Oh the Movie Never Ends---Sept 2017 PTR-Trip Canceled-Done

SweetSerenity

Thank you evenin' star!
“. . . it goes on and on and on and on. . . Don’t Stop Believing! Hold on to that feeling---“

Ahem.

Hello.

Pardon my singing. . .

This Gonna-Be-Fabulous PTR is brought to you by Journey. Let us take a moment to remember the great. . .

So, I chose this song as my title to my PTR because Disney really is like a neverending movie: a magical, fantastical journey of adventure, romance, comedic relief, suspense, and one big happy ending. Okay, that’s not true. This song randomly burst into my brain and once I started belting it at the top of my lungs I realized I could make it work. Also, I’m notorious for leaving my trip reports unfinished. I don’t mean to, but then I get distracted by, you know, life and planning upcoming trips and voila! We have another unfinished trip report, thus, leaving my readers in suspense. Ha! See! The movie never ends. . . it just gets lots of sequels.

So, here we go, part, I don’t know, six of my Disney journey with my husband. . . Lets so back. . .

Jason, my Naveen, my prince of all princes, my beast, my evening star. . . my Disney Companion---that’s my husband. Our Disney journey began together back in 2008 when we were just a young couple. It was his first trip ever to Disney and while I was so we experienced it together, it was a miserable time, truly. My dad had just passed away and even the joy of Disney couldn’t mend that grief. We went back in 2009, but it still just wasn’t a happy trip. Finally, in 2010, we took our first Disney trip together with just the two of us. The magic, fireworks, and joy of experiencing Disney our way was pure perfection.

We took a long hiatus until November 2015: our honeymoon! Our first trip as husband and wife and a true celebration of the two of us and our 10 glorious years together. I did start a trip report on our honeymoon, but, alas, I never finished it.

Fast forward to September, 2016. 9 nights at Port Orleans Riverside with free dining, the Food and Wine Festival, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, a Tropical Depression, blisters the size of Rhode Island and well, something so un-magical that I’m not going to mention it. Don’t worry, it didn’t totally ruin our trip, but it did cause a hesitation.

I booked a bounce back, you know, just in case we decided to go back this year. 8 nights at Caribbean Beach—our honeymoon resort—and free “Plus” dining—that’s 2 snacks per day instead of just 1. Basically, I just wanted to hold a spot in case we decided to go back, but I really intended to cancel it. I wanted to go someplace different. I know, GASP! How dare I! We seriously considered a cruise to Alaska. It’s a dream to see the wonderment there, to experience the raw beauty of the mountains, the crispness of the lakes, and the nature. Plus, I’ve always wanted to cruise. My beloved was a little more hesitant. Disney, he said, was familiar and comfortable to us while a big trip to Alaska was just. . I don’t know, scary? We’re not avid travelers due to finances, time off, etc etc, but my dream of all dreams would be to travel the world, experience culture, and write about it. Those Birnbaum people are my heroes. . . experiencing literally everything Disney has to offer AND getting paid for it. Wow! ANYWAY, we decided it’s just not the right time to try to rush and go to Alaska so our plan is to try for next Spring. *Sigh* I guess it’s back to Disney for us. . . (seriously, I’m grinning from ear to ear—I just have to pretend I’m disappointed but I’ll never be sad to return to the place I love.) We have discussed it, though, and we have decided that we MUST make this a trip about relaxation and food. We’re not foodies, but we’d like to be on this trip. We enjoy the parks, of course, but we always come back exhausted and worn down. It’s time to try the healing powers of Disney and just. . . relax. I’m trying to convince myself, too. . .

And so, while I’m typing this, I’m contemplating the changes. We are considering upgrading to a deluxe resort and deluxe dining. He’s calling it the “TRIP TO END ALL TRIPS!” but I’m not that dramatic. We stayed 3 nights at AKL for our honeymoon, and I loved loved loved it, but we didn’t get to spend much time exploring the resort. We’re also considering Wilderness Lodge. I would, of course, love a bungalow at the Polynesian, but there is no way we can afford that. Opinions on any Deluxe option is appreciated!

And, finally, here is a briefing on who we are:

We’re Jason and Shannon—affectionately called Jannon. That’s not true, I just made that up. We’re both in our early 30’s, live in Tennessee, are in the medical field, have a precious 10-year-old Doxie/something else mixed named Dixie, and a precocious (but also just the most adorable thing ever) 2 year old ferret named Evie. He loves Beauty and the Beast while my favorite is The Little Mermaid, but I seriously love Charlotte from The Princess Frog. She’s just hilarious. Okay, that’s it. See, I promised to be brief.

So, come one, come all to The Greatest Show on Earth! But when you’re done with that please stop by here. I, too, can offer your popcorn and candy and maybe a little entertainment along the way!

Following along! We love going in September! (Although I've gotten a cold on every September trip we've gone on). We're still going to try again so we're going this September too.

Following along! We love going in September! (Although I've gotten a cold on every September trip we've gone on). We're still going to try again so we're going this September too.

Welcome!

I love the fall decorations in September, which is mainly why we go. October and November are better on weather, but we usually get better deals in September. Yay for you going back! When are you going and where are you staying?

While this is officially a PTR for September 2017, I thought I would post some highlights from our honeymoon and our September 2016 trips. Annnd a few wedding pictures since it was the marriage that got us to the honeymoon that got us to the 2016 trip that is getting us to the 2017 bounceback offer. . .

These are some of my favorites. Also, I just figured out how to upload pictures directly from my computer, which is super EXCITING because photobucket is a bit of a pain these days. I apologize for the pictures being so big. I haven't figured that part out yet.

Our wedding day was a dreary Sunday afternoon on November, 1st 2015. Having grown up in the South, it had always been a dream to get married at a white plantation house filled with books and antiques. As luck would have it, we found this beautiful farm that had been renovated. The family lived in a white plantation house with a balcony overlooking the property. It was on that balcony that I looked down at my future husband before we saw each other on the front porch. We walked down Lovers' Lane to a set of white stained glass windows with the mist blowing in my face and our guests cuddled up on the pews under the patchwork quilts. After my pastor of thirty years pronounced us husband and wife, we celebrated in a gorgeous barn with chandeliers and pristine drapery. It may have been imperfect, but it was perfect to us.
Shannon and James Wedding Edit-0165.jpg Shannon and James Wedding Edit-0297.jpg Shannon and James Wedding Edit-0135.jpg Shannon and James Wedding Edit-0154.jpg

Last edited:

Welcome!

I love the fall decorations in September, which is mainly why we go. October and November are better on weather, but we usually get better deals in September. Yay for you going back! When are you going and where are you staying?

Me too! We love the Halloween party too and we go to HHN at Universal. I can't take off work in oct or nov and the prices are better in Sep anyway. We're going the 8th to the 16th or 17th. We haven't booked our stay yet but we're looking at WL or PORS for Disney and Hrh for Uso.

Me too! We love the Halloween party too and we go to HHN at Universal. I can't take off work in oct or nov and the prices are better in Sep anyway. We're going the 8th to the 16th or 17th. We haven't booked our stay yet but we're looking at WL or PORS for Disney and Hrh for Uso.

We will be there from the 8th until the 16th! We may cross paths!

Highlights from November 2015 Honeymoon

I started a trip report on our honeymoon, but as per usual, I never had a chance to finish it. I thought I would just throw in some highlights from the trip.

We had a split stay. We spent 5 nights at CBR on the Deluxe Dining Plan and 3 nights with a pool view at AKL on the regular dining plan. I do NOT, I repeat, do not recommend split stay. It may work well for some, but it was a complete disaster for us. We spent literal hours with a CM at concierge trying to sort out the mess that became of our reservations and magic bands after we split over to AKL. He was fantastic and took us up to Club Lounge level just for a peek around. It was lovely.

Highlights:

Staying at a deluxe for the first time. AKL was just breathtakingly beautiful. I only wish we had had more time to explore it. The serenity of the pool was perfection, especially at night. The quiet alcoves offered little moments to steal away and rock in the huge wooden chairs. Sitting out on the balcony at night without a care in the world was so peaceful. We enjoyed Boma for breakfast and dinner along with Jiko. We only had a few minutes to see the animals, but they were fantastic.

Trying a Signature restaurant. Yachtsman Steakhouse was incredible from the bread service to dessert. We liked Jiko, but not as much as Yachtsman.

Receiving zebra domes and wine from concierge twice was a very sweet touch.

Annnd, apparently, that's all I can think of because I can't find my pictures and my memory is escaping me. . .

Highlights from November 2015 Honeymoon

I started a trip report on our honeymoon, but as per usual, I never had a chance to finish it. I thought I would just throw in some highlights from the trip.

We had a split stay. We spent 5 nights at CBR on the Deluxe Dining Plan and 3 nights with a pool view at AKL on the regular dining plan. I do NOT, I repeat, do not recommend split stay. It may work well for some, but it was a complete disaster for us. We spent literal hours with a CM at concierge trying to sort out the mess that became of our reservations and magic bands after we split over to AKL. He was fantastic and took us up to Club Lounge level just for a peek around. It was lovely.

Highlights:

Staying at a deluxe for the first time. AKL was just breathtakingly beautiful. I only wish we had had more time to explore it. The serenity of the pool was perfection, especially at night. The quiet alcoves offered little moments to steal away and rock in the huge wooden chairs. Sitting out on the balcony at night without a care in the world was so peaceful. We enjoyed Boma for breakfast and dinner along with Jiko. We only had a few minutes to see the animals, but they were fantastic.

Trying a Signature restaurant. Yachtsman Steakhouse was incredible from the bread service to dessert. We liked Jiko, but not as much as Yachtsman.

Receiving zebra domes and wine from concierge twice was a very sweet touch.

Annnd, apparently, that's all I can think of because I can't find my pictures and my memory is escaping me. . .
We had so much fun at AKL too it's such a beautiful resort!

Following along! We will be at POR the week before you. We too were in September LAST year at CBR and stayed at the CBR... and booked a bounceback with Free Dining! Great Minds Think Alike!

Your wedding dress is gorgeous!

I look forward to reading more!

Following along! We will be at POR the week before you. We too were in September LAST year at CBR and stayed at the CBR... and booked a bounceback with Free Dining! Great Minds Think Alike!

Your wedding dress is gorgeous!

I look forward to reading more!

:flower3: Welcome! Thanks for coming aboard! Ha, that's funny!! I actually did a little reservation modifying, but I'll report on that later. :rolleyes1

Thank you! My beautiful grandmother in my picture bought my dress so it's extra special. :love:

Playing Catch-Up

So, it was my intention to do a brief review of our September 2016 trip. Afterall, it was that trip that spurred our upcoming 2017 trip. I had planned on using the cool new feature of posting pictures from my computer. The problem with that is that all my pictures from our trip are on my phone. Why? Well, our phones bit the dust before we left. Therefore, I got an awesome new phone that has an amazing camera. So much so, that I didn’t even use my Smart Camera. You all may have figured it out by now, but I’m pretty technologically challenged. I work on a computer every day, but I don’t have to do anything fancy. Some of you are so talented that you do all these crazy awesome graphs and spreadsheets for your trips. I just write it all down in a designated journal. It’s old school, but that works for me. So, we’ll just skip the pictures and post some highlights of our trip.

Ahem.

September 9th-September 16th, 2016 at POR.

This was our second stay at Port Orleans Riverside. Back in 2010, it was our very first moderate resort and we loved the engulfing atmosphere of the Southern Antebellum mansions, the beautiful greenery, and just lazy feel of the place. However, this stay wasn’t quite like we remembered it. It was such a long, inconvenient walk from our room to the main area that we didn’t take advantage of our refillable mugs like we wanted to. . .

Funny story about those mugs. In 2015, those blasted handles just were too thick to clip on anything. This year, we were smart. We went to an outdoor store and bought caribiner clips so we could hook those bad boys to the backpack. Well, Disney got us this year! There were no handles. Seriously.

Anyway, back to POR. The food court didn’t seem as tasty as it had been in the past. We still ate there twice because we wanted to chill out a little. What was surprisingly one of our favorite meals of the trip was Boatwrights. We have a tradition of eating our last dinner at whatever resort we’re staying at so that we can just eat, pack, and go to bed. We had eaten at Boatwright’s before, but were not really impressed. Holy moly, was it good this time! Jason is Texan by way of Louisiana so he loves Cajun food, which also makes him super picky. I could see the drool running down his chin when he started eating his shrimp and grits. Also, the strawberry bread putting was to die for, almost literally as we were so stuffed.

Food and Wine Festival was fantastic! We loved walking around with our little F&W passports, trying out all these awesome new foods. Side note, we saved all our snacks for our last night of our trip on a Saturday night while everyone else was drinking around the world. I don’t recommend this. Crowds were horrendous, but we just pushed on through. Anyway, some of our favorite snacks were the Twinings frozen pumpkin spice chai latte shake from Ireland, the Kefta pocket from Morocco and the Quesito from the Dominican Republic or Jamaica. .. I don’t remember.

When I was a kid, I had a VHS video of Halloween cartoons and snippets of MNSSHP. It had always been a dream of mine to go to the party, but we were never there while it was going on. This time we would be! We were so excited especially since they were bringing back the Hocus Pocus Villian Spelltacular show. I have seen Hocus Pocus enough that I have it memorized. Back in high school, I was Sarah Sanderson for Halloween. I can’t stress how much I love that movie. Anywho, the night we went a tropic depression formed on land and rained out pretty much everything. We were stuck in ankle deep water in Tomorrowland. Finally, we made it to Guest Relations and got a refund on our ticket for that Friday night. We were supposed to leave the next morning, but concierge helped us book an extra night in the same room. When we finally did make it to the party, it rained again. It was super crowded, they ran out of candy, and the only character we got to meet was Merida. It was just a huge, sad disappointment. I did get to see some of the Hocus Pocus show, though!

We had Fastpasses to the new Frozen Adventure at Epcot. We were almost there when the ride broke down so they gave us new FPs and sent us on our way. The line was outrageously long. . . over 2 hours. However, it was really cute when we did get to ride it.

We ate at BOG twice--- once for lunch and once for dinner. It was so beautiful. Our meals were good, but really the theming is just amazing. We did get to meet the beast, so my Beast met his Beast. Both times we sat in the ballroom by the snowy windows. Incredible, really.

Jason loved all the Star Wars exhibits. I’m not a fan of Star Wars—I don’t hate it, I just don’t like it—but even I thought it was cool that Stormtroopers and the little javas---I’ve just been informed that I mean jawas--- walk around and interact with guests. He was in Star Wars Heaven, which makes me happy.

We discovered a new favorite QS: Katsura at the Japan Pavillion in Epcot. A close second is Cooke’s of Dublin at Disney Springs. We have loved the Vintage Irish Cheese Dip from the moment we had it. Every year, my husband makes a huge Irish meal for us on St. Patrick’s Day. He has been trying to replicate this dish. The manager on staff that day overheard us talking about it and brought us the recipe!!!!! Seriously, that just made our day!

Animal Kingdom at night was nice because the crows were so low. However, a lot of things shut down with the setting of the sun. We managed to snag a dusky Safari, though, and saw an abundance of animals. We were too tired to wait for the Tree of Life to come alive, but the oohing and ahhing behind me let me know we had just missed it.

So, that’s it. The past is done. Time to plan for the future!!!!!

It took me forever to learn how to move pictures from my phone to the computer. I just use the cloud now but I have a transferring app too that transfers over wifi.

Oh no the mug handles that's right! :rotfl:

I loved Food and Wine! And the windows at BOG. :thumbsup2

Aw sorry about MNSSHP. I hate when things don't go as planned at the parties our MVMCP didn't go as planned either. But it's just another reason to go back! I love Hocus Pocus too!

Operation Best Trip Ever: Stage One

So this upcoming Disney trip is not just any ordinary trip; it's a secret mission. That's right, I'm trying to turn this into "the best trip ever." Shouldn't they all be the best trip ever? There's a story behind this. I know I know. Me? Have a story for every single thing? No! Yes! Okay, as I mentioned in my first post, Jason's first impression of Disney wasn't the greatest. It had nothing to do with Disney at all, but just extenuating circumstances that got in the way. 2009 was much the same, but we were sitting at the Riverside Mill back in 2010 eating our respective chicken sandwiches and freshly made pasta when he looked at me and said "best trip ever." pixiedust: He still says that, though, try as I may, I try to always make them the best experience that I can. I can't control the weather, though, so there's only so much I can do.

We were winding up our September 2016 stay at POR when I saw the little slip of paper with the bounceback offer. Now, Disney dangles a mighty tasty carrot and I have a hard time not taking a bite. We talked it over and decided to stay 8 nights at Caribbean Beach. We spent 5 nights there but just didn't have enough time to explore so we thought it would be an excellent choice. Our package included Disney Plus Dining, which is 1 TS, 1 QS, and 2 snacks per day. We honestly didn't think we would keep the reservation, but Jason preferred to go back this year versus exploring the world outside the World. :smickey:

I secretly SQEEEEED inside.

The more we talked about it, though, the more I understood what he wanted: to relax. Now, I don't know if it's possible to just stop and smell the roses while taking a leisurely pace along the streets of Disney, but I certainly intend to try. My husband also loves cooking, and is quite apt to it due to many hours of watching the Food Network. :rotfl:

So, I thought, hmmm why don't we try to make this a food and relaxation trip? I hopped on to my favorite Disney forum. Hint hint. . . :disrocks:and began my research.

I have promised him plenty of chill out time, which made me think about spending more time at our resort. While CBR is fabulous, the wheels started turning. . . what if, what if we. . . upgraded to a deluxe?! :scared1:

He actually liked that idea and suggested that we upgrade from our free dining to Deluxe Dining so that we could try more restaurants and have more snacks for Food and Wine Festival. Well, okay!

That led us to our next question. Where to stay? We just can't swing the "higher" end of the deluxe resorts unless I tried to do something crazy and split up the nights somehow, but I can't do that with the bounce back and I'm pretty sure I'd be divorced if I ever suggested a split stay again. After mulling over the prices on the website and asking questions here, we narrowed it down to AKL and Wilderness Lodge. We spent 3 wonderful nights at AKL on our honeymoon, but Wilderness Lodge is so beautiful. We were hesitant about the construction at WL, but after hearing back from some wonderful folks here, I made my decision.

The next thing I had to do was call Disney and beg them to let me upgrade since this was a "special offer." I didn't think they'd be too upset since I'm basically emptying my wallet into Mickey's pockets, but it took nearly an hour to figure everything out. By the time we were done, I had tacked on another day, added on a ticket, upgraded to Deluxe Dining, upgraded my resort, and promised them my first born child.

So, now that's 9 nights, 27 table services, and 36 total snacks from September 7th until September 16th.

Oh, where did I pick to stay?

images.jpg

Wilderness Lodge!!!!! Hooray!!!!! :jumping1:

We are both so excited! Is is September yet?

Operation Best Trip Ever: Stage One

So this upcoming Disney trip is not just any ordinary trip; it's a secret mission. That's right, I'm trying to turn this into "the best trip ever." Shouldn't they all be the best trip ever? There's a story behind this. I know I know. Me? Have a story for every single thing? No! Yes! Okay, as I mentioned in my first post, Jason's first impression of Disney wasn't the greatest. It had nothing to do with Disney at all, but just extenuating circumstances that got in the way. 2009 was much the same, but we were sitting at the Riverside Mill back in 2010 eating our respective chicken sandwiches and freshly made pasta when he looked at me and said "best trip ever." pixiedust: He still says that, though, try as I may, I try to always make them the best experience that I can. I can't control the weather, though, so there's only so much I can do.

We were winding up our September 2016 stay at POR when I saw the little slip of paper with the bounceback offer. Now, Disney dangles a mighty tasty carrot and I have a hard time not taking a bite. We talked it over and decided to stay 8 nights at Caribbean Beach. We spent 5 nights there but just didn't have enough time to explore so we thought it would be an excellent choice. Our package included Disney Plus Dining, which is 1 TS, 1 QS, and 2 snacks per day. We honestly didn't think we would keep the reservation, but Jason preferred to go back this year versus exploring the world outside the World. :smickey:

I secretly SQEEEEED inside.

The more we talked about it, though, the more I understood what he wanted: to relax. Now, I don't know if it's possible to just stop and smell the roses while taking a leisurely pace along the streets of Disney, but I certainly intend to try. My husband also loves cooking, and is quite apt to it due to many hours of watching the Food Network. :rotfl:

So, I thought, hmmm why don't we try to make this a food and relaxation trip? I hopped on to my favorite Disney forum. Hint hint. . . :disrocks:and began my research.

I have promised him plenty of chill out time, which made me think about spending more time at our resort. While CBR is fabulous, the wheels started turning. . . what if, what if we. . . upgraded to a deluxe?! :scared1:

He actually liked that idea and suggested that we upgrade from our free dining to Deluxe Dining so that we could try more restaurants and have more snacks for Food and Wine Festival. Well, okay!

That led us to our next question. Where to stay? We just can't swing the "higher" end of the deluxe resorts unless I tried to do something crazy and split up the nights somehow, but I can't do that with the bounce back and I'm pretty sure I'd be divorced if I ever suggested a split stay again. After mulling over the prices on the website and asking questions here, we narrowed it down to AKL and Wilderness Lodge. We spent 3 wonderful nights at AKL on our honeymoon, but Wilderness Lodge is so beautiful. We were hesitant about the construction at WL, but after hearing back from some wonderful folks here, I made my decision.

The next thing I had to do was call Disney and beg them to let me upgrade since this was a "special offer." I didn't think they'd be too upset since I'm basically emptying my wallet into Mickey's pockets, but it took nearly an hour to figure everything out. By the time we were done, I had tacked on another day, added on a ticket, upgraded to Deluxe Dining, upgraded my resort, and promised them my first born child.

So, now that's 9 nights, 27 table services, and 36 total snacks from September 7th until September 16th.

Oh, where did I pick to stay?

View attachment 218397

Wilderness Lodge!!!!! Hooray!!!!! :jumping1:

We are both so excited! Is is September yet?
We may stay in the WL then too! Although I really want to stay at the Beach Club.

We may stay in the WL then too! Although I really want to stay at the Beach Club.

I wouldn't mind staying in the Beach Club, though we aren't really beachy people. I've heard it's fabulous! Can you really go wrong, though?

Counting Down the Days:

We are still really far away from September, but at least January has moved on and we're in February! If anyone is headed to WDW this month, hooray you! According to my MDE app we have 188 days to go, 154 days until we can check in online and 25 days until we can start booking our ADRS. :jumping2:

Speaking of food. . . it's Super Bowl Sunday. My husband is happily sitting next to me watching the pre-game coverage while I'm perusing the Dis and we're snacking on typical party snacks: Taquitos, cheese dip, potato skins, cheesesteak sliders, hummus and pita. And my first Coke of the year. . . I'm trying not to drink them, but, hey it's a celebration!

Which brings me back to food. . .

25 days still gives us ample time to sort out our ADRS, but we are trying something a little different this year. Instead of planning our meals around our park time, we're planning our park time around our meals. We love the parks, but we are focusing on relaxation and experiencing new meals this trip. As mentioned in previous posts, we have 27 TS credits and a total of 36 snacks. That's a lot of food!!!!!! It's exciting to know we will have the option to try places we've been on the fence about before, visit Signature Dining restaurants, still visit our favorites, and dine to our hearts' content at Food and Wine Festival. I'll start a separate post another time to hold spots for our dining choices, but for right now here are some of our decisions:

Timeless favorites and traditions:
Rose and Crown
Tokyo Dining
Teppan Edo

Signature Dining:
Yachtsman's Steakhouse--yum
Hollywood Brown Derby
Artist Point

First Tries:
Marrakesh--this place literally has been on our ADRS since 2010 but somehow gets deleted
Chef Art's Homecoming

We've never been health conscious at WDW before in terms of how we're eating, but I think that even though we aren't going to deprive ourselves on our vacation, we will be a little more conscientious in the upcoming trip as far as choices are concerned. With the exception of today, we have been changing our diet. I'm down 7 lbs in 7 days simply by cutting out sugar and eating a ton more vegetables. :banana::banana:

Please feel free to throw out your favorite meals/restaurants. We have many slots to fill. We are open to all locations and all food types. We aren't big seafood eaters except for shellfish, but we will try it happily. Pictures are welcome, too!!!

Counting Down the Days:

We are still really far away from September, but at least January has moved on and we're in February! If anyone is headed to WDW this month, hooray you! According to my MDE app we have 188 days to go, 154 days until we can check in online and 25 days until we can start booking our ADRS. :jumping2:

Speaking of food. . . it's Super Bowl Sunday. My husband is happily sitting next to me watching the pre-game coverage while I'm perusing the Dis and we're snacking on typical party snacks: Taquitos, cheese dip, potato skins, cheesesteak sliders, hummus and pita. And my first Coke of the year. . . I'm trying not to drink them, but, hey it's a celebration!

Which brings me back to food. . .

25 days still gives us ample time to sort out our ADRS, but we are trying something a little different this year. Instead of planning our meals around our park time, we're planning our park time around our meals. We love the parks, but we are focusing on relaxation and experiencing new meals this trip. As mentioned in previous posts, we have 27 TS credits and a total of 36 snacks. That's a lot of food!!!!!! It's exciting to know we will have the option to try places we've been on the fence about before, visit Signature Dining restaurants, still visit our favorites, and dine to our hearts' content at Food and Wine Festival. I'll start a separate post another time to hold spots for our dining choices, but for right now here are some of our decisions:

Timeless favorites and traditions:
Rose and Crown
Tokyo Dining
Teppan Edo

Signature Dining:
Yachtsman's Steakhouse--yum
Hollywood Brown Derby
Artist Point

First Tries:
Marrakesh--this place literally has been on our ADRS since 2010 but somehow gets deleted
Chef Art's Homecoming

We've never been health conscious at WDW before in terms of how we're eating, but I think that even though we aren't going to deprive ourselves on our vacation, we will be a little more conscientious in the upcoming trip as far as choices are concerned. With the exception of today, we have been changing our diet. I'm down 7 lbs in 7 days simply by cutting out sugar and eating a ton more vegetables. :banana::banana:

Please feel free to throw out your favorite meals/restaurants. We have many slots to fill. We are open to all locations and all food types. We aren't big seafood eaters except for shellfish, but we will try it happily. Pictures are welcome, too!!!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on the 7 lbs! WOW that is so amazing, and I know how wonderful that feels. Keep up the good work!! :jumping1:

Secondly, I love all your ADR choices... we are going to WDW the week before you and STILL havn't narrowed it down yet. I need to get on that, right?!? Of your choices, the only ones that I have eaten at are Rose & Crown, Teppan Edo, and Marrakesh. There are so many choices in WDW aren' there? :crazy:

By the way.... THIS IS AMAAAAZING: 27 TS credits and a total of 36 snacks.:worship:

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on the 7 lbs! WOW that is so amazing, and I know how wonderful that feels. Keep up the good work!! :jumping1:

Secondly, I love all your ADR choices... we are going to WDW the week before you and STILL havn't narrowed it down yet. I need to get on that, right?!? Of your choices, the only ones that I have eaten at are Rose & Crown, Teppan Edo, and Marrakesh. There are so many choices in WDW aren' there? :crazy:

By the way.... THIS IS AMAAAAZING: 27 TS credits and a total of 36 snacks.:worship:

Thank you!!! I still have a long way to go, but I will get there!

How is Marrakesh? It always gets the boot. I just wrote out a list of potential places and marked them as B, L, or D and it looks like it may get the boot again. I don't know why it's so expendable on our list. I think we would like it.

It looks like you and I are going to overlap on our trips again by a few days! We'll be checking in on the 7th!

We start our vacation on the 15th. Well, actually the 11th of September, but we will be at Universal for the first 4 days.

Congrats on the 7 pounds. We have eaten at Teppan Edo and it's on our list for this trip.

I can honestly say that we've never done Signature dining before. I might have to try one this trip since we are also doing the DDP...

Looking forward to reading more...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter