Ohana or Whispering Canyon

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
Okay, we've narrowed it down to these two restaurants. Which would you recommend for 4 adults (me, my DH, and my parents) and 2 kids - DD6 and DS2?

Both are fun and both have good food. If you have only one to choose, check out the menus and see what appeals to your group more. Personally, we include both places on our itenerary when we go; they are two of our favorites. If I could only do one..........well, oh, hard to answer........O'Hana's.

'Ohana, unless you enjoy dining in total chaos. :rolleyes: The food is prepared better at 'Ohana also.

OHANA OHANA OHANA OHANA!!!!!! Trust me on this. We have done both. The food at WC is mediocre at best and the noise is UNBELIEVABLE!!! Just a side note, if you want your steak prepared a certain way at O'hana's just ask. They will make sure you have a perfect steak (we like our steaks rare).
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention, the food is out of this world at O'hana. Hope this helps:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Most certainly - Whispering Canyon.

We did not like Ohana's at all.

We went to Whispering Canyon last May and the adults and kids had a great time and the food was great as well

Haven't tried Ohana yet (did Boma instead), but we did do WCC in October and loved it. The kids loved the horse races and the silly wait staff (at other tables, our waittress was more laid back), and enjoyed playing at the Lincoln Log table before we sat. Looking around the resort was fun, too. (We've stayed at Poly and CSR.)

The food was great IMO. But I am admittedly a BBQ freak.

We would definitely eat here again. Unfortunately, we keep adding must-do restaurants. I hope next time we can fit in Ohana. It sounds great.

I've dined at and enjoyed both. The food at both is hot and tasty. I think WCC is a little bit more interactive and fun, compared to O'Hana's. I did do lunch at WCC and found it less noisy. If you choose O'Hana's, ask for a table behind the bar. We found this less noisy and had a beautiful view of the lagoon & the Magic Kingdom. Also, we got to see the Water Parade go by.

One specific thing to consider - at Whispering Canyon, most of the meat is smoked. Since my wife doesn't like smoked meats all that much, she didn't enjoy it especially. At 'Ohana, I don't recall any of the meats being smoked.

On the other hand - Whispering Canyon has the only milkshake with free refills I've ever seen.

Personally, I really like both, but I've been to WC about five times, so I probably won't go back on my next couple visits. At the moment, 'Ohana is up very near the top of my favorites list.

Side point - it's a good thing the "Fabulous Disney Babe" hasn't read this thread, or some of our posters would be sent to the corner for a time out - any time she sees this restaurant called "O'Hana's", we immediately hear "I didn't know the Polynesian had opened an Irish pub." (Or sometimes, she's just a bit less polite about it.) So - you've all been warned!

On the menu section at allearsnet - Ohana's list says "alternative children's selections available on request." Anyone know what these are?

I haven't been to O'Hana's.....sorry.

But I would definitely go back to WCC. My Grumpy 70 yr FIL came w/ me as well as my MIL, DH, BIL, wife and 2 kids. We told the waiter that my FIL wanted to go to Universal Studios instead, but we MADE him go to WDW (a fib, but boy did he get in trouble!) He ended up having to do the stick horse race himself around the whole restaurant while all of the diners waved their napkins. He barely made the loop, but now talks about it all the time. We took some pictures and he has them displayed for the world to see. Although he arrived Grumpy, he left in a much better mood.

We also enjoyed the food tremendously. Everything is smoked, but we like it that way. We have a Green Egg Smoker on our back deck. I had a portabello mushroom sandwich, and it was wonderful. We shared down home comforts like baked beans and mashed potatoes and such. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

I will try O'Hana's myself soon, but DH is so picky and so is DS and I am afraid they won't like the sweet sauces. But that is just my goofy family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter