Ogdensburg-'Ottawa' Airport

OttawaDisGirl

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

A few people have asked about the new Ogdensburg-'Ottawa' airport - there are flights from Ogdensburg to Sanford, FL (about an hour from WDW)
First impressions of the airport itself:

• It's small but it's new and bright and clean.
  • The counter for Allegiant has 2 spaces for agents. Arrive with plenty of time to check your bags and get through security.
  • I didn't take a picture of it specifically, but there is a counter with high chairs to work on your laptop and plug ins. I'd say it sat around 5 people max but that's a guess.
  • There are no food vendors at all. If you want to bring food to eat on the plane like we did, you'll need to pack it with you. We picked up subway and chips for dinner.
  • There are 2 vending machines for drinks/chips/small snacks on the other side of the security.
  • There is also a water fountain to fill water bottles, if desired.
  • There are bathrooms before and after security. The ladies room had 3 stalls - 1 wheelchair accessible, it had a sharps box when I was there and I think a change table. I don't know about the mens.
  • There is outdoor parking. You can park long term and it's on an automated ticket system. You can pay by cash or credit card. It seemed to take a long time to process credit cards and as a result, the line up was long. I just had to remember where I'd put the slip of paper! :D

[GALLERY=]

Welcome sign!

IMG_6057.jpg

Waiting area and vending machines.

IMG_6059.jpg

Bathrooms are on that back orange wall. They had handwritten signs on the first day. It was pretty new. You can also sort of see the counter/plug-in stations on the left.

IMG_6060.jpg

We got some free swag. A SeaWorld keychain and a pair of Allegiant shades.

IMG_6064.jpg

This is the gate. There is only one. :)

IMG_6062.jpg

This is the ramp thing you have to walk up onto to board/deplane the plane. It wasn't too too steep. No stairs on it at all.
IMG_6067.jpg

It has a rubber floor.
IMG_6070.jpg

View from the ramp itself:

My teenager thought it was cool.

IMG_6071.jpg

The also gave us empty water bottles that said: OGS Ogdensburg Airport. Since we hadn't brought any, we were happy to receive these. :)

IMG_6073.jpg

We were in the first few rows of with 'extra space' that we'd paid extra for. We were glad we did.

IMG_6075.jpg

That's it! I'm happy to answer questions. :)

[/GALLERY]

Last edited:
It used to but sadly no longer does. It has a fancy new pay system in place run by a company called Mapco.

It's $8 per calendar day.

Here's the link.

Thanks for the report. I will have to keep this in mind for my next trip to the World.

It was nice while it lasted but it looks like Allegiant Air has stopped flying from Ogdensburg

This is not very surprising but it appears that Allegiant Air has ceased operations at Ogdensburg Airport. Hopefully, it's just temporary and once COVID border restrictions are lifted, they will return (although I'm not sure if there are any regulatory requirements before they can return).

https://www.wwnytv.com/2020/10/15/allegiant-air-ceases-operations-out-ogdensburg/

It would be amazing if they could convince Southwest to fly out of Ogdensburg (to BWI). Good connection to Florida. Even if it was just 2x/week. They would score a whole lot of Canadian customers. Wishful thinking but a girl can hope.

We used to live west of Toronto when the kids were younger, those Southwest flights out of Buffalo were amazing! If we had something close here in Ottawa that would be awesome...

It would be amazing if they could convince Southwest to fly out of Ogdensburg (to BWI). Good connection to Florida. Even if it was just 2x/week. They would score a whole lot of Canadian customers. Wishful thinking but a girl can hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts