• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Ohana -best use of TS?

Toots

Mouseketeer
We have a split reservation on our next trip. 3 days we will be on the dining plan and 4 days not. My family really likes 'Ohana and we plan to have dinner there one night. I've reserved Coral Reef, Teppanyaki and 'Ohana for our 3 table services.

I'd like to use the DDP for the more expensive meals and reserve more moderately priced meals for when we're not on the plan. Any suggestions? :)

Toots said:
We have a split reservation on our next trip. 3 days we will be on the dining plan and 4 days not. My family really likes 'Ohana and we plan to have dinner there one night. I've reserved Coral Reef, Teppanyaki and 'Ohana for our 3 table services.

I'd like to use the DDP for the more expensive meals and reserve more moderately priced meals for when we're not on the plan. Any suggestions? :)

Well, to help you figure out about how much it will run you to eat at places, you should go to allearsnet(dot)com and click on dining link and then look for the menus link.....it will bring up all your dining places, menus and prices. That should help with your planning! If you want to try Le Cellier it would be best to use your DP because that was one of the pricer places we ate. Good luck planning! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reply Kizmac. I've looked at Allears, but it's not clear to me if the $25.99 included tax and tip. We dined at 'Ohana before, but I can't remember if they are included. If the tax and tip are extra then I think 'Ohanas is probably an ok use of our TS.

We ate @ Le Cellier on our last trip and even though I thought it was fantastic my DH & DS aren't eager to return. This is our first trip using DDP and it is more of a test for us. We're going in May and missed out on the free dining plan. :rolleyes2

Toots said:

You might not get a very good deal at Teppanyaki. I've heard that they are the most limited resturant on property. Only salad as an appetizer and ice cream of dessert.

Toots said:
Thanks for the reply Kizmac. I've looked at Allears, but it's not clear to me if the $25.99 included tax and tip. We dined at 'Ohana before, but I can't remember if they are included. If the tax and tip are extra then I think 'Ohanas is probably an ok use of our TS.

We ate @ Le Cellier on our last trip and even though I thought it was fantastic my DH & DS aren't eager to return. This is our first trip using DDP and it is more of a test for us. We're going in May and missed out on the free dining plan. :rolleyes2

I believe all the prices on allears are before tax and tip. I would say 'Ohana is a good use of TS :thumbsup2

Toots said:

Are you going anywhere else for table service while you're not on the plan? If you are and one of em's more expensive, do that on the plan and your least expensive meal that you currently have on the plan off it.

but it's not clear to me if the $25.99 included tax and tip
It does not. All you'd need to do is spend about 5 bux more between counter and snack to get your 38 bux worth. Easily doable. In general, anything where you go over 24 bux or so (not including tax and tip) will get you value out of the plan as far as the menu cost. Some places cost more than others.

Hope this helps...ds4, dh and myself spent well over a hundred dollars to eat at Ohana in March. To me, it's likely one of the best uses of a TS. Also I really like the atmosphere - lots to do for the kids, a great view and the servers are great too.

Have fun!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter