Ohana or LIberty Tree Tavern?

niklynn1

Mouseketeer
We have only one day to spend in MK and I really want to see the fireworks. Ohana was my first choice for dinner, but I can only secure a 6:25 ressie (which I don't think will give us enough time to eat and make it back to the fireworks, correct?) or a 9:25, which feels very late.

I could get a better time at Liberty Tree Tavern, which would also be more convenient just because we don't have to leave the park and come back.

I've never eaten at either place. Would you choose Ohana over Liberty Tree, even though the timing and traveling there is not ideal? Or go for Liberty Tree just to save the stress? Thoughts please. :-)

I love Ohana, but it sounds like Liberty Tree would work way better with your plans. You'd have to leave with enough time to make it to Ohana, then it's always busy so you could end up waiting a bit and it's unlikely you'd make it back in time to watch fireworks there. I've never eaten at Liberty Tree, but I think it would be way better for you to not leave the park or miss the fireworks from inside.

Or, are there other table service places inside MK that are preferable to Liberty Tree Tavern if we don't leave the park?

Or, are there other table service places inside MK that are preferable to Liberty Tree Tavern if we don't leave the park?

Sure, there's The Plaza, Skipper's Canteen, Cindy's Royal Table, Crystal Palace, Tony's, Be Our Guest (during dinner).

Given your kids' ages in your signature, I'm thinking you don't want to blow time at a character meal, so that knocks out CRT and CP. BoG is probably out since your reservation window already opened and they're super hard to get.

Tony's is generally understood to be the worst Italian on property, although I think some recent reviews have been better.

If you're more adventurous eaters, Skipper's get great reviews.

Are you going on the dining plan or out of pocket? OOP, you could do the Plaza for around the cost of QS and people seem to like it there, too. They've got sandwiches, burgers, bottomless milkshakes. If you're on the DDP, it's a really bad use of a TS credit because of the low cost.

Sure, there's The Plaza, Skipper's Canteen, Cindy's Royal Table, Crystal Palace, Tony's, Be Our Guest (during dinner).

Given your kids' ages in your signature, I'm thinking you don't want to blow time at a character meal, so that knocks out CRT and CP. BoG is probably out since your reservation window already opened and they're super hard to get.

Tony's is generally understood to be the worst Italian on property, although I think some recent reviews have been better.

If you're more adventurous eaters, Skipper's get great reviews.

Are you going on the dining plan or out of pocket? OOP, you could do the Plaza for around the cost of QS and people seem to like it there, too. They've got sandwiches, burgers, bottomless milkshakes. If you're on the DDP, it's a really bad use of a TS credit because of the low cost.
This trip is a birthday celebration for just me and my husband, which is whey we would like to do a TS meal. We are on DDP. Ohana is a place we'd really like to try, but I'm just struggling deciding to sacrifice it for a more relaxed day and more park time.

A birthday trip with no kids, that sounds amazing. Then again, I'm currently planning a character heavy trip with 5 year olds, so any adult-related trips give me jealousy. To think, you don't even have to worry about bed times!!

If it's just adults, is the 9:25pm reservation definitely too late? You could eat heavier snacks throughout the evening then head over after the fireworks. You get your longer park day, your fireworks, and 'Ohana, you just have to sacrifice eating at a normal time. It sounds like you really want 'Ohana, not just any TS in the parks. With your trip being in January, you're looking at shorter park hours to begin with, so eating after the park closes allows you to maximize that limited time.

I'd still leave and go to 'Ohana. While our last 'Ohana experience wasn't the best, we've typically had decent experiences there...something I cannot say for LTT. If you don't want to leave MK, I'd be more inclined to go with Skipper Canteen.

A birthday trip with no kids, that sounds amazing. Then again, I'm currently planning a character heavy trip with 5 year olds, so any adult-related trips give me jealousy. To think, you don't even have to worry about bed times!!

If it's just adults, is the 9:25pm reservation definitely too late? You could eat heavier snacks throughout the evening then head over after the fireworks. You get your longer park day, your fireworks, and 'Ohana, you just have to sacrifice eating at a normal time. It sounds like you really want 'Ohana, not just any TS in the parks. With your trip being in January, you're looking at shorter park hours to begin with, so eating after the park closes allows you to maximize that limited time.

Im only a bit worried about the 9:25 ressie because we fly in late the evening before, after working all day, are planning to rope drop MK that morning, stay in park all day, leave after fireworks and go to Ohana, and then rope drop AK the next morning for Pandora. Just don't want us to get overly exhausted right off the bat, but also really want to go to Ohana since we honeymooned in Hawaii. :-)

We go to WDW often so I would do early Ohana and either grab a drink and stay at resort and watch fireworks from there or go back to MK.

Food wise, i like LTT better than Ohana. Ohana had dry potstickers, dry noodles, very slimy wings, dry meat. Youre on the DP so I would choose which is most convenient for you. If you always wanted to go to Ohana, try it. But if its too inconvenient I would stick with LTT (but keep trying for a better time at ohana...even the day of!). Something is bound to open up. It always does.

Sounds like your heart is with Ohana so I would stick with that. Worst case scenario is that you are tired and not feeling up to returning to MK after dinner, so you get a drink and watch the fireworks from the beach at the Poly.

I like both Ohana and LTT but they do serve very different kind of food. I would look at the menu and decide with that. If you do Ohana, I think you still have time to eat without rushing if the fireworks is around 9.

I like both Ohana and LTT but they do serve very different kind of food. I would look at the menu and decide with that. If you do Ohana, I think you still have time to eat without rushing if the fireworks is around 9.
We are going in January and fireworks are listed as 8pm.

DH and I enjoy dinner at LTT. It is good, down home comfort food. When we eat at Ohana, we plan for that to be our activity for the evening. It would be a shame to rush through such a delicious meal. We enjoy watching the children's activities, soaking up the tropical atmosphere, and getting 2nd or 3rd's on that shrimp!

We ate at both for our recent April trip. The one restaurant we were more excited about was Ohana, but it was also the one we were most disappointed in. We had 6:50 reservation - had to wait to be seated until close to 7:30 - so needless to say our plans to watch the 9:00 fireworks from the poly beach were busted. The food was ok - not worth what you are paying for that meal.

We ate at LTT for lunch - ordered the "thanksgiving dinner" - I can't remember what the exact name is (patriot platter maybe). We were all very happy with the food and service (there were 7 of us and no one complained). The ooey gooey toffey cake at LTT was so much better than the the Ohana bread pudding and the over all food at LTT was much better than Ohana.

So in your case for ease of planning and trying to get a good meal choose LTT for sure.

I like the food at both! Ohana is slightly better to me but as someone who goes to Hawaii every year at minimum it is not really Hawaiian food. If you have never been to the Polynesian hotel then it is cute to see and some of the staff at Ohana can be really into the Hawaiian vibe. I would go like 20 minutes + in advance of your reservation to get in on time-ish.
LTT is Holiday family dinner style that isn't as good as moms but still yummy. Also handy to not have to leave the park...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!