OGT question

jack87891

Mouseketeer
We are looking at a cruise with an OGT rate. We would have 3 people in the room. I understand OGT means no transfer or changes. If the 3rd person were to not be able to go, does it affect affect all 3 passengers or do you just lose the dollars for the 3rd person?

thanks for any insight

DisBNewB

Mouseketeer
I assume the other two people would still be going? In that case, you simply would lose the $ for the third person.

jack87891

Mouseketeer
yes, the other two would go but the 3rd is questionable right now. when it talks about no changes i wasn't sure if it would affect the other cruisers reservation or not.

• Disney Cruise Line Shipboard Credits up to $1000!
    Just make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel and you’ll receive up to $1000 in shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!
    Click Here for Details

Already have a Disney Cruise Line reservation booked?
    If you booked your DCL reservation within the last 30 days, Email us (DreamsCruise@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) to see if we can save you money, apply a Shipboard Credit, or recieve our Exclusive Gift!
    *Deposit paid. Not paid in full. Other Restrictions Apply.

• DisBNewB

Mouseketeer
    yes, the other two would go but the 3rd is questionable right now. when it talks about no changes i wasn't sure if it would affect the other cruisers reservation or not.
    It shouldn't. It would just basically be as if the third person is a no-show. You still have to pay for them, but it shouldn't affect anything for the two still going.

Primeval Princess

Momketeer
    To be blunt, it's one less mouth for them to feed. No, they aren't going to mind that the third person won't show up. They will keep the money, though.

DCLCruiseFan09

Mouseketeer
    Here's an idea, and I would confirm if this is an option with DCL before doing it.

Book the room with 2 and add on the 3rd later once you are able to get confirmation. There will probably be some kind of fee to add the 3rd person. One time they charged me 50 bucks or so because it was a week before the cruise to add an additional traveler, but its definitely better than paying for a person who cant travel

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
    Here's an idea, and I would confirm if this is an option with DCL before doing it.

Book the room with 2 and add on the 3rd later once you are able to get confirmation. There will probably be some kind of fee to add the 3rd person. One time they charged me 50 bucks or so because it was a week before the cruise to add an additional traveler, but its definitely better than paying for a person who cant travel
    AFAIK, *GT reservations are not allowed any changes, once booked.

Also, if adding another person is allowed, adding someone later runs the risk of not being able to add them due to various reasons (no space in lifeboat for that room, or no space in appropriate kid's club for the new guest's age, for example).

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES