Ohana for dinner and then EMH at MK

Sbethmiller13

Earning My Ears
Hi all, I am planning a trip for the first week in March and we have a dinner reservation for Ohana for 7:15pm. MK has EMH from 9-11pm. Will we have time to eat dinner and then head back to MK for those EMH. We have never been to Ohana so I am not sure what to expect. TIA

You should expect to wait to be seated past your ADR time. Frequent reports of 15-45 minute waits.
I find most TS dinners take about 90 minutes. But you have more control of timing here. Personally I wouldn’t rush through an expensive dinner.

I mean you may not get there right at 9 but you will have time to enjoy the park for a little while for sure. Not sur ehow late the little boat runs but we usually take that to get to Ohana and Narcoosees

Or you could take the monorail back over so it's not like you'll be waiting for a bus forever

We love Ohana ! Enjoy it ! You may be able to see the fireworks as well (Not sure what time HEA starts that night..)

You really never know how long you're going to wait with 'Ohana. Between 2010-2016, our wait times were as high as 45 min, but then in 2017, we were seated 15 minutes early. It also depends on the pace of the meal. Early visits were well paced, but that 2017 visit was speed dining. So, a lot hinges on how quickly you're seated and speed of your meal. If you're concerned, you may want to decide which is more important...'Ohana dinner or EMH?

We have been to Ohana 3 times. Our wait times to be seated were any where from 15 to 20 minutes. To eat about an hour.

Usually after Ohana the only thing we want to do is go to bed :laughing:.

We go to Ohana once every trip, it's DD's and DH's favorite. We tend to arrive about 15 minutes early and usually are seated right around our ADR time.

The last several times we've been to Ohana it feels pretty rushed. Even without eating quickly we tend to be finished in an hour, at most. We usually only get one serving of each of the proteins though so it depends on how much food you eat, you could end up sitting around a while waiting on them to come back around with skewers.

We go to Ohana once every trip, it's DD's and DH's favorite. We tend to arrive about 15 minutes early and usually are seated right around our ADR time.

The last several times we've been to Ohana it feels pretty rushed. Even without eating quickly we tend to be finished in an hour, at most. We usually only get one serving of each of the proteins though so it depends on how much food you eat, you could end up sitting around a while waiting on them to come back around with skewers.
Totally agree about wanting to go to bed ugh:rotfl:. We get stuffed! Yes they sure do serve a lot of protein.

Totally agree about wanting to go to bed ugh:rotfl:. We get stuffed! Yes they sure do serve a lot of protein.

I really try to not overeat but it happens every single time lol. I’m usually ok til they bring the bread pudding and it’s too good to leave any behind!

After we eat there all we want to do is explode.:)

We aren't big fans of evening EMH. Parents who refuse to get up early for the morning EMH seem to have to problem keeping the little ones up until they drop.

After we eat there all we want to do is explode.:)

We aren't big fans of evening EMH. Parents who refuse to get up early for the morning EMH seem to have to problem keeping the little ones up until they drop.
I was stuffed last summer. We had a reservation for 4:30 thinking that would be enough time to be hungry for the dessert party that night at MK. Never again will we do that! I couldn't even eat but maybe 2 desserts at the party.

Honestly I wouldnt bother. Boats/Ferry are shut down at 8:30 for the Electric Water Parade (forget the real name) and dont reopen until around 9:15. You could go to the monorail, but as soon as the fireworks are over, thousands and thousands of people are charging toward the exit.

Ohana is always running behind so you probably wont get seated until 7:30 the earliest and best case you get out of there at 8:45, drive over the TTC, get on the express..fireworks will have already started if not over, then you have fight the exiting crowd to get into the park, go on one ride or 2 rides, then it will be time to leave and you have to wait another hour to get back to your car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!