Ohana or 1900 Park fare for dinner?

Shellbells

DIS Veteran
We book our ADR's this weekend and I'm trying to figure out where to eat dinner before MVMCP.
I've narrowed it down to Ohana or 1900 Park Fare.

We are a family of 4. 2 boys aged 17 and 12. The 17 year old is a ham and will take pics with the characters. The 12 year old thinks he's too cool for it but will warm up to it.
My husband wants as many pics as possible of the characters with the boys but it doesn't need to be at meals.
Now for my questions...
Which has better food? Are the noodles at Ohanas sweet? (Because eww)
Is dinner at Ohana a character meal too?

Thank you in advance guys 😁

Ohana does not have characters, they are only at breakfast. So if your main goal is a character meal I’d pick 1900. I really like Ohanas food, although it does get mixed reviews. The noodles have a sort of teriyaki sauce on them. At Ohana they bring the food to your table and 1900 it’s a typical buffet where you get up and get your food. I’ve only done breakfast at 1900, but I did enjoy it

Ohana dinner is not a character meal—only the breakfast is. The characters at 1900 dinner are fantastic, especially the stepsisters. Cinderella and the Prince were fine but the sisters are much better. Lady Tremaine was not 5ere when we went last time—we had the Fairy Godmother instead. If your son is outgoing, they will probably play off that (ask him to marry them, ask if he is rich, etc)—you could get some really good moments there! The bread and dessert at Ohana ar very good—the rest is OK but nothing to rave about in my opinion. The food at 1900 is fine as well too—standard buffet (the strawberry soup is awesome on a hot day!). You are paying for the characters though. We will be doing 1900 dinner this summer again...

The sisters sound so fun! I didn't realize it was so interactive. I was leaning toward Ohana but now I'm really torn.

The sisters sound so fun! I didn't realize it was so interactive. I was leaning toward Ohana but now I'm really torn.
I guess it depends on the night and how much you are willing to interact too. Our 5 year old had a whole conversation with drizella about how it was mean she tore Cinderella’s dress and then she launched into how Cinderella shouldn’t have trusted rodents to make clothes...it was pretty funny, she was at our table for several minutes

I would book Ohana because it will fill up quickly. I booked the Kona Cafe for our July trip instead of Ohana. I have been having second thoughts lately and Ohana has nothing available. Occasionally a 9:50 PM ADR shows up but I don't want to eat that late. Kona and 1900 Park Fare still have plenty of availability for dinner.

I would book Ohana because it will fill up quickly. I booked the Kona Cafe for our July trip instead of Ohana. I have been having second thoughts lately and Ohana has nothing available. Occasionally a 9:50 PM ADR shows up but I don't want to eat that late. Kona and 1900 Park Fare still have plenty of availability for dinner.
That's really good advice! Thank you. I am not looking forward to getting up at 3 am on Saturday to book ADRs, lol

I like both, however we have done Park Fare every year and only done Ohana twice. The sisters and stepmother make the dinner amazing! It is unlike any other character meal. They are loud and fun and love to tease teenage boys! The butternut squash ravioli is amazing too. I would definitely do 1900 Park Fare.

We ate at 'Ohana several years ago. If you like loud and a bunch of courses dumped on your table at once, you're good. They don't wait for you to finish anything before bringing out more, so you're a little overwhelmed by the wealth of food! Stuff gets cold, the servers are extremely busy and might not be back for a bit. It was ok. None of us are interested in dining there, again.
I don't have high expectations for the food but, I have 1900 PF booked before Villains DAH. I really hope the Lady Tremaine and the steps are there. I'm preparing negotiations for when my teen and tween boys are of age. It'll also be fun if we see them when leaving the park that night. My kids have no idea that it's a character meal. They're just jazzed about eating at the GF and getting to choose from the buffet. DH isn't going and was really bummed to miss Cinderella's 'Steps!

If these are the only two options, I'd for sure go with 1900 Park Fare. I used to like Ohana, but I was very disappointed by the service and food at my last two visits there. IMHO Ohana is not nearly as good as it used to be.

I've had one dinner (long ago) and several breakfasts at 1900 Park Fare, and I think it's a good restaurant, although I preferred the characters and food at breakfast.

Well Ohana is our favorite restaurant. My daughter goes there just for the noodles and its a good place to fill up boys but as others have stated no characters. Now 1900 is a real hoot. When my daughter was small we were there and they found out I was a single dad. They had an argument with Gwen inbetween them about who was going to marry me and what school they were shipping her off to. I swear for about 10 minutes she believed them it was funny as sin.

Honestly i wasnt impressed with the food at either place, but because youre going to MVMCP i'd say ohana because its closer to MK. If your family likes that type of food, then its a no brainer.

However, if you really want a character meal for dinner then go with 1900.

Sorry if this wasnt very helpful lol. Although i will agree that you should snag an ohana reservation as soon as you can. You can always cancel if you change your mind. Ohana is really hard to get.

1900 Park Fare is our favorite character meal. It is so much fun and good food too!

Just want to make sure OP is aware, though, that you can enter MK at 4pm on a MVMCP ticket, so for that reason I wouldn't recommend a long meal outside the park.

1900 Park Fare is our favorite character meal. It is so much fun and good food too!

Just want to make sure OP is aware, though, that you can enter MK at 4pm on a MVMCP ticket, so for that reason I wouldn't recommend a long meal outside the park.
Actually i do agree with this. When i have a park ticket im always in the park at 4pm on the dot. :)

Remember you can go into the park at 4pm with your party ticket. I ran into issues trying to find a late lunch early dinner reservation at a deluxe hotel near MK as most of the table Services restaurants weren't open between 2- 5pm. So be sure to check that before you go into book. We ended up at Kona Cafe with a 2:50 late lunch reservation

I just want to thank you guys so much for taking the time to respond to my question.
I told my husband about the sisters and he thinks that sounds like more fun so we're going to book it at 4. Then we'll hightail it over to MK.
Without you guys I would have booked Ohana and now I think that might be a breakfast option on another day. You guys are the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts