Oh the Movie Never Ends---Sept 2017 PTR-Trip Canceled-Done

We start our vacation on the 15th. Well, actually the 11th of September, but we will be at Universal for the first 4 days.

Congrats on the 7 pounds. We have eaten at Teppan Edo and it's on our list for this trip.

I can honestly say that we've never done Signature dining before. I might have to try one this trip since we are also doing the DDP...

Looking forward to reading more...

Oooh, I'm jealous about Universal Studios. I haven't been there since I was a kid and ET told me to come back. I'd love to do the Harry Potter adventures but I'm not sure we will ever make it.

Thank you!

Give it a try. If you like steak I suggest Yachts man's Steakhouse. If you're doing the deluxe plan you could just skip a breakfast, have an early lunch and try signature!

Thanks for stopping by.

Oooh, I'm jealous about Universal Studios. I haven't been there since I was a kid and ET told me to come back. I'd love to do the Harry Potter adventures but I'm not sure we will ever make it.

Thank you!

Give it a try. If you like steak I suggest Yachts man's Steakhouse. If you're doing the deluxe plan you could just skip a breakfast, have an early lunch and try signature!

Thanks for stopping by.
I'm only doing Universal because my sons company has discounted tickets. Otherwise it would be all Disney. We are staying at an offsite hotel during that portion of the trip. For four nights at a Universal hotel it was almost as much as a week at Disney. Not worth it in my eyes.

My son loves Universal and since his friend hasn't been what kind of mom would I be if I didn't indulge him a bit? Lol.

I really love steak. So does my son. Maybe we will try it on one of our no park days.

I'm only doing Universal because my sons company has discounted tickets. Otherwise it would be all Disney. We are staying at an offsite hotel during that portion of the trip. For four nights at a Universal hotel it was almost as much as a week at Disney. Not worth it in my eyes.

My son loves Universal and since his friend hasn't been what kind of mom would I be if I didn't indulge him a bit? Lol.

I really love steak. So does my son. Maybe we will try it on one of our no park days.

Wow! I'm glad you are getting discounted tickets.

Yachtsman's Steakhouse has great steak options. My husband and I shared the amazing Porterhouse that came with caramelized onions, creamed spinach, and beef fat potatoes. So good!

Operation Best Trip Ever Stage 2: The Food

After combing over menus and every single list of restaurants on WDW property, this is the “first draft” of our potential ADRs. Keys are as follows:

B-Breakfast

L-Lunch

D- Dinner

S-Snack

SD-Signature Dining

Hollywood Studios

So, Hollywood Studios is a tough park to sell us on food. We enjoyed Mama Melrose’s Ristorante for our Fantasmic Package, but it’s not the best Italian restaurant on property. The other TS restaurants are okay, but nothing outstanding. We’ve eaten at all of them except Hollywood Brown Derby.

50’s PrimeTime Café—L

Sci-Fi Dine-In- L, D

Hollywood Brown Derby- D, SD

Magic Kingdom- We enjoy Crystal Palace for breakfast but not for other meals. Be Our Guest was fantastic atmospherically with a decent meal. The Plaza has great sandwiches and the Jungle Navigation would be a first time try.

Be Our Guest- D

Crystal Palace- B

Jungle Navigation- L

Plaza- L, D

Epcot- My husband has come up with the idea of eating around the world at Epcot but there are some restaurants in the pavilions that we just aren’t interested in trying. Restaurant Marrakesh would be a new try for us, but it has been kicked off the reservation list 3 times now. Will 2017 finally be its year? Garden Grill would also be a new try, but I’m on the fence about it. Rose and Crown is tradition, and Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo are favorites.

Restaurant Marrakesh- L, D

Rose and Crown- D

Teppan Edo- L

Tokyo Dining- D

Garden Grill- L

Tutto Italia- L, D

Via Napoli- L, D

Animal Kingdom—Sadly, nothing there has made the cut.

