Oh!The places we ate! Part 2

Chim Chiminy

stale marshmallows sting when they hit you
Cast of characters: Me, DH,DD, DS

Friday August 15
We had to wake up early for our 8:30 PS at CRT! I was up at 6:30 to get ready. The kiddos did not want to get out of bed. This was a surprise for our 4 yr old DD, and she was so grumpy. It took a good twenty minutes to get both kids up out of bed. We were out of our room by 7:45 and walked down toward the walkway to MK when I realized I had forgotten the autograph books. So DH dashed back up to get them. It was extremely hot and humid already and we were pouring sweat, not exactly how you want to look when dining with princesses. We quickly walked to MK and got through security. I thought that for early PS they checked your name on a list, but they were just asking"Are you having breakfast this morning?" and letting everyone walk through the PS entrance. Main Street was actually pretty crowded and it was only 8:00. We got to the castle and there was a family there whose PS time was for 9:45! They were told that they would be seated anyway.
We were told to head upstairs and were seated quickly. My daughter realized where she was and became quite overwhelmed. She was unable to eat the entire time.
We were brought a basket of pastries-muffins, danish, croissant-as well as a bowl of fresh fruit. The pastries were nice and fresh, the fruit was ripe and quite good. We were also brought some strawberry yogurt, which was just okay. DH and I had the traditional breakfast. DH ate everything. The stuffed french toast was good, but very rich. I could only eat half of it. All of our food was fresh and hot. My DS ate all of his eggs and bacon.
The characters we had were Mary Poppins, Princess Aurora, Cinderella, and Belle. When we were finished Snow White and the Fairy Godmother were in the lobby, but it was packed like sardines in there. You could barely squeeze through to exit.
My daughter was very unsure of all the characters until the last one, Belle. Belle complimented her on her dress, asked her if it twirled nicely, then twirled with her. Mary Poppins told the other characters that my DS was a giggler, so they all gave him a hard time when they saw him. Total with tip $75.86 B+

Lunch
Pecos Bills
DH and DS both had the cheeseburger with fries. I had the Chicken Salad, which was very tasty. Large enough to split with two people. We shared our food with DD, who didn't eat much.
Two sodas and three bottles of water.
We always find the food here to be pretty good for counter service. Total $30.46 B+

Dinner
I had planned on counter service for dinner, but my husband wanted sit down. So I once again called Disney Dining and got a last minute PS, this time for Whispering Canyon Cafe at 8:30.
We took the boat over from the Contemporary.
We were seated right away, and with all the noise and commotion my husband turned and gave me a look.
DH and I had the all you can eat skillet, which came with ribs, chicken, pork, sausage, corn on the cob, potatoes, and salad.
DS had the kids skillet with the same food as the adults. DD had the mac and cheese, which she didn't eat. The skillet meals were very good. I especially liked the pork and sausage, and I don't usually like those things. The potatos were seared, which we all liked. DS had a chocolate shake with his meal, which must have been good, judging by the smile on his face. I had water, DH had tea. DD participated in the pony express ride and received a certificate. DH and I joined in with the hokey pokey. Soon after, our DD fell asleep and almost fell into her mac and cheese. Several tables around us were laughing at the sight of her wobbly little head. A server noticed her and ran and got another chair and a blanket for her, laid her down and covered her. He got a round of applause from us and those around us, including many thank yous. We thought that was incredible.
For dessert, DS and I split the Banana Dustbowl. MMMMMM GOOD! A crisp tortilla shell rolled in cinnamon and sugar, huge scoop of haagen daz vanilla, banana slices, hot caramel sauce. We should have ordered two. Total with tip $88.28 A

I love reading about everyone's dining experiences. I can't wait to go in January. The server at WC sounds amazing and so sweet. And that banana dessert sounds awesome. Keep the yummy reports coming! :) thanks, dawn

Thanks for the great post, I loved your reviews. I loved you WCC review, what a great thing to do for your daughter by your server. That's what makes WDW so special.

Great reviews! I must put WC on our list for our next trip!

Debbie

Thanks for the great reviews. You are making me even more excited about trying Whispering Canyon when I am there in December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter