Oh it's a Jolly Holiday with Masseys, a Pre Trip Report

Just trying to get all caught up around the DIS after my extra long trip. EEK! So many updates! But looky at you all with a new trip planned and everthing! Nice! Great plans so far!

Your plans all look great. Good luck with fp day ☘ Let us know how you get on :)

I think we're going to need all the luck we can get. I'm sure I'll be reporting back after we've made the FPs and tweaked them a little.

You may already know this, but you don’t have to use all 3 fp+ at Epcot in order to add Magic Kingdom fast passes. I have yet to do this myself, so I hope I am explaining it well. If you do not like your options for a 3rd Epcot fp, just don’t make one. I think you can make a hopper Magic Kingdom fp as soon as you tap into your last scheduled fp at Epcot.

I think I've read about this but I've never tried it either. I think the important part is to use the Tier 1. I just don't think we'll be at Epcot long enough to use all 3. I need to go spend some time on the FP thread. Thanks for the tip!

Just trying to get all caught up around the DIS after my extra long trip. EEK! So many updates! But looky at you all with a new trip planned and everthing! Nice! Great plans so far!

I know you're still recovering from your trip and working lots of hours. I'm behind again too.

Good luck with your FPs! Divide and conquer might be a good idea if you can both do it. I'd imagine you should be able to get that FoP FP as late as it is in your trip without too much difficulty. Not sure how tough slinky dog will be with the new FP system they're using in DHS, but getting that one on day one would concern me.

Disney has really made this hard since all the good attractions are all Tier 1 and as of now FPs aren't offered for SWGE rides.
It's horrible what they've done to FPs at DHS. That park is now either a morning EMH or skip park.
For anyone who has made FPs recently any advice is needed.
Mark already mentioned it, but... make your FoP FP first. Then do the rest.

Good luck with your FPs! Divide and conquer might be a good idea if you can both do it. I'd imagine you should be able to get that FoP FP as late as it is in your trip without too much difficulty. Not sure how tough slinky dog will be with the new FP system they're using in DHS, but getting that one on day one would concern me.

I'm worried about Slinky Dog on the first day too. I would set it for the Thursday but we really want to do something everyone can do once we're all together.

It's horrible what they've done to FPs at DHS. That park is now either a morning EMH or skip park.

I agree!

Mark already mentioned it, but... make your FoP FP first. Then do the rest.

That's the plan! FOP then Slinky Dog.

Fast Pass Day Part 1

That's right today was finally our FP day. It was a morning of highs and lows. I woke up extra early to get ready for work before in needed to be on the computer for 6 am. Originally I was hoping Danielle was going to help me like she did for ADRs but she decided to be uncooperative. I'm still salty about that. Moving forward... I was going to be doing this solo. Leading up to this I had played around with MDX on the computer and noticed that it kept telling me Michelle didn't have tickets attached. I did some research on the Dis and read where that should fix itself once my window opened (famous last words). Guess what? It didn't fix itself. So I started making FPs but couldn't add Michelle. After I had a few I called her in a panic and woke her up. She needed to start making her FPs and try to link them up with me. In the end I got on the app on my phone was able to modify to add her and make some with all 4 of us. The app was working much better than the online version.

So what did we get?

Saturday, December 14th DHS - Arrival day and hoping to be in park around lunch time
I wanted to get Slinky Dog
Frozen Sing a long
Disney Jr Dance Party (I know lame but I think JP will like it)

What I got was
Toy Story Mania 1-2

Toy Story.JPG

Frozen Sing a long 2-2:15 enter for 2:30 show
Frozen.jpg

And Disney Jr Dance Party enter 3:45-4 Show time 4:05-4:30. I don't have any pictures for this since we haven't done this since 2004 when Danielle was little.

We got 2 out of our 3 choices so not too bad. I knew getting Slinky Dog would be hard for our arrival day.

