Oga's cantina service question?

k5thbeatle

DIS Veteran
Ok I understand at Oga's we will be limited to 45 minutes. My question is; will there be wait staff serving us drinks or is it every man for himself and you have to go up to the bar yourself to get drinks???

My understanding is upon entry the CM will ask you for your two drinks, thats the maximum, and payment and your 45 min starts then......not sure how they enforce the time limit....

Ok I understand at Oga's we will be limited to 45 minutes. My question is; will there be wait staff serving us drinks or is it every man for himself and you have to go up to the bar yourself to get drinks???

You will be taken to a specific spot by the host. You must stay there. You will be assigned a server, regardless of where you are placed. The bar itself has a bunch of bartenders and they are all responsible for a "zone" and will greet you almost immediately. Standing and seated tables will have a dedicated server who will come to the table and take your order.

My understanding is upon entry the CM will ask you for your two drinks, thats the maximum, and payment and your 45 min starts then......not sure how they enforce the time limit....

They tell you it's time to wrap it up and leave. It's pretty cut and dry.

Thanks for that info! I guess they really have to be efficient to ensure everyone can make their reservation

Yes, exactly. There is basically always a line at the door 15-20 deep with people who have checked in and are waiting to get in, and new people checking in every 5 minutes. They gotta keep things moving.

Correct. I was told by someone who went to the one in DL that if you do not order anything, you will be charged the $10 per person charge as a no show.

That is not true. Once you check in, if you need to bail out, you can do so penalty free. That almost happened to us. We checked in, party of 4, and my husband started feeling bad, and while I was standing in the 20 min line after checking in, I asked the hostess "If we decide not to go in, and we leave now, will we be charged the no show penalty?" She said we would not, we would be fine. So, once you check in, you are "cleared."

They will simply not let you just loiter inside. If you don't order a drink and tell them you don't want anything, they will tell you that you cannot stay.

Reactions: eva
That is not true. Once you check in, if you need to bail out, you can do so penalty free. That almost happened to us. We checked in, party of 4, and my husband started feeling bad, and while I was standing in the 20 min line after checking in, I asked the hostess "If we decide not to go in, and we leave now, will we be charged the no show penalty?" She said we would not, we would be fine. So, once you check in, you are "cleared."

They will simply not let you just loiter inside. If you don't order a drink and tell them you don't want anything, they will tell you that you cannot stay.

Good to know. DH is balking at the prices. But I will be having a drink anyway.

How early before ones reservation time do you suggest showing up?

it depends, the reservation says check in at 15 minutes before. In Disneyland they have CM with a tablet who checks you in and they you join a line to wait for the host to bring you inside. Depending on how busy it is, the CM with the tablet will check you in 15 minutes before your reservation OR will only check you in at exactly your reservation time. Either way, once you check in with the cm with the tablet, you will wait about 15 minutes to reach the host.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter