O'hana breakfast on day of arrival

ncolea

Earning My Ears
Am I cutting it way too close to have an 11:15 am (hoping to score later one as date approaches) ADR for O'hana on day of arrival? We are staying at Poly and arriving at MDO at 8:55 am (on a Saturday) and taking magical express from there. From what I have read it seems to be on the safe side to allow a 3 hour buffer...is this correct? Should I just scrap this breakfast idea? What is the last ADR they offer? thanks!

This is not an ADR I would book. A 3 hour buffer is the minimum folks recommend, and you are way inside of that. I never book arrival meals until at least 6 hours after our arrival. Do you really want o begin a vacation with that level of stress? Running from teh airplane to DME, hoping to goodness no one needs to use the bathroom, and then praying there is not wait for your DME departure to the resort, watching the road for traffic instead of enjoying your entrance into WDW, and then zipping straight to 'Ohana to check in at 11:05? I would be off the charts filled with anxiety.

I agree with the others. I would drop it and, perhaps plan to have breakfast at Capt. Cook's that day when you arrive. You could also check to see if there is availability once you land and you know, approximately, what time you will make it to the resort.

This last trip we were expected to land in MCO at 8:55 am but did not take off until 8am! Our plane was delayed coming into our airport due to rain out west. This was the first time in our 20 years of going to WDW we were delayed heading out. We always book the 6am flight out and have many pictures time stamped 10:30 am from in the parks.

You never know what can happen. I now leave our arrival day open and only book dinner.

Way too tight. IMHO it is a crazy idea . I never book an ADR closer than 5 or more hours post scheduled arrival. We usually take a 6-7 AM Flight and are checked in and on our way to Epcot before noon. I only book dinner after 7 that day.

Thanks everyone for the insight. I was able to grab an 11:55 adr instead but knowing how anxious this may make me on our travel day I will prob cancel it.

Thanks everyone for the insight. I was able to grab an 11:55 adr instead but knowing how anxious this may make me on our travel day I will prob cancel it.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve read if you really can’t make your ADR, modify it for another day and time then cancel that new ADR later on. Supposively this avoids the no show fee.

OP, keep the ADR if you are OK with $10 no-show fee per person in the worst case scenario. If everything goes as planned, I think you'd make it. But if you encounter a delay, the worst that will happen is you miss it and are charged $10pp. Its up to you whether that cost is worth a chance.

I would keep the 1155, I think you'll be able to make it! Even if you are 20 min late (as we have been for ADRs) they will still seat you

This will vary by CM and restaurant. Its not something I would rely on at all.

arriving at MDO at 8:55 am
If you land on time and get to magical express you could get to the resort by 10:30 - if all the stars align correctly. I would not chance it. ADR on arrival day are usually not a good idea because you can not tell if there will be flight delays. If you are delayed just 20 minutes you won't make your reservation. Our last time arriving early on a Saturday had us faced with a complete sea of people at the magical express area. There was a long line just to check in and then every resort/bus line was full from the door to the check in. We waited 45 minutes just to board the bus. Granted it was likely just a busy week (April school vacation for us) but I couldn't believe the masses of people for all the resort lines. So needless to day my predicted arriving at the resort by 11am was more like 12:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter