Oh, for Pete's sake!

To be fair, this type of nonsense was reported via TV & print long before the Internet came into being. Perhaps not with the same frequency, but just as an example, we’ve all known about PETA for a very long time.
Yeah but for one I’m not glued to tv news all day & don’t read much print news. But, I do have my phone with me pretty much always & look online when I have down time so I would have missed this one if it weren’t for the internet. I suspect that’s a lot of ppl.

Doncha just love PETA??? They're so irritable and unhappy because they haven't had a good steak or juicy hamburger in too long a time! Eating these will put a smile on your face!
:-)

I'm with you Hikergirl. The issue (to me) isn't the groups or people who come up with these "rules" it's that the news organizations give them some kind of credibility.
I agree. We have a bear ranch and a exotic animal rescue in my general area. The animals these places take in would have met their demise otherwise and are treated very, very well. The people that run these places do it because they love it, not for the money. PETA comes up with a new gripe at least once a year and files some sort of lawsuit. PETA simply does this for their own selfish motives to gain more publicity. They hurt these rescues and the animals by filing these unnecessary lawsuits which these places have to pay someone to defend them.

DtmjZgPWoAIf05P
[/QUOTE]

Wait, wouldn't the bagel one be "cultural appropriation"?
(she said, with tongue firmly in cheek)

Honestly, I'm all for treating animals well, but I don't believe for one minute that they understand our language well enough to be "offended" by it.

Just like we're making our immune systems more fragile with constant hand-sanitizing, we're making ourselves more fragile by constantly trying to sanitize our language.

1984 hear we come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter