Oh it's a Jolly Holiday with Masseys, a Pre Trip Report

We are SUPPPPPPPPER extra

Some of us are more extra than others.

Mother/Daughter banter is always cheeky *Mary Poppins Reference

This I will agree with.

My kids are super cute

They are the cutest.

Outfit planning has been an essential part of our pre-tripping for many years. We take it very seriously.

Last trip was the first trip that I tried to be better with my outfit planning like the girls are.

I love spreadsheets and lists and will indulge you in my organized chaos, if you so wish

I leave the spreadsheets to Michelle. I still use my trusty trip planning notebook & binder.

It’s just good fun to keep us busy and excited until we’re back in the World.

Helps to pass the time.

Also, just to go ahead and throw a little drama in the mix to hopefully get you interested…

There is always some drama.

I’m very independent, very “extra”,

Yes she is! Michelle has always taken it to the next step above and beyond what I would or could do. She's the best party planner ever.

I’m also very organized and I’m a big planner.

Again she takes it beyond me. She is me 2.0.

My first trip to Disney was in 1999. Mom won a trip through work and we left Dad at home and 12-week-old Danielle, too.

She was my planning helper from this trip on. Brent could have cared less but Michelle was just as excited as me.

I’ll let Mom tell you more about herself, but i’ll tell you she is wonderful and kind and selfless. She was born to be a Mom and has so much love to give. She’s not just my mom, she’s my best friend.

You're the best with words. You make me sound so much better than I am. Thank you!

Danielle-

We tried to get Danielle to join the pre-trip report but she declined. She is helping with the planning and will help us with ADR and FPs. Her dream is also to do the Disney College Program.

And he hasn’t stopped drinking the kool-aid since.

Jimmy is Disney loving too!

John Paul-

We have totally ingrained the Disney love in him. I can't wait to see him experience it all over again.

And Gia is totally a Disney Diva. She loves the outfit planning too.

Last edited:
Hello! I'll follow along -- I'm in the midst of planning my family's first holiday trip, too. We're staying at BLT 12/19-27. Good luck with your ADRs

:welcome:

Thanks for joining it! How exciting your trip will be during Christmas! Looks like we'll cross for a few day. Good luck with your ADRs too.

We're making our ADRs in about 2 weeks. It's amazing at Christmas. We've got our kids and their families for Thanksgiving (family refers to this as Thanksmas) this year. So we decided to spend a few days at WDW at Christmas. The last time we were there during the Christmas season was 12 years ago.

I love the Thanksmas! Happy you'll be getting some Disney Christmas too.

Fair warning, I tend to not comment much on PTRs.

You always say that but don't really stick to it.

:wave: Hi, Vanessa!

Hello Ponzi!

Mysteriously also in her twenties.
I don't know how you guys do that.

You're too kind. I'm way past my 20s.

I loved your TR and can't wait to join in!

Thank you so much! Hopefully we can keep you entertained.

Followed you over here from your Trip Report and am excited about seeing another one of your trips! Happy planning to you!!!

Thanks for following us over.

Oooooh I'm here and so excited to read all your plans! Love all the photos of the various holidays you've celebrated at WDW. It was like seeing you grow up on hyperspeed (with a little age reversing thrown in for luck lol).
John Paul and Gia are getting so grown up and are as gorgeous as ever :)
We hope to visit either Christmas 2020 or 2022 finances depending (flights are crazy expensive from here) so I can't wait to hear how you all get on. Looking forward to more :)

So happy you're with us again from across the pond. I hope you make for Christmas next year.

I'm excited to follow along with your plans. Going to read your previous trip report too :)

Thanks for joining in!

Hopping over fri. Your TR. looking forward to reading more

Hang on cause we got lots to share.

Joining in and so excited to hear all about your plans! We may even be bumping into you on this trip :goodvibes Our family arrives on December 18th, and we're also staying at Pop. Currently me, my three boys and my oldest son's girlfriend (her first trip with us!). DH is thinking it will be just too crowded for him to enjoy himself, and when he's miserable it kind of rubs off on everyone else :rolleyes1 And I plan to have fun! So I think he's skipping it this time. We're travelling back home on Christmas Eve, which will be a little crazy, but I'm still really excited for the trip.
Can't wait to hear more!

So have you guys made your ADRs yet? My day is Friday, and I'm frantically trying to figure out the best plan - especially since we don't have park hours yet! I can't believe November hours are even accurate as they have DHS opening at 9am every morning :sad2: I really don't think the SWGE madness will be over by November....

Mardi Gras 2020. Our kids actually get out of school for a week at Mardi Gras.

This was a problem for Danielle. She only gets 2 1/2 days off for Mardi Gras.

If she gets in, wonderful! We’ll just find a way to go AGAIN.

We're always looking for another excuse to go.

The Masseys (my parents and sister) are taking my toddler to Disney for a week in early December.

Aren't we brave to take the toddler without the mother? Of course she has to come because she has the biggest case of FMS (fear of missing something) It runs in our family on both sides.

I will be joining them a few days in, in their room as the 4th adult.

Should be fun and cozy.

So the day we booked the flights, I decided to tell my parents I’d just fly in a few days after they’ve been there and we can all fly home together.

Nothing like waiting till the last minute to spring that on us. It's been interesting reworking everything.

We ARE doing the dining plan, and Mom has me included in the room the whole trip, as opposed to splitting the trip into two, linked reservations (we’ve done this before)… which just means we are going to bank up some extra meals and those suckers are going to do a 2-meal credit while i’m not there!

I called Disney reservations and priced out splitting our stay around her arrival but it was going to be more than just having her on it the entire time. We'll be wasting some of her park days but we'll take advantage of the extra meal credits and snacks.

But this trip isn’t MY trip. This is my parents’ trip and I just get to be a kid. Their kid. A kid with my own kid, but a kid, nonetheless. I don’t have to bare the stress of coordinating everything or making sure everyone is taken care of and happy.

This trip will be like the trips we took before the kids became adults. We have our family rhythm down pat. We will need to make adjustments for JP but that just adds to the fun.

Last edited:
I'll go out on a limb and say... something Disney.
Far as I'll go.

You are correct, it is Disney!

Yay! I've read the other trip reports you and your mom wrote so looking forward to this! I've always wanted to go in December hoping to do so next year. For the photo I'm guessing Snow White and sorcerer mickey? Not 100% lol

:welcome: Back! I think you're one of my oldest readers. Hopefully this will be a fun trip for you to enjoy.

I’m guessing Snow White, sorcerer Mickey and Beast for Disney bounding outfits but I’ll be amazed if I’m even close to being right :rotfl:

You are correct for Danielle she was bounding sorcerer Mickey.

You'll see. ;)

Don't threaten me that way. I love your comments.

I never would've guessed you were 31!
You're sure you're not in your 20s?

Again you're being too kind. I said good bye to my 20s, 30s and 40s a long time ago. And I don't think I want to go back, just forward.

Following along! :)

:welcome: Liesa! So happy you're here too.

Thank you I hope so too :)
I can't wait to introduce my wee grandson to WDW and I'm crossing my fingers we can make it happen sooner rather than later :goodvibes

Introducing the grands is the best! I'm crossing my fingers for you too.

Joining in and so excited to hear all about your plans!

:welcome: thanks for joining it!

We may even be bumping into you on this trip :goodvibes Our family arrives on December 18th, and we're also staying at Pop.

We should be crossing paths. Hopefully we can meet up.

DH is thinking it will be just too crowded for him to enjoy himself, and when he's miserable it kind of rubs off on everyone else :rolleyes1

And that is why DH is called Grumpy.

So have you guys made your ADRs yet? My day is Friday, and I'm frantically trying to figure out the best plan - especially since we don't have park hours yet! I can't believe November hours are even accurate as they have DHS opening at 9am every morning :sad2: I really don't think the SWGE madness will be over by November....

We were up at 5 am our time to make our ADRs. I'm going to save the story for Michelle's update. Hopefully she will get it up before Friday. She wanted to post it today but work has been busy for her. We planned on all 3 of us going at it at the same time. I will say we did lost of pre-planning with backups for every meal.

:eek:
Is Jimmy okay with this???
:laughing:
Nope. I'm not even gonna try. I suck at guessing DISbounding.

I'll go out on a limb and say... something Disney.
Far as I'll go.
Your hint is in your answer.. one day you'll knowwwww, how far you'll gooooo. Well, a hint for Mom's disneybounding, at least.
Yay! I've read the other trip reports you and your mom wrote so looking forward to this! I've always wanted to go in December hoping to do so next year. For the photo I'm guessing Snow White and sorcerer mickey? Not 100% lol
First of all.. WELCOME! and THANK YOU. This is our first time in December. I'm pretty pumped. And you're on the right track for our characters!
I also have a great recipe for vegetable soup in case of emergency lol
:rotfl2:
I’m guessing Snow White, sorcerer Mickey and Beast for Disney bounding outfits but I’ll be amazed if I’m even close to being right :rotfl:
Danielle's is so easy. And you're VERY close.
Some of us are more extra than others.
Look, I own it. I don't mind it.
Again she takes it beyond me. She is me 2.0.
Aww, thanks Ma!
You're the best with words. You make me sound so much better than I am. Thank you!
You're so much better than you give yourself credit for.
And Gia is totally a Disney Diva. She loves the outfit planning too.
No kidding. We're going to Phoenix to visit Jimmy's family for July 4th and homegirl tells me the other day, "I wanna make matching shirts for the flight down there." I said, "baby, we're flying at bedtime. so no. but i love your enthusiasm." WHAT HAVE I CREATED?!
Following along! :)
:cheer2:
Joining in and so excited to hear all about your plans! We may even be bumping into you on this trip :goodvibes Our family arrives on December 18th, and we're also staying at Pop. Currently me, my three boys and my oldest son's girlfriend (her first trip with us!). DH is thinking it will be just too crowded for him to enjoy himself, and when he's miserable it kind of rubs off on everyone else :rolleyes1 And I plan to have fun! So I think he's skipping it this time. We're travelling back home on Christmas Eve, which will be a little crazy, but I'm still really excited for the trip.
Can't wait to hear more!
Keep us posted what yalls plans are! I totally understand what it's like to bring a GRUMPY!
WE MADE THEM MONDAY MORNING AND OMG. I'm about to post about it!
This trip will be like the trips we took before the kids became adults. We have our family rhythm down pat. We will need to make adjustments for JP but that just adds to the fun.
I think you underestimate the different nature of bringing a toddler from what Dad's used to... but should be interesting.

ADR MADNESS

First of all I want to say that we were (from left to right) Moana, Sorcerer Mickey, and Belle! Are we THAT BAD at Disneybounding? LOL. I'm totally wearing that outfit again, but I got some rose earrings to accent. And you can't really see the flower in Mom's hair. Boo. Oh well, GREAT guessing!

WE DID IT, YALL! We booked our dining reservations. And then went right back and did lots of modifying already, but I am SO pumped about what we got, and more specifically the TIMES we got.

Last trip we discovered that JP was best in the mornings and that breakfasts would be best. Well this trip we have Grumpy, and he likes to do as much as he possibly can early on and then take things slower in the day… so we booked mostly early dinners. “Early” meaning somewhere between 5-6pm. And I’m still not certain how well my son will do sitting in a restaurant at that time, but hopefully there’s enough going on around him that he’ll be entertained. If not… I’m not above packing his Amazon Tablet and letting him watch Bubble Guppies.

We all talked for a while about places we wanted to go and a rough estimate of what park each day so that we could make dining plans.

Saturday- They’re flying in and landing in Orlando at like 8:30am. After stopping by the resort, they’re doing DHS this day.

Sunday- Epcot

Monday- MK

Tuesday- I’m flying in and landing in Orlando about 11am. Epcot ½ day for my peeps, and then The Very Merry Christmas Party for all of us!

Wednesday- AK

Thursday- DHS

Friday- MK (closes early for another party)... not ideal, but just hear me out in a bit…

Saturday- Travel home, flying out of Orlando about 6pm

So that’s where the plans started. Then I started working on my spreadsheets. I’m a visual person and spreadsheets help me organize my thoughts. Plus, we needed to keep track of our credits since there are days I’m not there and what not. And each time we tried to talk it out, Dad was like I need to see it all in one place. Well... you're welcome, Dad.

kz7lB9xMenoxrg2SLfsL8PMguCRw5qsVgYCsjNcc-Wvz-UjeSDaeVPg2gak7gBhcdvqTlj7uLqyPgScuEWCRC9ofk6Ylox0eqFJ0ddmKQvqPAAKhuuHYkhTUbObWrjxuz5SzIPeN

MFFziConNpZUUKXFghybHnnjWvYRwqAxMb6ww9Pa-mCgWWz8svxMOEx8EgfoL1d4Uv0HunFB7rtujXwPsRJmib_nEH3bivgynGW111y2hTCBV74g51G926l12rD8Yc31UGWDTVo-

This reads as "Counter Service 3 credits (3 meals like this) for a total of 9 CS credits.

This is where we started to work on our “ADR POA”... advanced dining reservation plan of attack. We also found out that online reservations open up 180 days out (plus 10 for your trip) at 6am Orlando time, before the phones opened up. So we were planning on waking up for 5am our time, and all hitting the computers so we could get the best stuff we could.

For that first night, Mom really wants to shoot for the new BBQ Table Service in DHS, but reservations haven’t opened up yet for that. So we decided Mama Melrose’s was a good backup until we can plan for more.

Same situation for the next night. There’s a new Space restaurant opening with no reservations showing yet. So Dad really wants to do Coral Reef. That was the plan for booking.

The next day is MK day. SO MUCH TO EAT! Well, JP’s favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast and he loooooves the Beast. Well, the only place you can meet the Beast is in BOG for dinner. This is a 2 credit meal. SO THESE BUTTHEADS ARE GOING WITHOUT ME! But Dad’s never done the dinner and JP is going to be SO EXCITED. I’m sad I’ll miss it, but it just wouldn’t work with our plan on my MK day with the family.

Next up is their ½ day in Epcot and our Party evening. Obviously we want to get the most out of the party, so we don’t want to make dining reservations. We will eat when we’re hungry, hopefully early, and keep it simple. Also, notable, Mom and I were able to share counter service meals the last trip. It extended the life of our credits and we had a lot less waste. Now Dad has no intention of sharing, we know this. But just wanted to throw that in there. But for this day, Mom was going to take it easy with JP and try to get him to rest before the party, kind of take him out of the excitement to force him to calm down a bit. And Dad and Danielle wanted to do something WITHOUT A KID! So they were thinking they’d do Tipanedo, just the 2 of them, for lunch (out of pocket).

Our AK day, we weren’t really interested in any table service. We have our sights on TREX before we leave, so Rainforest isn’t something we want to really do. They’re so similar to me. We’ve done the Yak and Yeti, and the character breakfast at Tusker House is a great option but Dad wants to try to do as much Pandora riding that AM, so no to breakfast. We decided to keep it counter service this day. Plus, I do LOVEEEE AK’s CS options. Mom said they’re doing to be moving to a reservation style thing for some of the options at dinner? Not sure about this, but I’d do it to sit outside of flametree BBQ, overlooking the water and Mt. Everest. It’s Gorgeous, really.

DHS day! There’s going to still be so much hulabaloo about Star Wars, and we’re excited, too. But we’re going to focus on Toy Story Land as much as we can. Also, Danielle MISSED Fantasmic her last trip and is still super butthurt about it. I, too, really want to see it. It’s the best night performance, if you ask me. And I think JP would love it, but that waiting for it might drive us all nuts. So I did some research and we decided on our one Mickey-character-meal. We’re hoping for the Minnie’s Seasonal Dining at Hollywood and Vine… FANTASMIC DINNER PACKAGE… It’s not reserved or anything, but it’ll help us from having to wait FOREVER EARLY to get in to see it. And we’ll see the characters in their holiday glory!

MK. Last park day. Why am I already sad thinking about this? We chose to do MK this day despite it closing early. Now with it closing early, there are SO MANY options of things to do that we never make time to do outside the parks. And so many of those things are right outside MK. One thing I REALLY want to try is the campfires at FWL. I also like to try and stop by Poly any chance, since that’s where we got married. And the GF at Christmas… DONT GET ME STARTED! BUUUUUUUUTTTT we decided to hope for something NEW! Mom’s “character” is Snow White. And Dad upholds the Grumpy namesake so well. So we are wanting to do the Storybook Dining at Artist’s Point in the Fort Wilderness Lodge. We’ll dine with Snow White and some dwarfs, and MY GOD THE FOOD looks amazing. Then if we have time, I’d love to see the campfires and I know Mom would love to resort hop and see holiday sights.

Saturday we’re traveling home, but we learned a good lesson last trip to TAKE OUR TIME on the last day. So we booked 6pm flights home and we’re hoping to spend the day at Disney Springs. Something my Dad has ALWAYS loved (like, even before it was on the dining plan) is TREX! And something my child, his only grandson, LOVESSSS is Dinosaurs. So Dad basically wasn’t okay with this trip unless we do TREX. No pressure, right? Just need to get the earliest lunch time possible so we don’t MISS OUR MAGICAL EXPRESS or FLIGHT!

So last week, I emailed Mom, Dad, and Danielle all of our choices we made together and then prioritized them based on what might be the hardest to get and what meant the most to us. You can tell I made this, though… because I put Dad and Danielle’s meal alone all the way at the end. LOL.

When we were all together on Sunday for Father’s Day, we pulled out the spreadsheets together and went over the Plan of Attack to make sure we’re all on the same page. I put it in a way that would be easiest to search. There’s the date, the place, the number of people at the table, and estimated timeframe. Updated some things and this is what the plan was:

kIULU_7pbPb0j_LrjRMLTRREq_bz1ljNqDpqVg5oLLb1o7OCcipVrFpP22hGZei1i33E_edUBj1giV2DoAZHDRIIZIeMnyZcLRnTENh5-HhdCVSdJE9x1joy9WWkT7rVUf0DSSAr

We did it. We woke up early, Mom and Danielle each on a computer. My husband had just left for workin on the East Coast and took our laptop, so I was confined to the app. DO NOT PLAN TO BE CONFINED TO THE APP! It did not work for me. I could see everything, but when I went to book it, I would always get a refresh error. So I was useless, but Danielle was able to get the BOG dinner!

This is what we got:

Saturday: 5:25pm Mama Melrose’s, Table for 4

Sunday: 5:45pm, Coral Reef Restaurant, Table for 4

Monday: 5:45pm BOG Dinner, Table for 4

Tuesday: 8:05am Princess Storbook Dining Breakfast at Akershus, table for 4

Wednesday: no meals planned

Thursday: 5:00pm Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine Dinner Fantasmic! Table for 5

Friday: 12:55pm Skipper Canteen, Table for 5 ANDDDDD 6:05pm Story Book Dining at Artist Point with Snow White, Table for 5

Saturday: 11:00am TREX, Table for 5

But then I got to work and on my work computer decided to make a little backup plan of my own:

I still really want to do BOG with JP. Also, with our Snow White dinner, I’d love for that to be our “princess theme” day. Yes, we do that. Also, I have no interest in the Skipper Canteen like Mom and Danielle. So what I did was I made a CS lunch reservation to BOG on the MK day I’m there and a backup Skipper Canteen for the day they’re at MK and I’m not.

I ended up telling Mom about it and they all talked and decided they’d let me go to BOG, but they’re just going to go twice. So they kept the BOG dinner, moved the Skipper Canteen, let me have my BOG lunch another day, and while we’re keeping that first Mama Melrose ADR, we plan to drop it and probably just do counter service to even out all the meals. Now this puts up 1 over on CS credits, but who cares!

Also notice, they ended up going with the princess breakfast in Norway. This came up in our “backup plans” and Dad was emphatic about how early it needed to be to be worthwhile to him. But it seems that they all preferred that to other plans discussed. Mom was able to book it, then modify the time to 8:05am! So they can enter the park early, and still be early enough when breakfast is over to ride the Frozen ride. Apparently they tried it once, but didn’t have reservations yet, and Mom couldn’t lie… and they were denied entry into that part of the park. HAHAHA!!!

Also note that there may have not been the original times we chose when we booked. In the past 2 days we’ve been able to go and MODIFY our times. So once you book it, it may only show you 3 available dinner times. Book it, go to change reservation, Modify… and BOOM! Options open up. Made our lives that much easier.

So just to keep up and make it easier to see… here’s our plans as of now!

HpPpJEagkic3Cxw7fyw5Hca5Xisxhkhz2oAYp10oOGpYJWGCVqA0gLYO1TegPB8gZ07HEYkppKtlxRzamot1epnxyUqZcKXgZhaLVd39HD4aUbhIhPbrxuOB5DA3WRF0MC_xiAKB

m_W3kHOGPv27VI9Q6Z3_1th4j4vKjvGA8HbWxUyttA0qIEFiOwcQRUJu0DNJ4WcL0Va8-ILSSMvkLFnJoGl8pBjzqlY9dHo-Wm5UmiWIG1xbxFN_irq5Wi5cTwJyF8BIm6IIOU9Q

So we actually have a few counter service meals to spare, and we won’t have a problem filling those! And the one extra Table Service credit will likely be used Saturday night or I can find something to eat before I meet up with everyone on Tuesday.

IT’S GOING TO BE AWESOME!

ou are correct for Danielle she was bounding sorcerer Mickey.
Well at least I got one right (even if it was the easiest one lol):rotfl:
Introducing the grands is the best! I'm crossing my fingers for you too.
Thank you :)
Danielle's is so easy. And you're VERY close.
You are too kind! I'm rubbish at guessing disney bounding but hey ho a girl can try, right!:confused3
Look, I own it. I don't mind it.
I love that you own it! I also love that you're so full of personality and fun to boot!!:love:
No kidding. We're going to Phoenix to visit Jimmy's family for July 4th and homegirl tells me the other day, "I wanna make matching shirts for the flight down there." I said, "baby, we're flying at bedtime. so no. but i love your enthusiasm." WHAT HAVE I CREATED?!
Awwww:rotfl::scared1::thumbsup2
I totally understand what it's like to bring a GRUMPY!
I married a Grumpy but he's my Grumpy and I love him (most of the time ):goodvibes
WE MADE THEM MONDAY MORNING AND OMG. I'm about to post about it!
OOH waiting with baited breath but hopefully not for long!!:goodvibes
I think you underestimate the different nature of bringing a toddler from what Dad's used to... but should be interesting.
Interesting = fun, right! 'Twill be grand sure how could it not be with that adorable wee dude :thumbsup2
First of all I want to say that we were (from left to right) Moana, Sorcerer Mickey, and Belle! Are we THAT BAD at Disneybounding? LOL.
These were absolutely going to be my second guesses! Honest to goodness they were::yes::
WE DID IT, YALL! We booked our dining reservations.
WOOHOO!!!
we booked mostly early dinners
Sounds like a great plan for everyone :):thumbsup2
I’m still not certain how well my son will do sitting in a restaurant at that time, but hopefully there’s enough going on around him that he’ll be entertained. If not… I’m not above packing his Amazon Tablet and letting him watch Bubble Guppies.
Absolutely the way to go when on holidays. Anything for a quiet life plus on vacation normal rules don't apply like I may have allowed my wee son to have fries and ice-cream for dinner in the American Pavilion at Epcot if he promised to sit peacefully through dinner in 9 dragons just because I NEEDED SOMETHING OTHER THAN FRIES!!!
The Very Merry Christmas Party for all of us!
I am so excited for you all. I have never done any of the parties but I'd absolutely love to do this one! Cannot wait to hear all about it (and everything else).

IT WILL INDEED BE AWESOME!!!

Don't threaten me that way. I love your comments.
Again you're being too kind. I said good bye to my 20s, 30s and 40s a long time ago. And I don't think I want to go back, just forward.
:) Some things I'd love to go back to. (like not having back issues...) Many I wouldn't.
Your hint is in your answer.. one day you'll knowwwww, how far you'll gooooo. Well, a hint for Mom's disneybounding, at least.
Wait! I got it! Moana, Sorcerer Mickey and Belle!
First of all I want to say that we were (from left to right) Moana, Sorcerer Mickey, and Belle!
I got it right! It's almost like I knew.
Mom really wants to shoot for the new BBQ Table Service in DHS
Wonder when that's opening?
There’s a new Space restaurant opening with no reservations showing yet.
Hadn't heard of that one!
Wednesday: no meals planned
You're gonna be hungry, come Thursday.

YAY! I'm so glad for you! I'll be trying for some of those same reservations on Saturday & hope I have as good luck as you did!

You are too kind! I'm rubbish at guessing disney bounding but hey ho a girl can try, right!:confused3
I think you guessed great! And guessing is half the fun.
I love that you own it! I also love that you're so full of personality and fun to boot!!:love:
:hug:
We leave for Phoenix in less than 2 weeks and she deosn't know it, but one of the cousins there is going to make us all shirts for family dinner one night, as like a surprise. So it should be really fun and cute.
I married a Grumpy but he's my Grumpy and I love him (most of the time ):goodvibes
we love our Grumpy too.
Absolutely the way to go when on holidays. Anything for a quiet life plus on vacation normal rules don't apply like I may have allowed my wee son to have fries and ice-cream for dinner in the American Pavilion at Epcot if he promised to sit peacefully through dinner in 9 dragons just because I NEEDED SOMETHING OTHER THAN FRIES!!!
I am so excited for you all. I have never done any of the parties but I'd absolutely love to do this one! Cannot wait to hear all about it (and everything else).
We got spoiled when we did the fireworks dessert party last time. It was a gateway party, and now we just want MORE MORE MORE!
:) Some things I'd love to go back to. (like not having back issues...) Many I wouldn't.
I got it right! It's almost like I knew.
Wonder when that's opening?
I haven't seen much on a date, so I think they're just going to forgo that option for now. We've actually decided since to forgo any table service on that first night and instead, opting for our 1 extra credit for me. BUT I don't have to be alone, since JP isn't a credit, himself, yet. So I booked the Tusker House Breakfast for her and I at 8:50am on our Animal Kingdom day. It was Mom's idea and I'm pretty excited about it.
You're gonna be hungry, come Thursday.
YAY! I'm so glad for you! I'll be trying for some of those same reservations on Saturday & hope I have as good luck as you did!
don't rely on the app! Start early. and don't forget about the modify option. I couldn't believe how easy it was for us! Let us know what you get. I think what helped us a lot, too, was that most of our big meals were later into our reservation, so they likely wouldn't have been booked up yet since there's the 180 days rule.

Looks great! I've been working on my spreadsheets for the last two hours. My biggest challenge is getting a pre-park opening breakfast reservation. I'd really like to get Garden Grill, and I'm completely flexible on the day, but still not sure it will be available. So I have plans that change each day based on if we do, or don't, get that. Then I have a whole other set if we can't get it at all! I'm also planning two reservations for almost all of our days (all dinners, then varying breakfast and lunch) because I'm afraid of counter service crowds. I may ending changing/cancelling some of them, but I want to make sure I get them locked in. I'll be ready to go at 6am tomorrow!

don't rely on the app! Start early. and don't forget about the modify option. I couldn't believe how easy it was for us! Let us know what you get. I think what helped us a lot, too, was that most of our big meals were later into our reservation, so they likely wouldn't have been booked up yet since there's the 180 days rule.

RIGHT, don't use the app! I will definitely be doing this from my computer.
I'm trying for Be Our Guest on our very first night so I'm pretty certain it'll be impossible and have a couple of alternatives lined up. I'm also trying for California Grill on our second night; will this be hard to get? Not sure. What do you think about booking dinner on Christmas night -- is that also really hard to do? I guess I'll find out!

Looks great! I've been working on my spreadsheets for the last two hours. My biggest challenge is getting a pre-park opening breakfast reservation. I'd really like to get Garden Grill, and I'm completely flexible on the day, but still not sure it will be available. So I have plans that change each day based on if we do, or don't, get that. Then I have a whole other set if we can't get it at all! I'm also planning two reservations for almost all of our days (all dinners, then varying breakfast and lunch) because I'm afraid of counter service crowds. I may ending changing/cancelling some of them, but I want to make sure I get them locked in. I'll be ready to go at 6am tomorrow!

I love spreadsheets, too! I have multiple tabs and color code things.... My family makes fun of me but they appreciate my organization. I have all my ADRs sorted in priority order, ready for Saturday morning. I'm trying for a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, too. On Dec. 22nd, which is the 4th day of our trip. Good luck to you tomorrow!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter