Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

As far as your proposal I totally accept! I'll let Loki and Thor know! :thumbsup2 I'm sure they will be down.

They can be bridesmaids! Although I'd like to have them dressed as their respective characters. And instead of wedding dresses we could dress as the Hulk and Iron Man. And Captain America would be there too of course. That's it, I'm making a pinterest board.

:laughing:

He's such a sweetheart isn't he? We had so much fun making that for you! ::yes:::laughing:

julia-and-tom-2.gif

This gif is actual perfection. I just googled him and at the top of the page there's an article called, "Tom Hiddleston in South Sudan: Children deserve a chance of a childhood."

0db13c80-9350-0132-1dee-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif

I think we officially just started our Tom Hiddleston Dis fan club! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30868-1388426116-20.gif

Bahahaha the obsession is real :lovestruc

Now I really hope Jamie isn't your brother! :scared1: :rotfl:

:laughing: imagine if you ran into the same photographer twice, and the first time he made you kiss, and the second time you told him you were brother and sister :rotfl: aca-awkward.

OH MY GOD JAMIE LOOK OUT!!!!!

happy-look-out-o.gif

And that's how he died. :sad2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

giphy.gif

:rotfl2:

I love me some Primarni!

It's really upped its game in terms of Disney clothes!!!

Um, first time on Star Tours, and my five year old was the rebel spy! I thought of you in that moment. :tiptoe:

WHAT! Haha! That's so lucky!!! We STILL didn't get it this year! I hope your son appreciated the opportunity :rotfl:

Aww! We had the same thing the night we went to MNSSHP this year! The PP was really tall and had a really tall tripod, so the angle completely had us blocking out the castle. I was a little sad when I noticed this.

It's such a shame when you line up for a while to get a photo and they turn out bad! Thankfully we always get plenty of nice ones as well, I hope you did too :goodvibes

Super adorbs!!

Thanks!

Ugh! I go through this all the time too! This year, on one ride I was 3 people away! Sooooooooo close!

We were sat directly in front of the rebel spy this year! We STILL never got it ! :sad2: We have a pact that when one of us gets to be the rebel spy that person gets to buy the "I am the rebel spy" shirt from the Star Tours shop!

latest

I love Digestive Biscuits!!! My "second family" (They have been best friends and neighbors of our family for 20 years) is from Scotland so they had introduced them to me. When I went to Scotland with them I was introduced to the ones with the chocolate dipped side! HEAVEN! I love to dip them in coffee! We luckily can get them in a grocery store in our area that has international foods.

Chocolate digestives are the greatest biscuits on the planet :love: I'm so glad you've experienced them and get to buy them at your grocery store! Although if you want to act British you need to dip them in tea, not coffee :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Me too!! I'm so glad you're back! Please don't leave that long again!

I won't I promise!

latest

That's cause he's the best :rotfl:
Gshd3LLdPrLdC.gif

He really is!

63578105140944659179531532_when%20you%20try%20to%20act%20profesh.gif

WHAT THE WHAT...yes very cute pictures but obviously that PP wasn't paying attention in PP 101 class...like don't place your subjects in FRONT OF THE CASTLE. Jeez...:headache:

I know?! At least it wasn't blurry... We had some blurry pictures this year which made me MAD! ...Well, as mad as you can get at Disney..

1188796.gif

YAY FOR BROCCOLIVILLE!! I have a questions...was the broccoli seasoned at all? Or is it just plain, steamed broccoli? Inquiring minds would like to know for their next trip :scratchin

I'm pretty sure it's just plain steamed? That's how I like it anyway, but Jamie always puts salt and pepper on his so I don't think it's seasoned as it comes :confused3

HOLD THE PHONES. I didn't know that was there either!! Now I need to look for that when I am there next year!

Right!? It's so easy to miss!

I'm interested to see how your recent trip was crowd wise! I have been reading stories of it being a lot more crowded than in years past :crowded:

It was BUSY! Well, not too bad, but much busier than last year! Particularly at Epcot Food and Wine Festival... Jamie said that in future he'd rather go in early September again and sacrifice F&W! We like it to be as quiet as possible :goodvibes

Oh my god, I love him :rotfl:
NDz6jE0rf5S7e.gif

We've been watching Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA, it is hilaaaarious :laughing:

Poor guy! I hope he got to be the Rebel Spy on your last trip!!

NO NEITHER OF US DID AGAIN!!!!

1188796.gif

...again :laughing:

Well that calls for some of this:
14letBO92FoewU.gif

This is exactly what we did on the plane home :rotfl:

Ginger Nuts. GINGER NUTS?? Your country is being represented by GINGER. NUTS. I'd be upset too! :rotfl:;)

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

How could the photographer not realize that you're not even centered in between the pumpkins properly?! I know these aren't 'professional' photographers but COME ON!

I know?! It's the way he repositioned us away from a good angle into this stupid one :confused3 oh well, we got more good photopass pictures than bad so it's ok really :)

That's right! And for me, they don't count everywhere else either! :blush::lmao: I'm such a fatty.

Haha me neither really, but I don't really have any excuses when I'm home :rotfl:

Thanks! It was like £5 :thumbsup2 :laughing: I'M CHEAP.

Oh yuck. Thank goodness it wasn't something that has a strong smell like BBQ sauce or something:crazy2:

You're totally right, I'm not a fan of BBQ sauce so that would've been awful!

What the heck?! :rotfl: That is literally super random. It was just a regular clear straw right?!

Yeah, as in, I was holding my cup on my lap, and the kid ran up and grabbed the straw as if he was about to drink from it! Thankfully his mum grabbed him before he did! Otherwise I'd be expecting a brand new drink, not just the straw! :crazy2:

You two are saints! :angel:

We just love animals.. If it had been a lost child we would've carried on walking.. :thumbsup2 (I'M JOKING)

Brilliant! How hard is it though not to smile?

Super difficult! For me at least. You should try it next time you go, I think it actually makes the shoot off more intense :goodvibes

OMGOSH, my next update I have photographic evidence to prove that this is EXACTLY us! :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to it! Please show me that we're not the only couple like this :laughing:

I need this. (as if I don't have enough at home :rolleyes2) But I don't have a Muppets one :teacher: Sooo...

I always come back from Disney with a mug of some sort, and we have absolutely NO room in the cupboard as it is, I feel your pain! From this year I have an Epcot mug, two Trader Sam's glasses and a Halloween souvenir mug still just sitting on the counter looking decorative because the cupboard is too full... First world problems :rotfl:

I can't remember, is this how it always is at DHS? I thought each resort had its own stop?

I always think they all have their own stops too but apparently not on this night. This year we were at the Poly and we always shared with the Grand Floridian :confused3

How many days away was F&W from when you left?

We left on the 16th and I think it started on the 19th. We got to take full advantage of it this year though!

These look so comfy. Want. I may as well give DH your TR and tell him that everything on here, I want for Christmas. ::yes::

A Disney Christmas list sounds perrrfect. I always half-ignored the merchandise around World Showcase, because I just wanted to spend my $$$ on Disney stuff.. But I'm still so in love with these shorts! Everything is so cute in the Canada store :goodvibes

I am totally going to buy that shirt too!!

Chocolate digestives are the greatest biscuits on the planet :love: I'm so glad you've experienced them and get to buy them at your grocery store! Although if you want to act British you need to dip them in tea, not coffee

lol! I will have to try that! A nice English Breakfast?

I know! My Mum and I used to take trips to New York every year, but then we got the dog, and now she won't leave the country because she can't bear the thought of leaving him alone!!!! :laughing: Dogs really are a member of the family though right :goodvibes
Aw that's so sweet! They truly are.

Haha thanks! It's from a really cheap shop here in the UK called Primark, it's kinda like Forever 21 :goodvibes
Oh cool!
Yay it's coming soon!! I'll post the last few updates here, then post a link to a new one!
Ok great! :goodvibes

After getting to bed after 2am last night, we were up and at ‘em at 7am for our 8:45am reservation at Crystal Palace!

Whoa. That's hard core.
I approve.

There was no one else waiting at the dock, so we had a nice, private cruise.

Of course you did. Didn't you see the sign saying "Reserved for Jamie & Katie"?

But he was moving us into position, and he was telling us to shuffle to the right, and he ended up completely centralising Jamie (who is over 6ft tall), and consequentially blocked off pretty much the entire castle?

That's just bad photography.
If the point was to get you guys and the pumpkins, fine.
But since they're obviously place to frame the castle...

Surely it’s better to get the castle like, right between our heads?!
Or over a shoulder or above you... but not hidden.
Definitely not hidden.

But whatever, they’re still nice pictures, and I got some more OK castle shots of my own, so it ain’t no thaaang.

It is too a thaaang. That was very poor framing.
Maybe if some tourist had taken it, but you paid for that.
Surely, since he/she's stationed there, someone would've said something like
"Okay. You take photos here. Make sure you get the castle in the background."

Ah. That's it. It's so obvious that no one said it.

Aww, aren’t we presh.

Yesh.

As we wandered around Main Street, I took the following photo purely because (as you may have guessed) I am obsessed with my dog, who is called Stanley, and it made me smile to see his name right below Walt Disney’s name on these official Magic Kingdom construction signs :lovestruc

Awww... And just how much were you missing him right about then?

(I’m so lame.)

You expect me to make a joke at your expense here, don't you?

Nope.
I love my pup too.

That's so weird.
I don't know if it's because Halloween just happened or what.
But when I first glanced at that sign, I thought it said:
Buffet with Chocorites

Those sausages look like crossed legs.

CALORIES DON’T COUNT WHEN YOU’RE IN DISNEY.

It's science.

Jamie was going to just take pictures of me with the characters, but Tigger insisted he gave him a hug!

22326943591_361d9b2bfd_b.jpg

Ha! Was he feeling awkward?

(I didn’t boost any saturation on this photo – Tigger really is radioactive orange.)

My eyes! My eyes!!!!

How super adorable is this little hold we have on each other :lovestruc

super adorbs.

Eventually, Eeyore found our table.
I got up to say hello, but he’d spotted my bag! So he waddled over to it, and started clapping and bouncing up and down!!!!!

I’m going to start pointing and clapping at things that I like.

What do you mean "going to start"?

By the time we’d met Eeyore we were pretty full and ready to leave, but I REALLY wanted to meet Pooh.

Yes, Pooh happens after one is full.

We didn’t want to just sit there waiting, so I grabbed a cinnamon bun and FORCED it down.

What a hard life I lead.

You poor, poor thing! How you must have suffered!

We left Crystal Palace just after 10am, and we headed over to Dumbo!
I couldn’t believe we hadn’t been on it yet.
It’s such a classic attraction!

Last on it in 2005.
I might ride it again... for pictures.
But, as you found out, tough to get and not be blurry.

The sky looked really pretty behind Peter Pan too.

::yes:: Nice shot!

This picture is so funny to me, Jamie is way too cool for school while I’m loving my Disney life :lovestruc

Katie: "Whee! I'm in Disney!"
Jamie: "I am sitting in an immobile elephant."

This photo also cracks me up, because our “concentration faces” are total opposites.
Jamie’s face is really animated, while I’m super gormless.
No wonder I’m a Hufflepuff.

And this time Jamie made it!
Here he’s quietly cocky, while I’m still Hufflepuffing it up

He does look pretty cocky there.
You need to beat him.

Although Jamie gave Eeyore the victory this time.

Great, now my score's being topped by a stuffed donkey.

I was amused because while everyone else was parting for the parade route, Jamie just casually strolled down the middle of Main Street, completely oblivious to the fact that he was about to get mowed down by Disney characters…

:laughing: Love that shot!
Look! It's Mr. Oblivious!

I went down the side of Crystal Palace.

22129364888_f2d1576548_b.jpg

Oh, no! Did you wind up going all the way down into the water??

(Beautiful shot, though.)

Plus I didn’t have my thanksgiving pants on.

I know of this fountain. I know of the crown part of it, too.
But I've never seen it.

When I arrived in Fantasyland I went to Sir Mickey’s, to find the giant!
It actually baffles me how long I missed this for.

Never been in there and didn't know about that!

This shop is adorable. I love the more specific merchandise, rather than all the general Walt Disney World stuff.

Might have to take a peak next time.

You may have guessed that I don't go into many shops.

I realised I was starting to melt,

idina-menzel-im-melting.gif

Very nice shot, Katie!

I sat next to a woman who told me her side of the row was really wet so maybe we should both scooch up and sit on my side.

So we did just that, but when we went down the hill, the water came up over my side of the boat, and we both got SOAKED.

She was probably a plant who knew if you skootched to one side you'd get soaked.

The ride ended and I grabbed some water from the Pirates store, then headed towards the exit.

Is this special pirate water to soak people with?

And of course this guy spat at me.
As he does EVERY time I walk past him.

:laughing: I like watching him.
Especially when he hits unsuspecting people and they have no idea where it came from.

On the way down Main Street I ran into the citizens and their Fall Trolley Show!

Oh, look. It's "Some Performers"

:rolleyes1

Epcot seemed busier than usual. There was a CRAZY 10 minute wait at Spaceship Earth…!
WHAT.
Where have all these people come from?!

:laughing: That seems to be the norm there.
If you show up at just the right (wrong?) time, there's a wait.

Come back in 10-15 minutes and the wait will be zero.

I was being such a crowd-brat.

Katie's a crowd-brat! Katie's a crowd-brat!*

*Chanted in an annoying tone while pointing.

I stopped to briefly admire the Fountain of Nations. I really like these two photos.

Me too. Nice.

I needed to buy another pickle ornament!

And ice cream! Pickles and ice cream!

Whups. Sorry. Different thing altogether.

The girl at the register was so nice. I loved her.
She called me “princess” about 20 times princess:

SHE KNOWS.

:lmao:

I went back outside and oh my gosh, it was SO warm. These last couple of days had been crazy hot! My face was melting.

idina-menzel-im-melting.gif

I got changed and put on this cute Pinocchio top.

At first I was "She swims in a shirt and shorts?"
Then I noticed the bathing suit tie peaking up in the mirror.

so we went back inside and napped for 2 hours!
We had only slept 5 hours the night before!

Hmpf. And here I thought you were so tough.

Disappointed.

I got my fave turkey sandwich, and Jamie got pastrami.
(By the end of the meal, he realised he didn’t like pastrami :laughing:)

Of course, as I was walking out of the door, the mayo fell off the sandwich box and EXPLODED on the ground..

MAYO BOMB!

22318203455_dd3a7dbeb8_b.jpg

I knew this! Everyone at Disney was talking about the Great Mayo incident of 2014!

But still… How embarrassing. Gordon Ramsey should’ve been there to sort my life out for me.

giphy.gif

:lmao: :rotfl:

We had missed our first two FPs, but thankfully we had one to use at Tower, you know, because it was soooo busy.. (note: sarcasm)

Well, it was busy when we went.
And a good thing we had our FP.

I really enjoy the Disneybounding girls in front of us in this picture!
How cute!

Also like how you're holding up Eeyore.

We left the store and the Frozen fireworks were starting!
So we grabbed a drink nearby and sat on the wall opposite Rock n Roller Coaster to watch!

What a great spot!

During the fireworks, a kid ran up to me and grabbed my straw with his grubby little hands!!!
Luckily Mom was nearby, and she was so apologetic! It was funny. She ran to find me a new straw, bless her heart.

That whole incident is bizarre.

Then we went next door to ride Star Tours!
WE STILL WEREN’T THE REBEL SPY.

So.... ya just gotta keep trying then.

I see more trips in your future.

As we were heading to our next destination, we saw some kids chasing a family of three ducks near the Hall of Fame Plaza :sad2:

Where are the parents?
Wait. Let me guess. Sitting on their collective butts while someone else parents their kids.

yes it's a pet peeve of mine.

It was very boring, as you can see.

22318093245_1f9fb15c6f_b.jpg

Well, it is a pretty dull ride.
Really no different from IASW, right?

(Well, done on the pic, though!)

Next, we were really in the mood to play Toy Story Mania, so we decided to just face the 45-minute line.

We actually got through it in about 20 minutes!

That's not bad at all!

And as an added bonus, I won :thumbsup2

Atta girl.

(I am not a humble winner, and Jamie is not a gracious loser, so these situations can get a little obnoxious. I'm not sure how we ended up together :laughing:)

Good! Rub it in! Make him squirm! :laughing:

We went in a couple of stores and I found the Kermit mug from the Muppet shop, so I bought it for Mother :goodvibes

Score!

By the time ours arrived, there were SO many people waiting in line, and it turned out we had to share a bus between the Contemporary, the Polynesian AND the Grand Floridian.

What? That's.... weird.
And not well thought out, I'd think.

TOMORROW IS OUR LAST FULL DAY!!!

Boo!!!!

IT’S OUR LAST DAY!

:sad:

Sadness.

Extreme. Sadness.

Must. Not. Think. Of.... It.

Today Jamie fancied relaxing in the sun, but I was ready to hit the parks!

What the what? Time to ditch him for someone who'll hit the parks as much as you want to.

You can rent me, but Ruby insists I come home for the night, so I might not be your best option.

A good option... but perhaps not the best.

Oh, who am I kidding.
Of course I'm the best.

Say it. Say I'm the best. You can do it.

and even more last day sadness hit us when we found THIS monstrosity.

It's like they want to rub it in your face.
"Oh, leaving? YES YOU ARE! TOMORROW! HA!"

Jamie said he’d come if I wanted, but I didn’t want to drag him around. I know his limits and I think he probably hit them after day 3!!

See?
Cut him loose.

There was a family in our carriage who hadn’t been to Disney World since the parents were kids!
They were asking the rest of us for advice on what to do. The Mom got sick for 3 hours after riding Everest, so we strongly advised her against Mission Space orange team!

Good advice.

I headed to the Canada pavilion, it’s so beautiful!

Of course it is.

These soaps are awesome!
There’s bear breath, sasquatch sweat, beaver butt and moose spit (among others), but they all smell really good!!

And that's pretty much all we have in the entire Country.
Soap.
And plenty of it.

Well, that and beavers. It's tough going anywhere in your dogsled without bumping into them.

I also fell in love with these pajama shorts, I went back and bought them the next day!

::yes:: I can totally see you in them.

I mean that in a non-pervy way. I mean they suit you.

I find it funny that this is the stuff that we’re showcasing.
They’re not exactly national treasures :laughing:
Like, "Hello world, I’m British and I’m so proud of our Jacob’s Cream Crackers and Branston Pickle.."

And yet, as a non-Brit, I have no idea.
"Jacob's Cream Crackers... this must be a national pride item!"

I left and walked past this little wedding area..
Swoon.
A girl can dream.. :lovestruc

I hope Jamie (If you haven't cut him loose as I suggested) is reading this!
Hey! Dude! The girl's got dreams! Listen up!

I headed over to France, their ice cream store is cuuuute.

Sheesh. I totally didn't even see that.

thanks for the awesome update, girly!
Can't wait for the rest!
(Although I suspect it will end with copious amounts of tears.)

Day 14
(September 15th 2014)
Three parks, one day.
Part 2 – World Showcase and packing. BOO.

Time to hit Japan!
I went straight into the Mitzukoshi department store, of course.

22306620072_d24a89b33c_b.jpg

This store is full of great Japanese things, many of which are recognisable, such as Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Hello Kitty, etc.

The atmosphere is also brought to life by the Pick A Pearl concession!
The people who work here are super duper enthusiastic, even if you don’t want a pearl, it’s fun just to stand and watch.

21698497853_17d8f03a5e_b.jpg

I left without buying anything, and went to see the giant koi fish!

22293522726_1ccf94aaee_b.jpg

They are so huge!
My goldfish is 19 years old (no, mother swears she never replaced him! At the age of 24 I’m sure she’d tell me now if she did :laughing:) and he’s way too big for his little tank, I bet he’d love to live here.

22131539400_6267288cb8_b.jpg

22131818498_867e261cdd_b.jpg

Right when I was walking past to leave, the Japanese Matsuriza drummers came out..
They were clearly playing just for me.

22319544825_c6a85c797e_c.jpg

Thank you, thank you.

22131805868_06f0f8af62_b.jpg

Right before the American Adventure I spotted a very odd mix of characters out meeting… There was Goofy, Pluto and Donald, as well as Baloo and Rafiki…?! It looked fun. There was no rhyme or reason to it :confused3 :laughing:

22330128801_3e28bfd76f_b.jpg

I considered seeing the American Adventure but it was SO hot, I was just craving a mango slush from Joy of Tea in the China pavilion. So I continued to speed through World Showcase.

22132677949_5b826e736c_b.jpg

22131501670_6b2e3d4dd8_b.jpg

YAY.

21698443493_0a113cef15_b.jpg

22131777708_886cd8f529_c.jpg

I got the mango green tea slush, oh my gosh, it was delicious and so refreshing on a hot day. I’ve also heard the strawberry oolong is great too, although I’ve never tried it. This one really hit the spot!

I left the park after this. I needed to go cool down!

However there were some Disney research CMs with iPads near the exit, and the one who approached me was really cute with a beauuutiful smile :teeth:, so of course I stopped to answer his survey (sorry Jamie!!!)

I got to the monorail station and there was one waiting right there for me. Disney magic.

As we rolled into the Grand I saw a water aerobics class at the pool, and I thought how funny it would be to see Jamie in there busting out the moves with them :rotfl:

22330103511_606cf551d7_c.jpg

22330097161_91a43c2a39_b.jpg

21698425363_3b4aef58af_b.jpg

21698419573_0a755eb9ca_b.jpg

Jamie was still right where I left him in the room, but apparently he had been to the pool for an hour and a half.
Maybe for some water aerobics, maybe not. We will never know.

We watched some Friends (“Cheese… It’s milk… That you chew.”) and started to pack up our stuff :sad:.

Argh packing to go home is just the worst. There’s just so much fun to be had. Disney should definitely have a packing service, right?! I would pay a fair price to have someone pack up my room for me!

While we were packing, near the corner armchair we spotted a random toothpaste cap… Wait for it… WITH FRESH TOOTHPASTE STILL INSIDE.
This definitely wasn't there before, and it didn't belong to us...

We concluded that room 9513 has a ghost with very good dental hygiene.
:teeth:

21698414893_4594db686d_b.jpg

The last time I would see this bed freshly made!!!!!!
Sadness.

22293441876_dd25c99316_c.jpg

I decided to have a look at everything I’d bought.

21696719934_acec3fb0b0_b.jpg

Also, here are the six mini popcorn bags I bought for mother. It’s great because the cheese one is the only horrible one (in our opinion), but my dog loves it! So he gets a gift too. It works out perfectly.

21698402693_e9d2c0f22a_b.jpg

22293429466_b838d25e3a_b.jpg

Pretty soon it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom!
I was seriously running low on clean clothes! So I dressed up kinda nice for our last night :goodvibes

21698395063_c92c259ff3_c.jpg

We left at 5pm, and the pianist was playing in the lobby.
What a special way to go out to our last night in the parks!
I had to capture these moments, because I'd no longer be posh this time tomorrow
:laughing: :sad: :laughing: :sad: :laughing:

22131442100_6d8a4c0601_b.jpg

Click for Day 14, Part 3!

Last edited:
Day 14
(September 15th 2014)

Three parks, one day.
Part 3 - A magical last night

As soon as we arrived at the Magic Kingdom we realised that something seemed a bit odd…
As we headed straight around to our Splash FP we realised what it was.
Oh my gosh, it was SO busy.
And it was Monday night.
What the heck?!?
If you've been reading along with this trip report you'll know that the entire trip has been SO quiet. So this was OUTRAGEOUS to us :laughing:

22134718808_8cf2dc4125_b.jpg

Gahhh!
This made leaving a little easier I guess.

We got to Splash at 5:21pm, 1 minute after our window :scared1:
The CM told us there’s usually a 5 minute leeway on the system so everything worked out.
Anyway, the standby line was 40 minutes! That was unheard of this trip. It felt so good walking straight past that line :laughing:

Unfortunately I don’t have the photopass picture for some reason :sad2:

Straight after Splash we had our second FP at Big Thunder. That had a 30-minute standby line! We were in shock. I know these are pretty normal wait times, but like I said before, we are crowd-brats!

After Big Thunder we went to Broccoliville! (aka Columbia Harbour House.)
We’re such creatures of habit. I just LOVE that chicken pot pie. We both got our big heaps of broccoli and a side of fries to share.

22296396236_8b11186c4a_b.jpg

Throughout the meal Jamie just kept aggressively saying,

“I LOVE BROCCOLIIIIIII!!!”

He even suggested getting a side of broccoli to snack on around the park :laughing:
I guess that's better than my constant craving of Nutella fruit waffles.

After our delicious meal we went to use our Space Mountain FP, but unfortunately it had broken down and they were just sending people out.
They said we’d be able to ride with a FP if it came back on later.

We went over to Buzz and to Jamie’s horror, there was a 25 minute wait!
We didn’t really believe it though, and sure enough, we were on in about 10 minutes.
There was a gorgeous service dog behind us in line! It was like a shaven poodle or something? It looked like a sheep.

Anyway, obviously Jamie maxxed out his score.

22309468512_bd37a5ea51_b.jpg

After Buzz we walked through New Fantasyland and I went into Bonjour! Village Gifts and bought this LUMIERE CANDLESTICK.

22309363382_650e57c4f2_c.jpg

:love::lovestruc:love::lovestruc:love:
Ugh it’s so awesome. It’s battery powered and the flames light up and even flicker like a real candle! I love it so much.

I never get my purchases sent to my room because being from England, it’s a huge hassle if anything goes missing and I have to get it shipped back home. And this was a huuuge box.
I should’ve at least bought it at the end of the night. Duhhh.

Anyway after I bought Lumiere we walked around to Sleepy Hollow to finally satisfy that constant craving!

22333030801_bd5544c0a9_b.jpg

21699671734_a917c22c62_b.jpg

Nutella Fresh Fruit Waffle :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

It wasn’t as nicely presented as my first one, but it was still the most delicious thing ever.

22309459722_fa4563e562_b.jpg

Once I’d bought this we went back over to Tomorrowland and went into Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies to get Jamie an ice cream sundae!
He got vanilla with caramel sauce.

22333013151_690998bda5_b.jpg

We sat down outside the People Mover to eat our snacks whilst listening to the Incredibles dance party.
party:

22296369356_18d2127d9e_b.jpg

These Nutella waffles are so amazing, yum and wow. I ate it so quickly.

Since we were right outside, we went on the People Mover.
We were acting goofy as usual.

22134392520_9ca1af3a38_b.jpg

This was a really special ride through because Space Mountain was still down, and all the lights were on!

22135555419_f91a071ba8_b.jpg

21699648384_c2c2dcd8df_b.jpg

Cool!!!!!!

Afterwards we went back to Buzz.
Our problem is so real.

Buzz’s face when he sees us AGAIN:

(Dramatic eye-roll :laughing:)

22134382550_b14090569f_c.jpg

Whatever Buzz, you think you’re all that, but you clearly can’t protect the Galaxy by yourself.

I came closer this time! And Jamie didn’t quite make it.

22134626238_06eaee23ce_b.jpg

Jamie still hates that he can’t fit in the cage at the end of the ride, so we got creative and got a picture of him “breaking free”.
That way he can pretend that he was actually in there, so just humour him… :thumbsup2

22134378290_e2d6e18aa1_c.jpg

After Buzz we went over to Space Mountain and it was back open!
So we jumped on!

22309425712_b767f47538_c.jpg

22134349370_7cbf360756_b.jpg

By this point it was 8:45pm and we had to finish packing!
So we headed out :sad:
Ugh I love the parks at night-time so much.

As we left Tomorrowland Jamie kept saying,
“Say goodbye to that pole. Say goodbye to that bin. Say goodbye to that light.”
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME.
I started to say “Goodbye… Until tomorrow…” :thumbsup2

Errrm of course I was coming back tomorrow morning, our Magical Express isn’t until 3:20pm!

As we walked up Main Street, Celebrate the Magic was on. Thank goodness the CMs keep a walkway clear, it was crazy busy!

22135528209_c7cfcf7887_b.jpg

When we got to the train station I told Jamie that if we watched the fireworks from here we’d be the first ones out of the park and wouldn’t have a problem getting back to the resort quickly…?!
He was pretty tired and wasn’t really feeling it, so HE went back to the resort while I stuck around to watch Wishes from the station!

22134359390_8534cc1d0e_b.jpg

It was really busy up there. At first the only spot I could find was behind the stairway opening in the middle of the platform.
It was a pretty bad view because I couldn’t see all the way up into the sky, and of course, the two tallest men on the planet were stood right in front of me :laughing:
(His head is lowered in this picture, imagine him stood up straight!)

22322362205_0a35bf491f_b.jpg

The show started and I really couldn’t see any of the fireworks :sad2:
This was the best picture I got.

22134629488_b2709ffa13_b.jpg

But about half way through the show a group of people left, and nobody filled their spot!
So I sneaked in, YAY.
There was even a table for me to sit on!
Everything worked out so well for my last Wishes of the year.
THANK YOU to the people who left! You are a truly magical family.

22322340675_c421b9d4da_c.jpg

22322336235_4ce881f194_b.jpg

22134325690_f212a0a64a_c.jpg

22566996400_8b69b2d861_b.jpg

YAY.

As soon as the show ended I headed out of the park.

I decided to get the boat as it goes right to the Grand (compared with the resort monorail which stops at the Contemporary, TTC, Poly, then the Grand.)

While I was waiting for the boat to arrive the Electric Water Pageant showed up!

22322327845_5ddaf6f3c1_b.jpg

A boat pulled up fairly quickly, and the captain came to us and said Princess Parker was about to get off the boat and it’s her birthday! On the boat ride over she thought that the fireworks were just for her birthday! How adorable. We were asked to wish her a happy birthday as she came past, which of course we all did.

This little girl was absolutely precious, we all clapped and everyone said “happy birthday princess!” She was so humble and sweet, and quietly said “thank you” to everyone with a huge smile on her face.
It was so cute!

We boarded the boat and were back at the resort in no time.

22134607408_e459265133_b.jpg

22135482139_bac52b358a_c.jpg

I got back to the room at around 9:40pm. I wrote some trip notes from the day and I didn’t start packing until 10:45pm!
But I got finished around midnight so it wasn’t too bad.

Wait, what do I mean “it wasn’t too bad”?
We’re packing to leave Disney.
IT’S THE WORST THING EVER.

GOODBYE FROM OUR LAST NIGHT AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

* End of Day 14 *

Click for Day 15, Part 1!

Last edited:
They can be bridesmaids! Although I'd like to have them dressed as their respective characters. And instead of wedding dresses we could dress as the Hulk and Iron Man. And Captain America would be there too of course. That's it, I'm making a pinterest board.

I am totally up for all of this! Now who do you want to be Hulk or Iron Man? I'm leaning toward Iron Man as green isn't really my colour! :laughing: Can Captain America be the flower girl? Oh! And can Nick Fury be the officiant? :hyper: This is going to be the best wedding ever! :rotfl:

This gif is actual perfection. I just googled him and at the top of the page there's an article called, "Tom Hiddleston in South Sudan: Children deserve a chance of a childhood."

0db13c80-9350-0132-1dee-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif

I saw that! Urg can he get any more perfect??

giphy.gif

4198478.gif

Bahahaha the obsession is real :lovestruc

It so is! :love:

tumblr_lsq54xLbkA1r0rh9wo1_500.gif

He even gets Disney! :lovestruc

tumblr_mbifhobAbQ1ry1a4mo1_500.gif

:laughing: imagine if you ran into the same photographer twice, and the first time he made you kiss, and the second time you told him you were brother and sister :rotfl: aca-awkward.

That would be hilarious! I mean awkward! :rotfl:

22306620072_d24a89b33c_b.jpg

Those are adorable!

However there were some Disney research CMs with iPads near the exit, and the one who approached me was really cute with a beauuutiful smile :teeth:, so of course I stopped to answer his survey (sorry Jamie!!!)

Well if he wants to stay in the room he can't complain! :laughing:

As we rolled into the Grand I saw a water aerobics class at the pool, and I thought how funny it would be to see Jamie in there busting out the moves with them :rotfl:

That would have been epic! :lmao:

Jamie was still right where I left him in the room, but apparently he had been to the pool for an hour and a half.
Maybe for some water aerobics, maybe not. We will never know.

I think we should all image that he did join in! It makes the world a better place! :rotfl:

:teeth:

21698414893_4594db686d_b.jpg

There is nothing worse than a ghost with bad breath! :rotfl:

Stinkie.jpg

I love all your swag!

Also, here are the six mini popcorn bags the popcorn I bought for mother. It’s great because the cheese one is the only horrible one (in our opinion), but my dog loves it! So he gets a gift too. It works out perfectly.

21698402693_e9d2c0f22a_b.jpg

22293429466_b838d25e3a_b.jpg

Bleh! Cheese popcorn?? :crazy2:

NvbOGZm.gif

I was seriously running low on clean clothes! So I dressed up kinda nice for our last night :goodvibes

So prettyful :cutie:

What the heck?!?
If you've been reading along with this trip report you'll know that the entire trip has been SO quiet. So this was OUTRAGEOUS to us :laughing:

Gahhh!

Yikes! :scared:

Too-many-people_7f7610_5006211.gif

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: I love that he was aggressively saying it!

V8OUR6F.gif

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I went into Bonjour! Village Gifts and bought this LUMIERE CANDLESTICK.

:love::lovestruc:love::lovestruc:love:

That is amazing!

You look so happy! :goodvibes

These Nutella waffles are so amazing, yum and wow. I ate it so quickly.

All hail Queen Stacey! :worship:

22134392520_9ca1af3a38_b.jpg

I would say this was more Donald then Goofy! That is some serious duck face! :rotfl:

This was a really special ride through because Space Mountain was still down, and all the lights were on!

22135555419_f91a071ba8_b.jpg

21699648384_c2c2dcd8df_b.jpg

Okay this is legitimately terrifying! I much prefer it in the dark! :scared1:

So sassy Buzz! Letting out you're inner Lucille Bluth!

giphy.gif

Jamie still hates that he can’t fit in the cage at the end of the ride, so we got creative and got a picture of him “breaking free”.
That way he can pretend that he was actually in there, so just humour him… :thumbsup2

22134378290_e2d6e18aa1_c.jpg

Clearly he hit the water aerobics too hard! :laughing:

This little girl was absolutely precious, we all clapped and everyone said “happy birthday princess!” She was so humble and sweet, and quietly said “thank you” to everyone with a huge smile on her face.
It was so cute!

Awwwww! :goodvibes

But I got finished around midnight so it wasn’t too bad.

Wait, what do I mean “it wasn’t too bad”?
We’re packing to leave Disney.
IT’S THE WORST THING EVER.

GOODBYE FROM OUR LAST NIGHT AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Day 15
(September 16th 2014)

Now it’s time to say goodbye…
Part 1 - Last minute shopping and splashing

SADNESSSSSSSS.

22310177342_4d47ecce59_b.jpg

The last day blues are so real.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

We got up at 9am and watched some Stacey. I don’t know if that’s a great decision on our last morning or a terrible one.

“Hey look at all this great Disney World stuff that you’re leaving behind!”

22310171992_5b142a8aaa_b.jpg

I miss Stacey. I think we’re secret soul mates.

Leaving was actually made a little easier by the fact that it was a really cloudy morning. It seemed like we got GREAT weather compared to the following weeks. I read all over the Dis that it was constantly raining from this moment onwards.
We really couldn’t have picked a better two weeks.

22297088996_739457d25c_b.jpg

Our little dormer balcony :lovestruc

22135401028_6be93d6dc1_b.jpg

While we were packing up the last of our stuff Jamie realised that all of his disposable contact lenses had disappeared!
They were in foil packaging in the bathroom that must’ve been mistaken for litter and thrown away by housekeeping!

Not cool!!!

He had to wear his glasses, but he doesn’t like walking around in them (his depth perception gets thrown off apparently.)

y38R77.gif

So unfortunately he chose to stay in the lobby with the bags between check out and the Tragical Express.
He looked on the bright side though, and was relieved that they went missing on the last day and not the first! He would have been completely screwed!

We also noticed that our ponchos had disappeared too! They were only cheap ones so we would’ve thrown them out ourselves anyway, but still! WEIRD!

(Jamie thought that housekeeping had taken one of his Galactic Hero buttons too :rotfl2::rotfl:
He obviously found it still attached to his t-shirt when we got home :lmao:
Still we were amused at the thought of seeing a member of housekeeping in the hallway putting in some contact lenses whist wearing a poncho and a Galactic Hero button :laughing:)

Anyway, we left our beautiful room and checked out at around 11am.

21702041343_82aa6f6105_b.jpg

We found an empty sofa in the lobby and Jamie made himself comfortable. I felt sad for him because he couldn’t come into the parks on our last day, so I stayed with him a while, before he eventually released me :thumbsup2

22297078196_95e72eda9b_c.jpg

21702030283_7975031815_c.jpg

So soon enough I left for Epcot!
I had $50 to spend and about 4 hours of park time left!

I just love these elevated views from the monorail as you roll into Epcot.

21702023013_3927efc117_c.jpg

21702017763_ded6965de3_b.jpg

There was a family in our monorail car whose kids were on their fall break from school this week! That would explain why it was so busy last night.
They said their school year started in August, and another family chimed in to say that their kids school year starts in JULY!
America, your school system is crazy.

I arrived at Epcot at 11:45am and I went straight to the Canada pavilion to get my pyjama shorts! I couldn’t stop thinking about them all night, they were so gosh darn cute. (Photo in the next update.)

22323087605_9eaa95e954_c.jpg

22135362278_7fca7b80d0_b.jpg

The tag on the shorts said $24.95, but I was only charged $18 – including tax! Sweeeet.

This was all I came to Epcot for, so I headed back to the Magic Kingdom.

So many people gaaaah.

21700336054_fa07452602_b.jpg

22310116152_fc433314e0_b.jpg

As I was leaving through the turnstiles, the CM there noted that I only had one carrier bag, and told me I had much more shopping to do today! I WISH PAL! I’m leaving today, waah! :sad:

When I was switching monorails at the TTC I spotted this:

21700322754_1ddf299a7d_b.jpg

There was a whole family in that bus and they kept jumping out of the doors!
If anyone knows of this commercial / poster I’d love to see it to say I was there :thumbsup2

I got on the second monorail at the TTC to go to Magic Kingdom, and we were sat in our compartment for a while waiting for the doors to close.
After a while, these two Chinese women who didn’t speak much English turned to me and asked,
“Epcot?”

Noooooooo!!

I pointed them in the right direction and they hopped off the monorail JUST as the doors were closing!
I bet so many people get the wrong monorail!
Something we noticed recently is how many people get on the monorail at Epcot, and DON’T get off at the TTC…
It's going right back to where you just came from buddy!

Anyway, I arrived at MK at around 12:45pm. YAY last park of the year.
(I enjoy this guys stance as he takes a photo of his family at the pumpkins.)

22135339438_f135f3081c_b.jpg

I walked down Main Street and got the last of my photopass pictures.
How obnoxious is it to wear two magic bands at once…?! :laughing:

22323002425_573ba62d17_c.jpg

22135270568_67379902fe_c.jpg

Move It, Shake It was out, and "Celebrate You" was playing as I walked past!
SADNESS!!!!!!
That’s one of my favourites.

I loved the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade SO much, and I loved when they played Celebrate You in the middle of it, it makes me so warm and fuzzy.

21701975573_8b50354784_b.jpg

I went to Splash Mountain to use my last fastpass of the trip.
The standby line was at 35 minutes so it’s a good thing I booked a fastpass!
Splash was officially the first ride and the last! This trip has come full circle and I’m so happy I could end it this way!

21701966533_cb1a8b67b5_b.jpg

22135030870_943674f275_b.jpg

Jamie always finds Br’er Bear’s exhibitionism hilarious, so I sent him this photo of us “hanging out”, in every sense of that phrase:

22333636421_cbcc4a0626_z.jpg

22333636251_e2e4749f6e_b.jpg

GOODBYE SPLASH :lovestruc

I had a quick look in the Briar Patch store but I didn’t buy anything.

I also went to New Fantasyland to see if Gaston was out but he wasn’t. Oh well.

BYE MINE TRAIN.

22135011570_e7498b9e51_b.jpg

I was getting ready to head back to the hotel, so I gra - SQUIRREL!

22323025505_5993e3d5cd_b.jpg

..... I was getting ready to head back to the hotel, so I grabbed my last few pictures and made my way out.

22323011095_7659ba9270_c.jpg

Click for Day 15, Part 2!

Last edited:
Day 15
(September 16th 2014)

Now it’s time to say goodbye…
Part 2 – The Tragical Express

I wanted to make a dramatic exit in true princess style, so I walked through the castle to leave. princess:

22334040791_2000674e17_b.jpg

22135422680_6763a1f68b_c.jpg

22135416170_c8056630a4_b.jpg

As I walked down Main Street the Philharmonic were out!
Playing me out, of course.

22297384256_cfa741f3da_b.jpg

I still had some spending money left so I went into the Emporium and bought a notebook and a mystery pin. (I waited until I got back to Jamie before opening the pin.)

22310459062_52858f9866_b.jpg

22310453662_6e01cfd091_b.jpg

Goodbye Magic Kingdom!!!!!!!!

See ya real soon!!!

I got on the monorail at about 2pm and arrived back at the Grand shortly after.
Jamie was right where I left him, what a cutie. I was sad that his eyes were causing him some discomfort.

22135679998_692f82d1db_b.jpg

I showed Jamie my new pyjama shorts.
Ugh I love them so much.
(I’m wearing them right now!)

22135388120_b64a4ee410_b.jpg

Here’s the notebook I bought in the Emporium, they also do it in pink.

22297352466_2b4c7b4db9_c.jpg

22135372810_29ab06f7e9_b.jpg

We also opened up my mystery pin and it was the Cheshire Cat!

22323386595_69ebf15578_b.jpg

I put away my new purchases and went to Gasparilla to get some sandwiches.
They didn’t have any turkey again! So I got two ham and swiss.
After I paid I was carrying two sandwiches, two mayos, a bottle of water and a packet of crisps, and thankfully a CM quickly offered me a carrier bag!
No mayo bombs going off today, no sir.

Now all that was left to do was wait for the Tragical Express!

We were sad.

22135373900_256acca2c0_c.jpg

22310425482_1bced31d21_c.jpg

The pianist started playing and omg, I almost lost it.

Keep it together Katie!!!!

At 3:10pm we moved outside to wait for the bus.

While we were waiting we got chatting to THIS GUY!!!

22135374300_bcf246fb20_b.jpg

RICHARD!!!!!

Some of you probably know about Richard, but for those who don’t, Richard has been working as a greeter at the Grand Floridian for around 25 years, and he must be 90 years old now!
He wears a blue name-tag, which I think means he’s received a Disney Legacy award!
And he deserves it too, because he is the sweetest, most polite man ever!

He told us about all about his love for two different kinds of train; he loves locomotives, and carrying the trains of bridal dresses!
How sweet!
We talked a lot about cruises and trains. He was really interested in my experiences with the Eurostar ( - a train that goes under da sea from England to France.)

I absolutely loved this final piece of Disney magic. It was the PERFECT way to say goodbye to the Grand Floridian.
If you ever spot Richard at the Grand I encourage you to go talk to him! He’s super friendly and chatty, and has lots of great stories to share.

Our Tragical Express rolled up so we said goodbye to Richard (as well as taking the above photo), boarded the bus and waved goodbye to the most magical place on earth!!!!

22334001651_58fae0fec5_o.gif

Ugh I’m so dramatic.
But I was SO sad.

I listened to Tapestry of Nations on the way to the airport, it made me emotional.
I sat and stared out of the window the entire ride, I think Jamie was worried about my unresponsiveness, but then I heard the song…

“Now’s the time to say goodbyyyye to all our companyyyy…”

OH GOD NO.

“M-I-C… See ya real soon!
K-E-Y… Why? Because we like you!
M-O-U-S-EEEEEE…”

You guys, I just lost it. I cannot EVER handle that song. It gets me every single year!
It made Jamie laugh that I went from silence to just bursting into tears upon hearing that daft song.

However I felt 2% better knowing that Walt Disney World was cloudy and crowded right now :laughing:

We arrived at MCO and dragged our bags to the drop off desk and everything was completed nice and easily.
I always worry because I get all these e-mails saying “print this” and “make sure to bring this to the airport” – but we never need anything other than ourselves and our passports.

We went to the airport Disney store (because the last two weeks clearly weren’t enough to feed my Disney addiction) and saw a really cute little Oswald plush.
We then saw a sweater with the “it was all started by a mouse” quote.
Jamie went straight into Oswald sympathiser mode, and he went and bought us the Oswald plush, because he felt so sorry for him :rotfl:

I wondered how I was going to explain all of these plush toys to my family whilst still trying to convince them that I'm an adult.

22770653631_b55fb2ede3_o.gif

We rolled straight through security and took the fake-o-rail to gate 81.

We went to Starbucks, Jamie got a chocolate chip frap and I got vanilla bean. I have the vanilla bean every year, it’s my comfort drink at MCO airport.

22333986591_893d65d8f1_c.jpg

22136536839_2311e1096e_c.jpg

We sat by the window at Burger King and wallowed in self-pity.
We wanted to keep busy until the plane so Jamie got out his brain-teaser book, and I went to the store and bought these sweet princess pens for just $3.

22310425872_7e9808d84e_c.jpg

22135659308_d9fb46a2f6_c.jpg

We moved towards our gate at 6:10pm for boarding at 6:40 but we didn’t end up boarding until around 7:20pm. The plane ended up being about an hour delayed with a new take-off time of 7:55pm, but we didn’t care, the more time in Florida the better!

Thankfully the stewards were very quick and generous with the alcohol on this flight.

LORD, I NEEDED IT.

22135691508_7322b4abf5_z.jpg

Oswald had some too.
As well as drowning our sorrows about leaving, we were celebrating his adoption.

22135696708_338a309d98_c.jpg

22136564829_150f1ec4e9_z.jpg

“Remember when someone stole your contact lenses…”

22136579859_f0b7515382_c.jpg

“Good job I brought my glasses!”

22135422820_045408a1c8_c.jpg

We eventually took off around an hour late.

GOODBYE ORLANDO

:sad: :sad: :sad:

These night-flights are always fairly uneventful. We tried to get some sleep but it didn’t really happen.
I got sad again at one point. Jamie tried to cheer me up by asking what my favourite part of the trip was, but the reminiscing made me even more upset!
Good thing the alcohol was free.
I drank my feelings.

22334028081_3d2e84983e_z.jpg

21702360163_e0c2221ab6_c.jpg

We had some food, more drinks, and slept a little bit. I watched the Hunger Games: Catching Fire, and listened to Tapestry of Nations some more. This is the official Disney 2014 song, the emotional connection is strong!

We landed back in England at around 8:15am. The jet lag really messes with us coming home, because it’s early morning and we haven’t slept properly. Getting through the rest of the day is such a struggle!

We waited for our bags to come around on the luggage carousel and I mumbled,
“This is the worst parade EVER.”

It really was. :sad2:

Our bags arrived and we hopped on a train, then mother picked us up from the station and took us home.

It’s officially over!

I spent the day unpacking, napping, looking at my photos and souvenirs and listening to Finding Nemo the Musical.

* sigh *

SADNESS!

Until next year Walt Disney World!!!!!!

:wave2:

22297423116_41b5abb2e5_o.gif

Click here for the wrap-up post!

Last edited:
That’s a wrap!

Well, that’s it! I’ve officially finished my first trip report!
I can’t believe how long it’s taken, but I’ve enjoyed writing it so much!!!
Thank you all for reading along!

If you’ve enjoyed this trip report, you may be interested to know that Jamie and I just got back from another 2 weeks at Walt Disney World!
So I’m starting to write about my 2015 adventure – including a little pre-trip report about the week before WDW, when I was in Disneyland Paris with my family!

To join in with my new trip report, CLICK HERE!!!

And Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! (5 days at DLP / 15 days at the Poly! Sept/Oct 2015)

We were at WDW for our first ever Food and Wine Festival, and we also attended Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! We had so much fun and I’m excited to start reliving the magic!

Thanks again for all of your awesomeness, and I hope to see you over at the new report!!!

:flower3:

Last edited:
Time to hit Japan!

Of course. That place is great.

This store is full of great Japanese things, many of which are recognisable, such as Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Hello Kitty, etc.

Never heard of any of them.

Kidding! :rolleyes1

I left without buying anything, and went to see the giant koi fish!

Because... Giant koi fish.

My goldfish is 19 years old (no, mother swears she never replaced him! At the age of 24 I’m sure she’d tell me now if she did :laughing:)

Every day, when Katie would leave the house.
"Bye folks!" <slam!>

"Quick! She's out! Switch the fish! Hurry! Hurry! Switch them!!!!"

Right when I was walking past to leave, the Japanese Matsuriza drummers came out..
They were clearly playing just for me.

I called ahead and told them to watch for you.
"Can't miss her. She's British."

I got the mango green tea slush, oh my gosh, it was delicious and so refreshing on a hot day.

Is there a strong tea taste to it? Or not much.
I love ice tea (Canadian version, thank you. Not the US version.) but don't love tea.

Don't worry. I got your back.

I made her do it, Jamie!

Argh packing to go home is just the worst. There’s just so much fun to be had. Disney should definitely have a packing service, right?! I would pay a fair price to have someone pack up my room for me!

How about paying a bit more and just staying for another day?

While we were packing, near the corner armchair we spotted a random toothpaste cap… Wait for it… WITH FRESH TOOTHPASTE STILL INSIDE.

That's... odd.

Quite the haul.

Very pretty.

:laughing: Oh, no! Normal lines!

I just LOVE that chicken pot pie.

I never order this. I've had some bad experiences with chicken pot pie.
(And one amusing one as a result.)

How many looks did he get?

There was a gorgeous service dog behind us in line! It was like a shaven poodle or something? It looked like a sheep.

Did it go "Baaaah"?

After Buzz we walked through New Fantasyland and I went into Bonjour! Village Gifts and bought this LUMIERE CANDLESTICK.

How big is that? About the same size as at ETwB?

Nutella Fresh Fruit Waffle :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Had this on the list for Kay when we were there since she loves Nutella, but it never happened.

Since we were right outside, we went on the People Mover.

As usual... natch.

Cool! Not many people see that.

Afterwards we went back to Buzz.
Our problem is so real.

:laughing: Yes. Yes it is!

Dude. You are so just coming out of there. It's so obvious.

Errrm of course I was coming back tomorrow morning, our Magical Express isn’t until 3:20pm!

Yay! It ain't over yet!

He was pretty tired and wasn’t really feeling it, so HE went back to the resort while I stuck around to watch Wishes from the station!

He what?

Instead of watching Wishes with a beautiful girl, he goes back to the hotel????????

Kids these days. :sad2:

It was a pretty bad view because I couldn’t see all the way up into the sky, and of course, the two tallest men on the planet were stood right in front of me :laughing:
(His head is lowered in this picture, imagine him stood up straight!)

Hey! You! Down in front!
And by "down in front", I mean let me stand in front of you... or put me on your shoulders!

This was the best picture I got.

Not bad, actually. Not bad at all.
All of your Wishes shots are very good.

While I was waiting for the boat to arrive the Electric Water Pageant showed up!

Bonus!

A boat pulled up fairly quickly, and the captain came to us and said Princess Parker was about to get off the boat and it’s her birthday! On the boat ride over she thought that the fireworks were just for her birthday! How adorable. We were asked to wish her a happy birthday as she came past, which of course we all did.

It was so cute!

Love stuff like that! Only at Disney!

The last day blues are so real.

Awww... poor Katie.

We got up at 9am and watched some Stacey. I don’t know if that’s a great decision on our last morning or a terrible one.

“Hey look at all this great Disney World stuff that you’re leaving behind!”

You thought she was your friend, but now she's just mocking you.

While we were packing up the last of our stuff Jamie realised that all of his disposable contact lenses had disappeared!
They were in foil packaging in the bathroom that must’ve been mistaken for litter and thrown away by housekeeping!

Really? That's weird. And potentially trip killing.
How would they make that right, I wonder?

So unfortunately he chose to stay in the lobby with the bags between check out and the Tragical Express.
He looked on the bright side though, and was relieved that they went missing on the last day and not the first! He would have been completely screwed!

Was he secretly pleased just to sit and relax?
Or was he wishing he could go out just one more time?

We also noticed that our ponchos had disappeared too! They were only cheap ones so we would’ve thrown them out ourselves anyway, but still! WEIRD!

Poncho theft. The number one crime in Disney.
Meh. Where you're going, you don't need ponchos...

Britain's a dry climate, right?

No?

Still we were amused at the thought of seeing a member of housekeeping in the hallway putting in some contact lenses whist wearing a poncho and a Galactic Hero button :laughing:)

So soon enough I left for Epcot!
I had $50 to spend and about 4 hours of park time left!

Go girl!

There was a family in our monorail car whose kids were on their fall break from school this week! That would explain why it was so busy last night.

Ah. Yes, that would explain it.

They said their school year started in August, and another family chimed in to say that their kids school year starts in JULY!
America, your school system is crazy.

I know, right? School should be September - June.

The tag on the shorts said $24.95, but I was only charged $18 – including tax! Sweeeet.

Mistake? Or discount.

Wait. I'm going to say... you didn't dare ask.

After a while, these two Chinese women who didn’t speak much English turned to me and asked,
“Epcot?”

Noooooooo!!

Whoops! Good for you for not having fun with them.
"Oh, yes! If you stay on here, it will eventually take you to Epcot! Just don't get off until you're there!"

Hey. The dude's working it!

How obnoxious is it to wear two magic bands at once…?! :laughing:

Very. But you manage to pull it off.

Jamie always finds Br’er Bear’s exhibitionism hilarious, so I sent him this photo of us “hanging out”, in every sense of that phrase:

I was getting ready to head back to the hotel, so I gra - SQUIRREL!

squirrel-up-dog-gif_zpsg4zogmif.gif

Nice shot. You even got her crown on properly.

I wanted to make a dramatic exit in true princess style, so I walked through the castle to leave. princess:

As you should. Very appropriate.

Well, of course they did.
It is Disney after all.

Jamie was right where I left him, what a cutie. I was sad that his eyes were causing him some discomfort.

Aw, poor guy. He looks so forlorn there.

I showed Jamie my new pyjama shorts.
Ugh I love them so much.
(I’m wearing them right now!)

To paraphrase someone I know. "No picture of you in your pyjama shorts?"

After I paid I was carrying two sandwiches, two mayos,

Wait! Stop! Did we not learn anything from the previous mayo carrying time????

thankfully a CM quickly offered me a carrier bag!
No mayo bombs going off today, no sir.

Probably recognized you from the great mayo incident of 2014.

Awwww....

By any chance, were the people behind you also leaving?

Some of you probably know about Richard,

::yes:: Love to meet him someday.
Not likely, though.

You guys, I just lost it. I cannot EVER handle that song. It gets me every single year!

Katie -> :sad:

It made Jamie laugh that I went from silence to just bursting into tears upon hearing that daft song.

The cad! Next time, just up and leave him and walk over to me.
You can cry on my shoulder.

Well... check with me first. If I'm wearing a dry clean only shirt, I'll have to ask you to bring a towel.

However I felt 2% better knowing that Walt Disney World was cloudy and crowded right now :laughing:

:lmao: For some reason, I find that really funny.

We went to the airport Disney store (because the last two weeks clearly weren’t enough to feed my Disney addiction)

:sad2:

I wondered how I was going to explain all of these plush toys to my family whilst still trying to convince them that I'm an adult.

Don't even try. You'll only make things worse.

I have the vanilla bean every year

The only thing I ever get from Starbucks.

Poor Katie!!

Alcohol does wonders, doesn't it?

We landed back in England at around 8:15am. The jet lag really messes with us coming home, because it’s early morning and we haven’t slept properly. Getting through the rest of the day is such a struggle!

Huh. I always find it tough going the other way.
I find I adapt quickly over on your side of the pond.
I stay up, get to bed early and am pretty much set after that night's sleep.

Coming home seems tougher.

We waited for our bags to come around on the luggage carousel and I mumbled,
“This is the worst parade EVER.”

It really was. :sad2:

Still a funny line... but not so funny this time.

Thanks for a wonderful TR Katie! :goodvibes
So happy that there's already another one started!

I have absolutely loved reading your trip report. I can tell you have such a passion for Disney and it makes reading all the better. Can't wait to read all about this trip. See you over there

Right before the American Adventure I spotted a very odd mix of characters out meeting… There was Goofy, Pluto and Donald, as well as Baloo and Rafiki…?! It looked fun. There was no rhyme or reason to it :confused3 :laughing:

You caught the Character-palooza! It's always a mixture of different characters but no one ever knows which ones it'll be. Lucky! And you didn't even know it! Typical Hufflepuff behavior ;):rotfl:

22131777708_886cd8f529_c.jpg

I got the mango green tea slush, oh my gosh, it was delicious and so refreshing on a hot day. I’ve also heard the strawberry oolong is great too, although I’ve never tried it. This one really hit the spot!

MMMMMM that looks so good! Definitely adding that to "my list" of snacks/drinks to try next December!

That's a great haul! :thumbsup2

Pretty soon it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom!

Such a pretty, pretty lady :goodvibes

That's pretty nuts! (not Ginger nuts though) - Monday's tend to be really busy though. From what I've read :confused3

Of all the things to say aggressively :rotfl2:

I looooooooooooove this!! I want one too! I've been seeing pics of them people post on FB - I want him as well as Cogsworth! So cute!

#thuglife

;)

He's all "THERE ARE OTHER RIDES GUYS" :rotfl:

Great shot! :love:

SADNESSSSSSSS.

22310177342_4d47ecce59_b.jpg

STAAAAHHHPPPP ITTTTTT :sad:

He had to wear his glasses, but he doesn’t like walking around in them (his depth perception gets thrown off apparently.)

Ugh, I know that feeling! This happens to me too because I wear my contacts much more often than my glasses. I'd be super annoyed if mine got thrown away too!

(Jamie thought that housekeeping had taken one of his Galactic Hero buttons too :rotfl2::rotfl:
He obviously found it still attached to his t-shirt when we got home :lmao:

Blaming the poor Mousekeepers :rotfl2:

22135339438_f135f3081c_b.jpg

I'm going to purposely take pics in this stance from now on :rotfl:

A princess must do what a princess must do princess:

22297384256_cfa741f3da_b.jpg

Well that was wonderful timing :lovestruc

I can't explain properly how much I love this statue :sad:

While we were waiting we got chatting to THIS GUY!!!

22135374300_bcf246fb20_b.jpg

RICHARD!!!!!

Some of you probably know about Richard, but for those who don’t, Richard has been working as a greeter at the Grand Floridian for around 25 years, and he must be 90 years old now!
He wears a blue name-tag, which I think means he’s received a Disney Legacy award!
And he deserves it too, because he is the sweetest, most polite man ever!

HE IS SO PRECIOUS! I hope he is still there next year!

I know that feeling! And that song definitely gets to me too :sad1:

60bf330b77956ce29fb8d41359bdedc2.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
That was the perfect caption too :rotfl2:
hankfully the stewards were very quick and generous with the alcohol on this flight.

LORD, I NEEDED IT.

22135691508_7322b4abf5_z.jpg

Alcohol makes EVERYTHING better!
vNzUu0fT4mnWE.gif

“Remember when someone stole your contact lenses…”

22136579859_f0b7515382_c.jpg

His face :rotfl::rotfl:

Good thing the alcohol was free.
I drank my feelings.

22334028081_3d2e84983e_z.jpg

Don't we all!
HGCXnrhcJuCKA.gif

Well, that’s it! I’ve officially finished my first trip report!
I can’t believe how long it’s taken, but I’ve enjoyed writing it so much!!!
Thank you all for reading along!

It's been a pleasure!! So glad to have gotten to know you through your TR :hug:

If you’ve enjoyed this trip report, you may be interested to know that Jamie and I just got back from another 2 weeks at Walt Disney World!
So I’m starting to write about my 2015 adventure – including a little pre-trip report about the week before WDW, when I was in Disneyland Paris with my family!

To join in with my new trip report, CLICK HERE!!!

And Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! (5 days at DLP / 15 days at the Poly! Sept/Oct 2015)

We were at WDW for our first ever Food and Wine Festival, and we also attended Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! We had so much fun and I’m excited to start reliving the magic!

Thanks again for all of your awesomeness, and I hope to see you over at the new report!!!

:flower3:

SO EXCITING!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT!! Going over there now! :dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!