Sunday, December 15th - Epcot day for the whole day

I wanted to get Test Track
Living with the Land
The Seas with Nemo

What I got was Test Track 9:15-10:15

Test Track 2.JPGTest Track.jpeg

Living with the Land 10:15-11:15

Living with the Land.JPG

Spaceship Earth 11:15-12:15

Spaceship Earth 2.jpg

Again we got 2 out of 3. I really didn't have any trouble getting the Seas except the timing worked better for Spaceship Earth.

Monday, December 16th - Magic Kingdom all day

What I wanted was 7 Dwarfs Mine Train
BTMRR
Splash Mountain

What I got was BTMRR 9-10

BTMRR.JPG

Splash Mountain 10-11

Splash.JPG

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 2:20-3:20

7 Dwarfs.JPGMK_MINETRAIN_20180214_408850921750 - Copy.jpeg

I got all 3 of the FPs I wanted but I wish Seven Dwarfs wasn't so late. I really want to get a 4th FP. We do have a lunch ADR @ Skipper Canteen at 11:30 so this actually works pretty good. We'll have to try and catch the parade on Friday.

So that takes care of our first few days. I'll post a few more next update. Our second Epcot partial day is next. This is also the day Michelle arrives and we hit MVMCP.

Fastpasses sound great! DHS is a tough one since all the good rides are now Tier 1 - I'm actually thinking of skipping FPs at that park while we're there in December. Since we're park-hopping, we'll try to get there early to ride SWGE rides, and then will probably hop to a different park and have FPs at that second park. My guess is that we won't get on SDD this time, but we'll see.

Spaceship Earth at Epcot is going to be a must for us - I'm not sure when it's closing for the re-haul, but my kids are really bummed about that. We will definitely need to ride it one last time :lovestruc

Yay for getting all three of your choices at Magic Kingdom!! Sounds like the schedule works out well with your lunch ADR. And I think it's going to be so crowded at that time of year, that getting a 4th FP on the day of is going to be tough. (When I crashed my sister's vacation last March, we had trouble getting a 4th FP, so I think Christmas week will be really tough). You can get to MK at rope drop, get in a couple of rides (hopefully with low wait times) then hit BTMRR right at 10am. Head directly to Splash, and even get in Pirates or Jungle Cruise before your lunch ressie. Then post lunch you can do some quieter things, like Philharmagic, Carousel of Progress or People Mover before your 7 Dwarfs FP. You'll have the whole park done by 3pm :hyper:

Anxious to hear about your Animal Kingdom FPs. This is the one I'm really worried about - I'm hoping to score FoP twice while we there - on 12/19 and 12/22. My FP day is Sunday :scared:

Originally I was hoping Danielle was going to help me like she did for ADRs but she decided to be uncooperative. I'm still salty about that.
Oh dear... :hug:
I had played around with MDX
I had to stop at that.... "MDX? What's MDX? It's on the computer... is it some kind of program?"
Then the nickel dropped.
. Guess what? It didn't fix itself. So I started making FPs but couldn't add Michelle. After I had a few I called her in a panic and woke her up. She needed to start making her FPs and try to link them up with me. In the end I got on the app on my phone was able to modify to add her and make some with all 4 of us.
Phew! Close call!
The app was working much better than the online version.
Which is weird. It's usually the other way around.
I wanted to get Slinky Dog
Tough one on the first day.
The Seas with Nemo
I'm surprised you couldn't. Timing or otherwise.
Splash.JPG
:lmao:

Sorry it was a bumpy road to get your FPs made.
We got 2 out of our 3 choices so not too bad. I knew getting Slinky Dog would be hard for our arrival day.
Not bad, and probably not really unexpected.
gain we got 2 out of 3. I really didn't have any trouble getting the Seas except the timing worked better for Spaceship Earth.
I like this! You should have no problem getting the Seas with a 4th FP anyway if you so choose.
I got all 3 of the FPs I wanted but I wish Seven Dwarfs wasn't so late. I really want to get a 4th FP. We do have a lunch ADR @ Skipper Canteen at 11:30 so this actually works pretty good. We'll have to try and catch the parade on Friday.
Again, not bad at all. 7D isn't too terribly late for the 4th FP in MK. There are so many rides that I'm sure you can get something you want.

Fastpasses sound great! DHS is a tough one since all the good rides are now Tier 1

DHS is the worst! We do have 1 more day @ DHS in hopes of getting in more rides & shows.

My guess is that we won't get on SDD this time, but we'll see.

I hope you get it. We've never ridden so it's a must for us.

Spaceship Earth at Epcot is going to be a must for us - I'm not sure when it's closing for the re-haul, but my kids are really bummed about that. We will definitely need to ride it one last time :lovestruc

Same here. I did not want to miss this ride before they change it.

Yay for getting all three of your choices at Magic Kingdom!!

Thank you! Mountains for the win!

And I think it's going to be so crowded at that time of year, that getting a 4th FP on the day of is going to be tough.

I hope it's not too crowded since it the week before. TG has this day as a 8/10 but MK is a 9 since it's one of the few days there isn't a party.

You can get to MK at rope drop, get in a couple of rides (hopefully with low wait times) then hit BTMRR right at 10am.

We will be shooting for rope drop & hit a ride or two before our FP. We also have an EMH morning in MK later in the week.

Anxious to hear about your Animal Kingdom FPs. This is the one I'm really worried about - I'm hoping to score FoP twice while we there - on 12/19 and 12/22. My FP day is Sunday :scared:

You'll have to wait and see how we did on our one and only AK day. Good luck with your FPs.

Oh dear... :hug:

I'm still salty.

I had to stop at that.... "MDX? What's MDX? It's on the computer... is it some kind of program?"
Then the nickel dropped.

MDX or MDE I've seen it listed as both but you know what I mean, the phone app.

Phew! Close call!

Very! Michelle was able to match some of our big ones when she got on and then I was able to fill in the lesser rides for all 4 of us.

Which is weird. It's usually the other way around.

My thinking too.

Tough one on the first day.

Very!

Payback for being a stinker. I'm a Mom with lots of embarrassing photos and not afraid to use them.

Sorry it was a bumpy road to get your FPs made.

It was bumpy but it also made it interesting.

Not bad, and probably not really unexpected.

Not at all. I had already warned Michelle that we might have to switch up TSMM with SDD.

I like this! You should have no problem getting the Seas with a 4th FP anyway if you so choose.

I don't think i will either but I also want to get to WS to see the Christmas entertainment.

Again, not bad at all. 7D isn't too terribly late for the 4th FP in MK. There are so many rides that I'm sure you can get something you want.

Fingers crossed for that 4th FP.

You did great in the fp. Hopefully you manage to get SDD one way or another. I think JP will love the dance party- he seems like such a wee character :)

Note to self. Don't piss off Vanessa.

I think I already have this note...

Maybe you need to put some stars next to that note.

:rolleyes1

You did great in the fp. Hopefully you manage to get SDD one way or another. I think JP will love the dance party- he seems like such a wee character :)

We did good so far. Danielle loved the Dance Party when she was little. I think JP will too. He loves to dance.

Glad you got most of what you wanted. Slinky Dog is becoming really hard to get!!!

DHS is a mess all around when it comes to FPs. I still have one more DHS day so stayed tuned to see what we got and didn't get.

You did great with FiPs!! Awesome! I'm a bit surprised though with SDD. I've not had any problem getting it and even on our arrival day in Sept. Sorry!! Maybe try day of and keep refreshing?

Originally I was hoping Danielle was going to help me like she did for ADRs but she decided to be uncooperative. I'm still salty about that.
Holy Crap!!!

This makes a giggle, and yet... not. I hope you two can still travel together. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!