Ohana or LIberty Tree Tavern?

We've eaten at both for dinner and enjoyed both. Given your situation, I agree with a PP and would say book LTT but keep an eye out for a better reservation time to open up at Ohana.

Oh, keep in mind that Ohana is notorious for seating guests late....way past their ADR time. Keep that in mind, as I know your ADR is quite late already.

I'd recommend ohana and watch the fireworks from the beach at the poly... that's our plan.. plus if you are going on a non party night MK is going to be a MADHOUSE for HEA...

Sure, there's The Plaza, Skipper's Canteen, Cindy's Royal Table, Crystal Palace, Tony's, Be Our Guest (during dinner).

Given your kids' ages in your signature, I'm thinking you don't want to blow time at a character meal, so that knocks out CRT and CP. BoG is probably out since your reservation window already opened and they're super hard to get.

Tony's is generally understood to be the worst Italian on property, although I think some recent reviews have been better.

If you're more adventurous eaters, Skipper's get great reviews.

Are you going on the dining plan or out of pocket? OOP, you could do the Plaza for around the cost of QS and people seem to like it there, too. They've got sandwiches, burgers, bottomless milkshakes. If you're on the DDP, it's a really bad use of a TS credit because of the low cost.
I had Tony's when I was there, and I swear it was one of our top 5 meals of our entire 10 days there.

This is a super hard decision! I much prefer Ohana over LTT, but I also wouldn't miss the fireworks for the world. With that being said, I suppose I'd choose LTT in order to catch the fireworks, but I'd also keep checking back to see if anything becomes available for Ohana at an earlier time. :)

We prefer LTT over Ohana. We also prefer LTT lunch over their dinner.
What about LTT for lunch, quick service or snack for dinner, fireworks, then rest up for rope drop next day?

Really?? Do tell. What did you eat there? And when was this....recently???
We were there in August 2018, I read a lot of terrible reviews, so we did not initially ADR. I grabbed this reservation because my other reservation wasn't going to work for us, time wise, and we really just wanted somewhere to sit and eat. I figured it is pasta, it probably can't be that bad. I knew that they had a lot of complaints about pinkish chicken. Depending on how pink, I wasn't too worried because growing up in a restaurant and being a person who smokes a lot of meat, pink doesn't always mean under cooked. So I ordered what I normally do at Italian restaurants, chicken Alfredo. My husband and son both ordered spaghetti.
The waiting area was packed, we arrived 15 minutes early and 20 minutes later we were seated. We sat in the main dining room. Our server came over right away and after taking our order brought us over some bread right away. After our food came we were pleasantly surprised to see that the pasta was homemade (I asked, they make it there) and the sauces were all very tasty. I did notice about halfway through my chicken that there was a touch of pink, nothing alarming though. Our server must have been watching for it, because he came over right away to see if everything was okay. He also assured me that they temp their chicken. I told him that I really didn't need anything because I was already stuffed. I guess to be on the safe side, he told the manager, who then came to our table to make sure I was okay. I think they are trying very hard to repair their reputation. We thought the food was good, the theme was cute (My husband even pretended to roll a meatball to me with his nose lol) and the location was great. Hopefully on our next trip it will still be as good, because we will make an ADR.

We thought the food was good, the theme was cute (My husband even pretended to roll a meatball to me with his nose lol) and the location was great. Hopefully on our next trip it will still be as good, because we will make an ADR.
:lmao: hahaha, I love it. Your hubby is funny. Thats so cute. :laughing:
Im glad you enjoyed your meal. Its nice to hear positive reviews for a change. and im glad they're trying hard to repair their horrible reputation. Im impressed that they make their pasta in-house.
:) Thanks for posting the review!

We were there in August 2018, I read a lot of terrible reviews, so we did not initially ADR. I grabbed this reservation because my other reservation wasn't going to work for us, time wise, and we really just wanted somewhere to sit and eat. I figured it is pasta, it probably can't be that bad. I knew that they had a lot of complaints about pinkish chicken. Depending on how pink, I wasn't too worried because growing up in a restaurant and being a person who smokes a lot of meat, pink doesn't always mean under cooked. So I ordered what I normally do at Italian restaurants, chicken Alfredo. My husband and son both ordered spaghetti.
The waiting area was packed, we arrived 15 minutes early and 20 minutes later we were seated. We sat in the main dining room. Our server came over right away and after taking our order brought us over some bread right away. After our food came we were pleasantly surprised to see that the pasta was homemade (I asked, they make it there) and the sauces were all very tasty. I did notice about halfway through my chicken that there was a touch of pink, nothing alarming though. Our server must have been watching for it, because he came over right away to see if everything was okay. He also assured me that they temp their chicken. I told him that I really didn't need anything because I was already stuffed. I guess to be on the safe side, he told the manager, who then came to our table to make sure I was okay. I think they are trying very hard to repair their reputation. We thought the food was good, the theme was cute (My husband even pretended to roll a meatball to me with his nose lol) and the location was great. Hopefully on our next trip it will still be as good, because we will make an ADR.
I'm another one who has avoided Tony's for many years due to the bad reviews. But my kids are big on Italian food so I've been giving it more thought based on some of the recent reviews.....but ugh pink chicken. I'm willing to overlook a lot of food quality issues, but pink chicken isn't one of them :crazy2:
Good review though, thanks for sharing!

If your countdown is correct you still have 3 months right? Why not try to use the Touring Plans reservation finder and get an earlier reservation? Having an early dinner may not seem all that great but I like going to 'Ohana before 5:30 just because it seems a lot less hectic earlier in the evening. That would give you plenty of time to eat and get back to the park. TBut I also confess that I've never tried LTT but it's on my list at some point.

I'm another one who has avoided Tony's for many years due to the bad reviews. But my kids are big on Italian food so I've been giving it more thought based on some of the recent reviews.....but ugh pink chicken. I'm willing to overlook a lot of food quality issues, but pink chicken isn't one of them :crazy2:
Good review though, thanks for sharing!
I think most people ordering it would have the happiest experience if they said they want their chicken more well done. I am for sure the exception to the pink chicken rule, as it doesn't necessarily freak me out. I smoke a lot of chicken and I grew up in the restaurant industry so I personally go by temp and not color. But most people, should probably request their chicken be well done.

:lmao: hahaha, I love it. Your hubby is funny. Thats so cute. :laughing:
Im glad you enjoyed your meal. Its nice to hear positive reviews for a change. and im glad they're trying hard to repair their horrible reputation. Im impressed that they make their pasta in-house.
:) Thanks for posting the review!
No problem, it really was a good memory for us.

Did I see your going in Jan? If you want a different time for 'ohana sign up for touring plans ressie finder. I've been signed up for just over a week to change my 'Ohana time in January. I've gotten 4 notifications in just a week and the last one was the exact time I wanted!

Thank you to all who gave me the advice of trying TP Reservation finder, but I guess I am unsure of how it works. I put in Ohana for a 5p dinner time, and it texted me with two breakfast options of 7:30 and 8a. I declined them both, I think, but it won't let me restart the search?

Thank you to all who gave me the advice of trying TP Reservation finder, but I guess I am unsure of how it works. I put in Ohana for a 5p dinner time, and it texted me with two breakfast options of 7:30 and 8a. I declined them both, I think, but it won't let me restart the search?

If it sent you breakfast, you put the time in wrong. Click to start a new search and this time make sure you specify a time of 430 or 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter