Oh, The Places We’ll Go! From the “stars” to the “sea”: Universal, SeaWorld & beyond - Spring 2016

Yeah, when both my kids fly the nest, I'll be crying, tears of joy and sadness. Best of all, sounds like he'll be housing close to home, so that's a plus. Great work he's doing, and kuddo for getting a job right out of school. Proud parents I'm sure.

Oh, and I like the title of the new trip report. So, here's two minions for ya:

th

I'm sorry about the job, Gina. :hug:

Sending another :hug: your way, my friend. My daughters have a few years before they fly the nest, but my heart is already a mixture of happy and sad because of it.

Off to check out your pre-trip report! :thumbsup2

Yeah, when both my kids fly the nest, I'll be crying, tears of joy and sadness. Best of all, sounds like he'll be housing close to home, so that's a plus. Great work he's doing, and kuddo for getting a job right out of school. Proud parents I'm sure.

Oh, and I like the title of the new trip report. So, here's two minions for ya:

th

Yes, if he gets the apartment he is looking at, he (happily) will only be about 25 minutes from home. Definitely close enough to drop over for dinner after work or for us to swing by with a casserole and pan of brownies :). He might be ready to get all grown-up on me but I will still need to mother him a little.

I'm sorry about the job, Gina. :hug:

Sending another :hug: your way, my friend. My daughters have a few years before they fly the nest, but my heart is already a mixture of happy and sad because of it.

Off to check out your pre-trip report! :thumbsup2

Thanks, my friend. It really is all good. Sometimes I need a stern reminder that I'm not in control of this great big world, nor should I be :rolleyes:. I am counting my blessings and being thankful today. I am so incredibly blessed!! :goodvibes

I'm sorry to hear about your job! I came over to this thread to see an update. Boo! I'm sure you would have done fabulous! Oh well--it sounds like you are perking up after the initial bad news.

I'll be signing on to read your pre-trip report. Two weeks on vacation sounds like heaven.

Very nice!! Seems pretty quickly completed for me :)

Thank you! :goodvibes I am looking forward to showing my mom when it arrives: she isn't a fan of looking at pictures on the computer, so it brings her a lot of joy to browse our books and see the places we visited on our trips.

Speaking of moms, I purchased our photobook for this trip with a Groupon that I had purchased for picaboo: I got voucher worth $200 towards photobooks for $51.62 after a Groupon promo code and my ebates rebate was applied. Not only was I able to buy my big, hardcover book with that $200 credit, but I was also able to do up two smaller 8 x 6 size softcover books of our favourite pictures for Grandmas. I used all but 3 cents of the voucher so i definitely got my money's worth!

Gina-Thank you so much for the Wild Florida recommendation! It was a highlight of our trip and we had a great time!

image.jpeg
Passholder Lounge menu as of today, Saturday 7/30/2016. There are 8 cinnamon donuts served hot with chocolate sauce for $4.99! We also really enjoyed the meatball sliders- ate them before I thought to take a photo...oops!
That area is so amazing on a hot day like today, but the BBQ restaurant that was there is all boarded up.

View attachment 185174
Passholder Lounge menu as of today, Saturday 7/30/2016. There are 8 cinnamon donuts served hot with chocolate sauce for $4.99! We also really enjoyed the meatball sliders- ate them before I thought to take a photo...oops!
That area is so amazing on a hot day like today, but the BBQ restaurant that was there is all boarded up.

That is awesome, thank you! :thumbsup2

I would love to know what's up with Terrace BBQ. Summer just seems like an odd time to refurbish one of their restaurants, especially one that participates in the all-day dining.
We plan to make the most of the Passmember Lounge on our October trip (coming up in 72 days! :banana:). If temperatures are similar to those we experienced last October, we'll be frequenting the Coke Freestyle machine quite often in particular!! :drinking1

thanks for the link to your photos. I was upset when i saw that photobucket didnt allow your pictures to be seen here. Taking my grands in August and have no clue

Gina- I re-read this TR as during this time in 2016, we lost my father-in-law and got sidetracked and didn't remember much! Beautiful pictures and great adventures! We just did the Minions character breakfast two weeks ago. They moved it to Sapphire Falls resort, but it was your TR that inspired us to do this! We loved it!!

Gina- I re-read this TR as during this time in 2016, we lost my father-in-law and got sidetracked and didn't remember much! Beautiful pictures and great adventures! We just did the Minions character breakfast two weeks ago. They moved it to Sapphire Falls resort, but it was your TR that inspired us to do this! We loved it!!

I am SO glad! :goodvibes

I am almost tempted to book this breakfast for our October trip, now that you don't need park admission. If you enjoyed the new location and format, I'm sure we would love it as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts