OGT question

jack87891

Mouseketeer
We are looking at a cruise with an OGT rate. We would have 3 people in the room. I understand OGT means no transfer or changes. If the 3rd person were to not be able to go, does it affect affect all 3 passengers or do you just lose the dollars for the 3rd person?

thanks for any insight

I assume the other two people would still be going? In that case, you simply would lose the $ for the third person.

yes, the other two would go but the 3rd is questionable right now. when it talks about no changes i wasn't sure if it would affect the other cruisers reservation or not.

yes, the other two would go but the 3rd is questionable right now. when it talks about no changes i wasn't sure if it would affect the other cruisers reservation or not.

It shouldn't. It would just basically be as if the third person is a no-show. You still have to pay for them, but it shouldn't affect anything for the two still going.

To be blunt, it's one less mouth for them to feed. No, they aren't going to mind that the third person won't show up. They will keep the money, though.

Here's an idea, and I would confirm if this is an option with DCL before doing it.

Book the room with 2 and add on the 3rd later once you are able to get confirmation. There will probably be some kind of fee to add the 3rd person. One time they charged me 50 bucks or so because it was a week before the cruise to add an additional traveler, but its definitely better than paying for a person who cant travel

Here's an idea, and I would confirm if this is an option with DCL before doing it.

Book the room with 2 and add on the 3rd later once you are able to get confirmation. There will probably be some kind of fee to add the 3rd person. One time they charged me 50 bucks or so because it was a week before the cruise to add an additional traveler, but its definitely better than paying for a person who cant travel
AFAIK, *GT reservations are not allowed any changes, once booked.

Also, if adding another person is allowed, adding someone later runs the risk of not being able to add them due to various reasons (no space in lifeboat for that room, or no space in appropriate kid's club for the new guest's age, for example).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!