Disney Springs- All of these would be new tries except for Raglan Road

Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming- L, D

Frontera Cocina- L, D

House of Blues- L, D

Raglan Road- D

Resorts—Resort hopping can be fun!

Artist Point- Wilderness Lodge- D, SD

Citricos- The Grand Floridian- D, SD

Kona Café- The Polynesian- B

‘Ohana- The Polynesian- D

Sanaa- Animal Kingdom Lodge- L

Trail’s End- Fort Wilderness- B

Whispering Canyon- Wilderness Lodge- B

Yachtsman’s Steak House- Yacht Club- D, SD

Geyser Point- Wilderness Lodge- ???

Obviously, we have way more choices than credits, but we will slowly narrow these down until we have a final list. Again, opinions welcome!

We love the Garden Grill. We have done GG at least once on every trip since Chris was 3. It's another place that he always wants to eat at. LOL!! He's a very simple child.

I agree with you on Crystal Palace. Breakfast there is the best. Plus, if you can get an early ADR, then you get into the park when it's almost empty and that's amazing...

For breakfast on your Animal Kingdom day I highly recommend Tusker House. It's a character breakfast. They have amazing food and the characters are great. It's the one place that Chris has asked to repeat on this trip. I rarely get him to take pictures with characters and when I do, his expression is always the same. Hardly ever smiling.... So, when this happens at a character meal, I must go there again....LOL!

Goofy&Chris.jpg

And their juice is amazing there. Sorry, it's one of our favorite places to eat. LOL!!

We love the Garden Grill. We have done GG at least once on every trip since Chris was 3. It's another place that he always wants to eat at. LOL!! He's a very simple child.

I agree with you on Crystal Palace. Breakfast there is the best. Plus, if you can get an early ADR, then you get into the park when it's almost empty and that's amazing...

For breakfast on your Animal Kingdom day I highly recommend Tusker House. It's a character breakfast. They have amazing food and the characters are great. It's the one place that Chris has asked to repeat on this trip. I rarely get him to take pictures with characters and when I do, his expression is always the same. Hardly ever smiling.... So, when this happens at a character meal, I must go there again....LOL!

View attachment 219099

And their juice is amazing there. Sorry, it's one of our favorite places to eat. LOL!!

I think Garden Grill will be a fun experience! I've heard lots and lots of mixed reviews about the food. Do you usually do breakfast, lunch, or dinner there?

I love the picture of your son with Goofy!

We have eaten dinner at Tusker House, but we weren't fond of it. I have heard breakfast is good so we may give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

I think Garden Grill will be a fun experience! I've heard lots and lots of mixed reviews about the food. Do you usually do breakfast, lunch, or dinner there?

I love the picture of your son with Goofy!

We have eaten dinner at Tusker House, but we weren't fond of it. I have heard breakfast is good so we may give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!
We have done them all. LOL!! I like their breakfast because you get to get in the park early. However, their lunch is awesome and so is their dinner. The food is yummy for all of it. I guess if I had to pick I would go for their lunch. But it's all good honestly. I like that they will bring you more of anything that you want. It's kind of like a buffet, but they bring it to you. LOL!!

I like Tusker house for breakfast because the food is familiar, but you can try a few different things. Chris tried plantains the last trip. LOL!!

Hello, my computer is having issues, so before it shuts down Dis again, I guess I need to type faster. We will be staying at POR also, but leaving on the 6th. Your dining is very similar, in that the majority of restaurants I want are in Epcot. Plus, there is the Food & Wine that is starting earlier this year (end of August). We have Ohana on our list twice. The kids (will be 22, 20 and 13) want to go back for breakfast and try dinner. We are going to try Garden Grill this year for dinner. It was hard to find something at HS. They wanted to go back to Sci-Fi. I considered the Minnie's Seasonal thing, but decided against it. The only new TS restaurants we are trying are Ohana (Dinner), BOG (dinner, we have had lunch twice), Biergarten (on the fence about this one, but it has been chopped 2 other times), Boatright's (because we are staying there), Garden Grill and possibly Cape May (breakfast). I guess that is more than I thought. We will be hanging around Raglan Road for the Great Irish Hooley over Labor Day, but probably eating at Cookes of Dublin (the QS location).

BTW - I am a Shannon as well.

Happy planning.

We have done them all. LOL!! I like their breakfast because you get to get in the park early. However, their lunch is awesome and so is their dinner. The food is yummy for all of it. I guess if I had to pick I would go for their lunch. But it's all good honestly. I like that they will bring you more of anything that you want. It's kind of like a buffet, but they bring it to you. LOL!!

I like Tusker house for breakfast because the food is familiar, but you can try a few different things. Chris tried plantains the last trip. LOL!!

The cinnamon roll skillet they do for breakfast looks yummy! I think we will go for lunch, but it's good to know that you can order more if you're still hungry.

I love plantains! They make excellent chips!

Hello, my computer is having issues, so before it shuts down Dis again, I guess I need to type faster. We will be staying at POR also, but leaving on the 6th. Your dining is very similar, in that the majority of restaurants I want are in Epcot. Plus, there is the Food & Wine that is starting earlier this year (end of August). We have Ohana on our list twice. The kids (will be 22, 20 and 13) want to go back for breakfast and try dinner. We are going to try Garden Grill this year for dinner. It was hard to find something at HS. They wanted to go back to Sci-Fi. I considered the Minnie's Seasonal thing, but decided against it. The only new TS restaurants we are trying are Ohana (Dinner), BOG (dinner, we have had lunch twice), Biergarten (on the fence about this one, but it has been chopped 2 other times), Boatright's (because we are staying there), Garden Grill and possibly Cape May (breakfast). I guess that is more than I thought. We will be hanging around Raglan Road for the Great Irish Hooley over Labor Day, but probably eating at Cookes of Dublin (the QS location).

BTW - I am a Shannon as well.

Happy planning.

Hi, Shannon! Great name! Thanks for stopping by. We will actually be staying at Wilderness Lodge this year. I'm super excited about Food and Wine this year! It's never been there throughout our entire trip before. BOG for dinner is very nice, mainly because of the atmosphere and the opportunity to meet the Beast if you're interested. We're not fond of Biergarten--the food is okay, but it can be rather loud there. You do share tables with other guests as well. Boatwright's was one of our favorite meals last year. If you like shrimp and grits, it's fantastic! I had the tea brined pork chop, which was good as well. And, yay, for Cookes of Dublin. We love love love to eat there!

A PTR that has a Journey quote as the title?! Count me in!!
Journey is my FAVORITE!! I'm going to see them live in June and can't wait!! But I will miss Steve Perry :(
:worship::rockband:

Your trip sounds awesome!! I'm going to Disney for the first time in September! I've been twice in August and twice in May but the low crowds, free dining, and fall decorations makes trying September so perfect! Last May I took my boyfriend for his first ever trip and he's hooked!

We’re Jason and Shannon—affectionately called Jannon. That’s not true, I just made that up.
:rotfl:
I have seen Hocus Pocus enough that I have it memorized. Back in high school, I was Sarah Sanderson for Halloween. I can’t stress how much I love that movie.
ME TOO!!!!!!! I watched it atleast once a week this past September and October! Sarah Sanderson is my favorite. My sister and I are both born on Halloween, my name is Sarah and my sister's name is Dani (Danielle). Plus I'm born in 1993 (the day the movie takes place!!!!) Plus I have a black cat :goodvibes Halloween and this movie are my families' FAV!
Is is September yet?
I WISH!
By the time we were done, I had tacked on another day, added on a ticket, upgraded to Deluxe Dining, upgraded my resort, and promised them my first born child.
Oh the things we do for Disney!!!
So, now that's 9 nights, 27 table services, and 36 total snacks from September 7th until September 16th.
YAY FOR DISNEY FOOD!! We will be there the 10th through the 19th!

Can't wait for more updates!!!!

A PTR that has a Journey quote as the title?! Count me in!!
Journey is my FAVORITE!! I'm going to see them live in June and can't wait!! But I will miss Steve Perry :(
:worship::rockband:

Your trip sounds awesome!! I'm going to Disney for the first time in September! I've been twice in August and twice in May but the low crowds, free dining, and fall decorations makes trying September so perfect! Last May I took my boyfriend for his first ever trip and he's hooked!

:rotfl:

ME TOO!!!!!!! I watched it atleast once a week this past September and October! Sarah Sanderson is my favorite. My sister and I are both born on Halloween, my name is Sarah and my sister's name is Dani (Danielle). Plus I'm born in 1993 (the day the movie takes place!!!!) Plus I have a black cat :goodvibes Halloween and this movie are my families' FAV!

I WISH!

Oh the things we do for Disney!!!

YAY FOR DISNEY FOOD!! We will be there the 10th through the 19th!

Can't wait for more updates!!!!

Ha! Is that song stuck in your head now? That's fantastic that you are going to see them! Have a great time.

Where are you staying in September?

That is too cool. Maybe Hocus Pocus is a biography of your life? Or foreshadowing?

Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you very much enjoy your time in September. The fall decorations are fantastic. Plus, if you're a pumpkin fanatic like me, there are treats everywhere.

We tried Biergarten on our last trip and I wasn't impressed. It was very loud on our visit there and the food wasn't all that great. It wasn't that it was bad, but most of it had no taste. At least that I could tell. Even my husband wasn't impressed and he was the one that wanted to go there. LOL!!

I'm considering Cooke's of Dublin. Maybe for the night we get there. It's hard having someone that I'm not sure of what he likes. LOL!!

I agree with you on the decorations for fall. I love, love, love anything pumpkin. LOL!! I see pumpkin and I'm like gimme...LOL!!

We tried Biergarten on our last trip and I wasn't impressed. It was very loud on our visit there and the food wasn't all that great. It wasn't that it was bad, but most of it had no taste. At least that I could tell. Even my husband wasn't impressed and he was the one that wanted to go there. LOL!!

I'm considering Cooke's of Dublin. Maybe for the night we get there. It's hard having someone that I'm not sure of what he likes. LOL!!

I agree with you on the decorations for fall. I love, love, love anything pumpkin. LOL!! I see pumpkin and I'm like gimme...LOL!!

Try Cookes of Dublin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is so much to choose from. We never use our dining credits there because we usually share a kids chicken tenders or pick a dish and pair it with onion rings and the vintage cheese dip. That cheese dip is divine! I could dip cookies in it and like it. They have battered burgers, onion rings, fresh chips (fries), shepards pies, fish and chips. . . so so so good.

The only pumpkin dish I've ever had that I didn't like was my cousin's no bake pumpkin pie. . . aka raw pumpkin pie. My other cousin made me try it, and I had to smile while trying not to gag while eating it. :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Operation Best Trip Ever: Stage 3- The Entertainment

The entertainment portion of our trip includes everything from rides at the parks, to shows, Fastpasses, and any bits of extra "magic" we find to do.

As I have mentioned before, my husband is a huge Star Wars fan. He really likes Chewbacca and says weird things like "Let the Wookie win" and other stuff I don't understand. We also like BB-8, but that's because his nickname for me is "bebe." Anyway, so thanks to the Dis, I just found out the Javas. . . Jawas. . . trade things! He will love that! It's my understanding they don't always go for it, but I think he'll enjoy interacting with them regardless of whether or not they take our offer. It'll be fun figuring out what shiny things we will take to them! :chewy::darth:

Ha! Is that song stuck in your head now? That's fantastic that you are going to see them! Have a great time.

Where are you staying in September?

That is too cool. Maybe Hocus Pocus is a biography of your life? Or foreshadowing?

Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you very much enjoy your time in September. The fall decorations are fantastic. Plus, if you're a pumpkin fanatic like me, there are treats everywhere.
You betcha it's stuck in my head!! I have my Journey soundtrack playing right now actually! Between Journey and Disney I always have music playing!!

Ooooo yessss I'd love to think Hocus Pocus is foreshadowing something AWESOME in my life! Hmm maybe I'm destined to try MNSSHP this September and see the Hocus Pocus projection show?! Hmmm...

I LOVE PUMPKIN FLAVORED THINGS!!! I already miss my pumpkin coffee :sad:

All-Star Sports is the lucky resort for our trip. We shall grace it with our presence. Last year we stayed in a Little Mermaid room at AoA and LOVED it! Sadly I think All-Star Sports will be a big downgrade from that but we're the furthest things from picky so I know either way we'll have an awesome time!

Operation Best Trip Ever: Stage 3- The Entertainment

The entertainment portion of our trip includes everything from rides at the parks, to shows, Fastpasses, and any bits of extra "magic" we find to do.

As I have mentioned before, my husband is a huge Star Wars fan. He really likes Chewbacca and says weird things like "Let the Wookie win" and other stuff I don't understand. We also like BB-8, but that's because his nickname for me is "bebe." Anyway, so thanks to the Dis, I just found out the Javas. . . Jawas. . . trade things! He will love that! It's my understanding they don't always go for it, but I think he'll enjoy interacting with them regardless of whether or not they take our offer. It'll be fun figuring out what shiny things we will take to them! :chewy::darth:

Forgive me for telling this story. When you mentioned the Jawas it brought back a cute memory. We lived in Florida for many years. We used to go there so often I could and would help my friends plan their trips. Well, one trip we were walking back near Star Tours. Chris was about 5 or 6. I was walking up front, he was in the middle and my husband was behind us. Well, the next thing I knew Chris was scaling me. He literally climbed up my body to throw his arms around my neck. I heard my husband laughing hysterically and I turned around and asked, "What the heck just happened?"

He was laughing so hard all he could do was point at the Jawa. He finally managed to explain that the Jawa tapped Chris on the shoulder. Which caused him to literally scale me. LOL!!

You betcha it's stuck in my head!! I have my Journey soundtrack playing right now actually! Between Journey and Disney I always have music playing!!

Ooooo yessss I'd love to think Hocus Pocus is foreshadowing something AWESOME in my life! Hmm maybe I'm destined to try MNSSHP this September and see the Hocus Pocus projection show?! Hmmm...

I LOVE PUMPKIN FLAVORED THINGS!!! I already miss my pumpkin coffee :sad:

All-Star Sports is the lucky resort for our trip. We shall grace it with our presence. Last year we stayed in a Little Mermaid room at AoA and LOVED it! Sadly I think All-Star Sports will be a big downgrade from that but we're the furthest things from picky so I know either way we'll have an awesome time!

All Star Sports was the very first on site property for us back in 2008. We were by the giant football helmet. I would love to stay in a Little Mermaid room at AoA but it's so expensive for a value. We can stay at a moderate for the same price or less.

Forgive me for telling this story. When you mentioned the Jawas it brought back a cute memory. We lived in Florida for many years. We used to go there so often I could and would help my friends plan their trips. Well, one trip we were walking back near Star Tours. Chris was about 5 or 6. I was walking up front, he was in the middle and my husband was behind us. Well, the next thing I knew Chris was scaling me. He literally climbed up my body to throw his arms around my neck. I heard my husband laughing hysterically and I turned around and asked, "What the heck just happened?"

He was laughing so hard all he could do was point at the Jawa. He finally managed to explain that the Jawa tapped Chris on the shoulder. Which caused him to literally scale me. LOL!!

Ha! I don't mind hearing your stories! Tell me all your good stories if you wish!

September buddies! :rockband:
We're still trying to decide our plan of attack for meals, as soon as we are like "ok this is it!" My mind goes,"..Oh, but what about..." and we start all over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter