Ohana’s Disappointing

marym821

Mouseketeer
We had dinner tonight at Ohana’s and we’re disappointed with there service. I ordered a specialty birthday cake fondant cake to be served for our grandson’s birthday. When we checked in, they had no record of it and had us wait to talk to a manager. When she came, she assured us it was all set up. We had our dinner, and then the waiter came with our dessert...no cake! I had to mention to him we had a specialty cake ordered and he said to me...it wasn’t on his ticket. He left and shortly later, they can back with the cake. What happened to the Disney customer service?

We had dinner tonight at Ohana’s and we’re disappointed with there service. I ordered a specialty birthday cake fondant cake to be served for our grandson’s birthday. When we checked in, they had no record of it and had us wait to talk to a manager. When she came, she assured us it was all set up. We had our dinner, and then the waiter came with our dessert...no cake! I had to mention to him we had a specialty cake ordered and he said to me...it wasn’t on his ticket. He left and shortly later, they can back with the cake. What happened to the Disney customer service?
The fact that they did come back with a cake is pretty amazing. Although im assuming its not the one you ordered? I would complain to whomever you ordered the cake from.

Other than the cake incident, did you enjoy the food?

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. The last time we ate at 'Ohana, it was an overly chaotic, ill-timed experience. They appear to be understaffed and it doesn't surprise me that something like this would fall through the cracks.

Assuming this was a custom ordered cake it's not an uncommon report for mix ups when the actual presentation of the cake occurs. Not that I'm excusing them at all, as I don't know why it seems to happen, just that there seems to be some mix up between bakery and restaurants sometimes when it comes to these things. I don't know if it's one side or both when it happens. I know usually when I do have a cake order it's stamped in bright red on the ticket when they seat us. If that was missing I'm not sure how else they alert the server to it. I usually always ask when I'm checking in and even then there has been mixed info where one says no and they go back to the kitchen to confirm it's there or another person at the desk knows about it but not everyone.🤷‍♀️

I know people have complained of the opposite as well when they wanted it to be a surprised and it was announced at the table when they were seating. But I'm glad they at least had your cake. It hasn't happened to me, but every now and then on the cake thread someone mentions an occasion where the restaurant never receives the cake at all and the order was completely lost!

I hope you got to enjoy your cake and the rest of your trip at least.

I have done 2 custom cakes cakes now and never again.

First one was for a 5th bday at Tusker House and it never showed up. They had an extra one of the standard mickey cakes you can buy on the spot instead.

Then gave them another shot thinking first time just bad experience. This time for a 45th bday and it was the completely wrong cake. Both times I got an apology and a credit back for the prepaid custom cakes.

It may not have been an issue at O'haha but with the cake people. We now get any special cakes delivered to the resort hotel by a local bakery.

Last time I was there the service was awful also. Not too fast like a lot of people have been saying, but the complete opposite and everything took forever. Spoke with a manager and then things magically sped right up. If we had not I’d probably still be there waiting for some beef.

I know people have complained of the opposite as well when they wanted it to be a surprised and it was announced at the table when they were seating. But I'm glad they at least had your cake. It hasn't happened to me, but every now and then on the cake thread someone mentions an occasion where the restaurant never receives the cake at all and the order was completely lost!

That happened to me last year at Ohana. I ordered a Brave themed cake from the Grand Floridian for my Wife's Bday to be delivered after our dinner at Ohana. When I checked in prior to dinner I asked the hostess to confirm the cake. She came back a few minutes later and said they couldn't find the cake but would keep looking. During dinner a manager came over to our table and said "Good news, we found your Birthday Cake". My jaw hit the table. She looked over at me and realized she messed up. She ended up coming over after the cake was delivered and presented my wife a fresh flower lei and said she was sorry. She was very sweet.

Yeah I find with Ohana's that they tend to..slow down and get some big mess-ups when it starts to get busy. A shame really, they were an awesome place to eat when I was a kid. Now the only time I go there is when they first open.

The last 2 times we ate there we felt disappointed with the experience. The wait when checking in is already long and then to feel rushed through dinner. Just not worth the price tag.

I have done 2 custom cakes cakes now and never again.

First one was for a 5th bday at Tusker House and it never showed up. They had an extra one of the standard mickey cakes you can buy on the spot instead.

Then gave them another shot thinking first time just bad experience. This time for a 45th bday and it was the completely wrong cake. Both times I got an apology and a credit back for the prepaid custom cakes.

It may not have been an issue at O'haha but with the cake people. We now get any special cakes delivered to the resort hotel by a local bakery.
Can I ask what bakery you get your cakes from. I want to get one for my niece who is turning 21. Thank you

Seems that the manager failed to tell the staff. Maybe you should just mention to the server beforehand as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter