set up a specific meeting time ASAP as they were "booking up quickly" which I thought was a bit weird.

Hmmm...

Well, if you are flying in, you can typically add between 60 to 90 minutes to your arrival time, and that should be a good window to meet the rental vendor for drop off.

Having said that, in 7 weeks you are looking right down the barrel of one of the busiest times of the year at WDW; the time from just before Christmas through New Years Eve is VERY busy. That may be why they are trying to set their schedule as best they can now.

When we booked with Walker, we only had to give them a 1 hr window before we got there. Then, on the day of, the person delivering the scooter would call when he was close (like 5-10 minutes away, at most). It always worked out great. I remember one time, he called, I went outside, sat down, and less than one minute later, literally, he came driving up. When I returned the scooter, we'd agreed for them to pick up between 6-7. They called around 6:15, I drove the scooter from my room to downstairs, and just as I got outside, the truck pulled up. Walker made pick up and delivery super-easy.

UPDATE -

Well, I completely disregarded their advice to call as soon as possible when I was that far out. I waited until 1-week prior to arrival and called. There were no issues at all with arranging for delivery and pickup during my preferred windows of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts