Oh Help? The Unthinkable has happened...

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
My best friend just emailed that their oldest daughter was killed in a car wreck,and the have to go identify the body tomorrow morning.

Help what can I say to help comfort her? I look at my 16 yr old Daughter,I can't imagine how much pain she is in!!

I don't know what you can say to comfort her. As a father of two daughters, I also can't imagine how much pain she is in. Just being there to help in any way she needs, will be a great comfort. I'm sending my prayers.

I agree, just being there is probably comfort for your friend...I could not imagine having to do that and I am so very sorry for your friends loss...so tragic...:(

Hugs to you

wow. I have no idea what I would do. I agree, just be there.

That's probably what I'd say to her: "I cannot imagine your pain right now."

I lost my son 16 years ago. I had friends who didn't come to see me because they didn't know what to say.

Then I had friends who ran to me with NOTHING to say but a heart and a shoulder to lean on.

I will always hold those who came speechless close to my heart.

See what she needs. Say VERY few words. Just BE THERE.

God bless....

Thanks everyone.

Robinr-I'm sorry for your loss. Thank-you for the the advice!!

Just be there with your hugs and love, that's what she'll need right now. My prayers are with your friend.

My thoughts are also with your friend. I agree, just be there for her.

A very dear friend of mine lost her son to suicide about 4 yrs ago. I didn't know what to say either. I agree. Just be there for your friends. Also, when they want to talk about their DD do so. Share your warm memories of her with them. It seems to be a comfort for a lot of people to hear stories of what you know and remember about their child. I remember Nancy saying to me that she was afraid when they day would come when no one wanted to hear about her DS anymore and they would be thinking she should just move on with her life. Sure, life goes on and has for her, but she still wants to cry and talk about him. I am always glad to let her and told her that. Hugs and prayers for you and this poor family. I can't even begin to imagine.

Hugs to RobinRS also.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend. There is nothing in this world like loosing a child. I agree with the advice about just being there. The words will come if and when they are needed. The important thing is to stand by her.

We recently lost my 14 yo niece in a car accident. Just be there for your friends. Some days they will want to talk and some days they won't. Just let them know you will be there when they need you. It is ok to cry and also to laugh with the parents. Take your clues from them. Sometimes when we are with my s-i-l we don't know what to say or do but she knows we are there. My son had his hs grad. the weekend my niece would have turned 15. It was a tough weekend for everyone but we were all there to support each other. We shed a lot of tears knowing that my niece would never take part in any of the things we all think about as parents(graduation, prom, college, marriage, haveing children) These low points will be triggered by everyday things and there will be lots of good days and bad days. My thoughts are with you and your friends. Just be there for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!